Requested in another thread - game with Kerry Bascom (Gamecock fans take note) | The Boneyard

Requested in another thread - game with Kerry Bascom (Gamecock fans take note)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is the 1991 Final Four game vs Virginia with a senior Kerry Bascom. I’m pretty sure this is UConn’s first Final Four.

I got the link from the most excellent site UConn Husky Games . Some links to games had to be taken down. Even though the games were linked to the providers’ sites, some crankypantses didnt like it. But there are still some awesome games linked there. Those folks on Twitter can see daily links to historical games @UConnHuskyGames

There is a baby faced Dawn Staley in this game and Meg Pattyson looks about 12 years old.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the 1991 Final Four game vs Virginia with a senior Kerry Bascom. I’m pretty sure this is UConn’s first Final Four.

I got the link from the most excellent site UConn Husky Games although some games had to be taken down. Even though the games were linked to the providers’ sites, some crankypantses made them take the links down. But there are still some awesome games linked there. Those folks on Twitter can see daily links to historical games @UConnHuskyGames

Great game to review (reminisce)..
Lots of future head coaches on that Virginia team..
Dawn, Tonya, and Tammi Reiss (URI)
Happy that Geno did finally get Tonya "onto his bench"!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Great game to review (reminisce)..
Lots of future head coaches on that Virginia team..
Dawn, Tonya, and Tammi Reiss (URI)
Happy that Geno did finally get Tonya "onto his bench"!
Debbie Baer Fiske, too

Reaction Score
Great video for UConn women's posterity. A great showcase for some of the talent before the NC's. Not a win but a heck of a game.
Classic moment for those that want to skim through to not miss is at 1:03:06. Geno catches Tonya falling toward the UConn bench and jokingly offers her a seat there.
Irony, little did he or her know at the time she would end up spending fourteen years on the UConn bench. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom