Request for status on Paige | The Boneyard

Request for status on Paige

Reaction Score
Good morning fellow BYer's

The vicissitudes of life continue to prevent me from watching our beloved UConn student-athletes. I think I see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, but, as we all know so well, the future is uncertain.

Sadly, I have not been able to read BY much at all. As we all know, "it is what it is."

Despite my continued ignorance about our treasured program, I do glance at the box scores, if I can. I know that Azzi is showing why she was so touted out of high school.

My first question is: can a BY or three point me to the latest tea leaves on Paige's return? So many BYer's have Ph.D's in tea leave reading. Thank you.

Methinks that if Miss Bueckers can come back at near 100% with enough time to re-integrate into the team, we can win the tournament, IF IF IF we can be healthy in late March-early April. I drool at "pass-first" PG Paige finding ways to get Azzi and CD the ball where they love it the most. My second question is: what do my fellow BYer's think of my bold prediction?

Thank you all. I have enjoyed writing this post!

Reaction Score

It does not take an astute medical eye to see the leg of Paige covered fully. The tiny gimp in that leg. To be Paige of 2021 last fall means making sharp turns, long in the air jumps, twisting the body in multiple directions at once.
I've spent 5 years in studies of body and 10 years of consulting hospitals, lecturing doctors/nurses. I am not remotely qualified to assess when she will be ready. Geno has this right. That leg will take Doctors, trainers, Parents, and Paige to say she's ready to go. That does not mean 120 percent ready. Bodies heal at different rates, brains retain memories of injuries and remote fears at different rates. As much as Meyers and other dislike me saying it: I can wait for Paige until next year. If she were my daughter, that's the advice I'd give her. Slowly slowly begin slowly.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It does not take an astute medical eye to see the leg of Paige covered fully. The tiny gimp in that leg. To be Paige of 2021 last fall means making sharp turns, long in the air jumps, twisting the body in multiple directions at once.
I've spent 5 years in studies of body and 10 years of consulting hospitals, lecturing doctors/nurses. I am not remotely qualified to assess when she will be ready. Geno has this right. That leg will take Doctors, trainers, Parents, and Paige to say she's ready to go. That does not mean 120 percent ready. Bodies heal at different rates, brains retain memories of injuries and remote fears at different rates. As much as Meyers and other dislike me saying it: I can wait for Paige until next year. If she were my daughter, that's the advice I'd give her. Slowly slowly begin slowly.
This +100000000.

If a person going thru rehab cannot do things without hesitating, limping, running around the affected leg, they aren't ready. It's when both body and mind are in sync 100%, doing without thinking, etc.

Reaction Score
The gimp in her leg is because she was wearing a brace that was restricting her movement not because she's still injured. Yesterday was the first time we've seen her without it.

Reaction Score
The gimp in her leg is because she was wearing a brace that was restricting her movement not because she's still injured. Yesterday was the first time we've seen her without it.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Geno has stated that she won't come back until cleared by the medical staff and if Paige decides to come back after medical clearance.

Reaction Score
Realistically, I don’t expect to see Paige return until the BE Tournament while also anticipating less than 100% capacity in March.

But Paige at even 80% leading an otherwise healthy roster playing at their respective peak levels is good enough for Minneapolis, at least, if not the winning Dance card.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If Paige is cleared before the end of the season I think she will come in sometime during the Senior Night game replacing one of the non Seniors in the first quarter. That way she does not take away their day, but does give hope for the fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom