Report Williams Suffers season ending injury. [ Merged Thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Report Williams Suffers season ending injury. [ Merged Thread]

Reaction Score
Recognized as one of the very best in her field who did a great job getting the players back on the court.
You’re going to beat this dead horse until there’s nothing left to beat. Without any factual basis whatsoever, you are suggesting that one of the foremost strength and conditioning experts in college basketball, men or women, is not competent. Until you have some concrete evidence to back up your absurd and baseless claims, I strongly suggest you find somewhere else, other than the BY, to peddle your ideas.
Hey we disagree, that’s totally ok and cool. The factual basis I need is in the injury report from the time Amanda kimball was let go. I would love if you could prove me wrong and that all the stress reactions, tears, and back injury are totally un-correlated. But hey that’s the magic of the boneyard, pretty much all it is is our opinions, alike or different. So I strongly suggest you respect those that view the world differently than you.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Given that Christyn hadn't made the Mystics' roster at the time of her injury, is there any doubt about whether the Mystics will pay for her medical treatment? I certainly hope that the team or the WNBA has group health insurance that fully covers training camp injuries.
Just a guess, but the UConn academic year is not over, so she may be covered by whatever medical insurance the University has for student athletes.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe there isn’t some sort of provision for injuries! I can’t believe they would sign a CBA that didn’t protect players who suffer injuries on the job! If they did, they need new negotiators!

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I am well aware, I’m sure you’re also well aware that that was 15+ years ago and team success is not an ideal indicator of a S+C coaches ability. Injuries however are a rather good indicator. And the uptick since she’s comeback is indicative of something. Absolutely it is not all on her, and absolutely I am not saying she is bad at her job. I am just saying too much has happened for it to not be connected. I sincerely hope this isn’t an ‘I told you so’ moment for me 12 months from today, but i won’t be holding my breathe.

There are those—thankfully few—who haven't yet discovered the obvious: coincidence causality.

Let's follow the ignorant train of thought. The UConn women's basketball team had more injured players than usual this year. All the injured players had a staff member in common. Therefore, we should blame…

Geno
Chris
Jamelle
Morgan
Sarah
Janelle
Peggy
et alia

And don't forget to blame the male practice players.

All of the above must be to blame for Dorka's broken wrist, for
the foot injury Azzi brought with her, for both shots to Caroline's head, for Paige's knee, and Christyn's Covid.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hey we disagree, that’s totally ok and cool. The factual basis I need is in the injury report from the time Amanda kimball was let go. I would love if you could prove me wrong and that all the stress reactions, tears, and back injury are totally un-correlated. But hey that’s the magic of the boneyard, pretty much all it is is our opinions, alike or different. So I strongly suggest you respect those that view the world differently than you.
Get your facts straight. Amanda Kimball was not let go. She is the Director of Holistic and Reintegration Sports Performance at UConn. As such she works with various trainers and coaching staffs on strength and conditioning programs, including basketball.

Reaction Score
There are those—thankfully few—who haven't yet discovered the obvious: coincidence causality.

Let's follow the ignorant train of thought. The UConn women's basketball team had more injured players than usual this year. All the injured players had a staff member in common. Therefore, we should blame…

Geno
Chris
Jamelle
Morgan
Sarah
Janelle
Peggy
et alia

And don't forget to blame the male practice players.

All of the above must be to blame for Dorka's broken wrist, for
the foot injury Azzi brought with her, for both shots to Caroline's head, for Paige's knee, and Christyn's Covid.
you forgot ONO's groin.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe there isn’t some sort of provision for injuries! I can’t believe they would sign a CBA that didn’t protect players who suffer injuries on the job! If they did, they need new negotiators!
1650499992621.png

Reaction Score
This just happened today. Gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm sure Christyn is just gutted over her injury. Damn.

1650500237174.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No, it's not cool.

You're the one making grave accusations of professional incompetence or malpractice. Accusations require evidence, and evidence is not just mere correlation. I highly recommend you read up on the distinction between correlation and causality, since it seems to elude you.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Given that Christyn hadn't made the Mystics' roster at the time of her injury, is there any doubt about whether the Mystics will pay for her medical treatment? I certainly hope that the team or the WNBA has group health insurance that fully covers training camp injuries.
Mike Thibault said (my words) they have her all the way and looks forward to next season with her.

Reaction Score
Get your facts straight. Amanda Kimball was not let go. She is the Director of Holistic and Reintegration Sports Performance at UConn. As such she works with various trainers and coaching staffs on strength and conditioning programs, including basketball.
My facts are absolutely straight on this one. She was 100% let go by the Womens Basketball Coaching staff. This is extremely well known and documented. If you feel otherwise, feel free to do your research. Before acting as though you know all there is to know about UCWBB and get rude on repeated occasions, you might want to at least be accurate. Time will tell which of us has the correct opinion on the situation. Now let’s get this thread back on track, sending well wishes to Christyn.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My facts are absolutely straight on this one. She was 100% let go by the Womens Basketball Coaching staff. This is extremely well known and documented. If you feel otherwise, feel free to do your research.
Your claim is neither well known or documented. Andrea Hudy was originally replaced by Amanda Kimball in 2004. When Hudy returned to UConn, Kimball accepted another position with the University.

