Report Card | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Report Card

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Ill take the decimals out of it, but I'm keeping the numbers. I SAID IM KEEPING THE NUMBERS!!!!!!!!

Maybe trade the decimals for some other punctuation? Just a suggestion...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
IMHO - I did not think he got fouled, or if he did it didn't matter because it was a forced, low percentage shot. I thought it was the third time he had forced an ill-advised shot that caused Hurley to get upset. I watched Hurley and his anger was present before he even realized that CV was assigned a technical. I saw Hurley asking his assistants and the ref what it was for. CV, in my opinion, has to be much more selective on offense. It kills a quality offense to have a player throwing up lousy shots... it's also contagious if the coach doesn't stop it immediately. I hope CV makes the adjustment because if he plays within his capabilities he is an asset.

Yeah, KO didn't do much to curb Vital's poor shot selection. I'm sure Hurley will yank him after a couple of bad shots during the game. It's gonna be up to Vital to learn that he's going to have to stop taking dumb shots if he wants to play big minutes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ill take the decimals out of it, but I'm keeping the numbers. I SAID IM KEEPING THE NUMBERS!!!!!!!!
Then you need to get a new avatar. The existing one is false advertising. I SAID FALSE ADVERSTISING!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Then you need to get a new avatar. The existing one is false advertising. I SAID FALSE ADVERSTISING!!!!!!!!
Dear numbers genius:
So if its a report card than a score of 6.7 is a D, Gilbert got a B minus, Polley, Williams, Carlton, Whaley, Cobb all failing grades in the 5.whatever = fifties. Or maybe these are percentiles for all CBB players? I suggest a new avatar, screen name and pretend this first poster was a fraud.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
A friend asked me what I thought about a recently released movie. I told him I'd give it 4 stars. He came back to me the next day and complained that the movie stunk. I told him I agreed with him. He asked me how I could give 4 stars. I told him my scale was 0-100 stars. Keep up the good work @ Report Card.

Reaction Score
Dear numbers genius:
So if its a report card than a score of 6.7 is a D, Gilbert got a B minus, Polley, Williams, Carlton, Whaley, Cobb all failing grades in the 5.whatever = fifties. Or maybe these are percentiles for all CBB players? I suggest a new avatar, screen name and pretend this first poster was a fraud.
Dear Mr. Simple Mind
A report card is defined as a way of communicating a student/player’s performance. After careful deliberation, our committee has chosen to grade on a 10 scale, mainly, for the sake of international fans who aren’t familiar with the letter grade system (to most French people, a B stands for baguette). 6.7 is a solid score, you will catch on, because you are UConn blood.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
0-10 scale is ambiguous, can we take the guess work out and have you move to rubric based scoring for the team?

1541438035144.png

Reaction Score
Gone are the days of good looking athletic cheerleaders, so with this frame of ref, dance tean F--.

Reaction Score
Dear Mr. Simple Mind
A report card is defined as a way of communicating a student/player’s performance. After careful deliberation, our committee has chosen to grade on a 10 scale, mainly, for the sake of international fans who aren’t familiar with the letter grade system (to most French people, a B stands for baguette). 6.7 is a solid score, you will catch on, because you are UConn blood.
So is a 5 'average' or is a 7.5 average? It is going to take work to shake the report card scoring system expectations. Maybe grade some historical UConn games and players so we can all recalibrate. I do share your faith in UConn bloodlines' ability to conquer even seemingly catastrophic beginnings.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Game 1 vs SCSU

E. Cobb- 5.9
C. Vital- 6.2
T. Smith- 6.5
A. Gilbert- 8.0
J. Adams- 6.7
I. Whaley- 5.7
B. Adams- 7.8
T. Polley- 5.8
K. Williams- 5.9
J. Carlton- 5.3

D. Hurley- 10
Dance team- 2.6
Eric Cobb- 5.935
K. Williams- 5.947

Need perspective. What would your score be for S. Wane in the Duke championship game. Just for the strip of Elton Brand I'd give him a 10.0!!!!!!000000!!!! for that game.

Speaking of the 1999 championship I love this quote from the following great article.

When I will give Coach Hurley a 10.0

In the end, UConn point guard Khalid El-Amin -- who was grabbed by a security guard during the postgame celebration because the rolly-polly point guard just doesn't look like a basketball player (even in uniform) -- was Mr. Clutch.

Duke came face-to-face with a smart (read: collapsing, switching, doubling down on consensus national Player of the Year Elton Brand) UConn defense Monday night.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What happened with CV and the technical? Was it legit? I fear the oncourt complaining might not mesh with this staff. Could see him playing a much smaller role due to his emotions.

Posted this in another thread, but it's an apropos response here:

I see him playing as the 3rd guard no problem. I think he'll bend to Hurley's ways, as soon as he realizes it's tied to playing time. Two things in his favor:
  • Hurley loves his intensity, which is better than everyone else on the team. Hurley will give him minutes despite the odd mistake/miscue because the kid brings it.
  • I expect we play a lot of 3 guard, which significantly works in his favor.
I think it's those emotions that will earn him playing time, not subtract from it. He's an integral part to the heart of this team, which has a few less intense, key players (primarily Jalen and Josh).

He'll figure out how to channel it eventually.

Reaction Score
I initially thought these were points scored.

No offense to OP, but I never liked or agreed with report cards. It's personal.

Reaction Score
What happened with CV and the technical? Was it legit? I fear the oncourt complaining might not mesh with this staff. Could see him playing a much smaller role due to his emotions.

Although only one game, ft shooting will need to get better if team will do damage in March. Was a strength of 2011 and 2014 teams...hoping the squad follows suit

Excited for regular season

It was Gilbert 1/4, Carlton 3/9 and Cobb 0/2 that caused the FT shooting to look so bad. They were 4/15 while the rest of the team was 22/24...............................shades of 2014 NCAA FT tournament shooting.

Men's Basketball vs Southern Connecticut State University (EXH.) on 11/2/2018 - UConn Huskies | University of Connecticut Athletics

Reaction Score
Dear Mr. Simple Mind

Forget Ithaca Matt, it's Chef00.............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom