Required reading: "What can I say? It's over." | The Boneyard

Required reading: "What can I say? It's over."

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: UConn women's recruiting setbacks part of normal basketball world program rarely sees

Nan included this article in her news summary, but I think it deserves its own thread.

What a 10-day block this is becoming. Down go the Huskies! They were challenged by St. John’s in St. Thomas. They didn’t land any top recruiting targets for the first time in … forever. They’re underdogs Sunday against an Irish team that bounced them from the Final Four. They’re a top-heavy team lacking depth.​
“What can I say? It’s over,” said coach Geno Auriemma, who has 1,033 victories and 11 national championships in 33-plus years of coaching wave after wave of All-Americans and All-WNBA players.​
Yup, it’s all over, everything we have come to expect as much as appreciate over the past quarter century.​
Sarcasm can be difficult to detect in print. It is not from Auriemma, who smiled often in a Wednesday night press conference as he lent perspective to a panic-filled discussion of the Huskies’ demise, given that they whiffed on top high school players such as Aliyah Boston and Haley Jones, the consensus No. 1 player in the Class of 2019 who announced hours earlier that she would attend Stanford.​

Reaction Score
2020 and 2021 will be very interesting recruiting years. ND and UCONN will have lots of slots available for immediate playing time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25
Top Bottom