Your implication is that Kimball was terminated by the coaches. That is absolute nonsense.

See Kaizen’s post below.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Your claim is neither well known or documented. Andrea Hudy was originally replaced by Amanda Kimball in 2004. When Hudy returned to UConn, Kimball accepted another position with the University.

Your implication is that Kimball was terminated by the coaches. That is absolute nonsense.
UConn women’s basketball has hired Andrea Hudy as the team’s new Director of Sports Performance, the school announced on Wednesday. She comes to Storrs from the University of Texas, where she was the head coach of basketball strength and conditioning, overseeing both the men’s and women’s programs.

Hudy received her master’s degree from UConn in 1999 and worked with the Huskies’ women’s basketball team from 1995-2004.

Hudy will replace Amanda Kimball, who had been working with UConn since Hudy left in 2004. Kimball is now the Director of Holistic and Reintegration Sports Performance, according to the school’s website.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Assigning any blame to the UConn staff makes no sense to me, she's moved on
and is under a new set of trainers.

RPM's theory though, does makes a lot of sense...
It is well established that Woman have a much longer yearly period of activity than men to make a decent living...and for 1st year pros, it's the worst...

A full college season, post season, followed by pro training camp and season, then
overseas.

It's a wonder more woman don't break down.

Reaction Score
Very unfortunate, I had post about this last night but it was deleted. This really makes you question the switch in S+C coach we made recently.
No attack but LOL...... The question is what are your S&C or medical credentials ?? Geno and staff are clueless??
Injuries however are a rather good indicator. And the uptick since she’s comeback is indicative of something. Absolutely it is not all on her, and absolutely I am not saying she is bad at her job. I am just saying too much has happened for it to not be connected. I sincerely hope this isn’t an ‘I told you so’ moment for me 12 months from today, but i won’t be holding my breathe.
Again no personal attack but you come across very confused. You say you are not saying she is bad at her job then switch over with too much has happened for it to not be connected. :confused:
Now let’s get this thread back on track, sending well wishes to Christyn.
Again no attack but laughing out loud as your first post is what took the thread off track. ;)
Best wishes to Christyn for a speedy and complete recovery from this home. We were and are looking forward to following her career.

Reaction Score
2 different statements can be right.

Trainer is doing a good job, but the players are still getting hurt maybe due to the workouts that are hard and believe me you got men players from Kansas that come out and said they are GRUELING. No shade on the trainer, she is doing her job and she is obviously doing what she thinks is best for each player.

sun

Reaction Score
Just a guess, but the UConn academic year is not over, so she may be covered by whatever medical insurance the University has for student athletes.
I would like to know if there is any insurance provided.
I haven't seen anything about insurance publicized in writing or in their budget,
I have read that college players are responsible for their own medical expenses related to their injuries, surgery and such.
The NCAA doesn't provide it unless there's an insurance that they offer that can be privately purchased.
The team may have a therapist or even a doctor on staff to deal with some ailments , but I doubt that includes surgery.

There may be issues with a player getting injured off campus or outside of team sanctioned events that doesn't get properly documented, but could end up being a multi-million Dollar injury.
And I doubt that a university would want to accept financial liability for a catastrophic injury being insured, whether it happened on or off the court.
I'm talking about a broken neck, paralysis and possibly even worse.
I've read that the NCAA players had to provide their own medical insurance.
Athletes can buy private athlete insurance to protect potential future professional earnings such as if they suffer a significant injury, but it's very expensive and mostly applies to football players and other top ranked athletes who may lose draft position worth millions of Dollars due to their injury.

While it would be nice to learn differently about the athletes not being covered by team insurance, I'm not optimistic that anyone can shed light on whether UConn actually provides any.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It would seem far more likely that the problem would be jumping right into a pro training camp after completing the longest season of anybody (other than the UCONN and SC draftees - don’t forget having to recover from COVID too) without any time for rest/recovery. Will be interesting to hear more details on the injury.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think some of us, including me, got sidetracked on this thread. So let me say what I really want to say.

Christyn has been a great player and wonderful teammate at UConn for the past 4 seasons. The news of her injury yesterday breaks my heart. Christyn is one of the hardest working, most dedicated players I have seen at UConn. Those qualities will serve her well as she works her way back from this injury.

Wishing Christyn a speedy and full recovery and a long and successful career in the W.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom