Report Card vs USF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Report Card vs USF

Reaction Score
And every time he gets more than that?

Whaley performs well in the little amount of time he gets. I don't think it's reasonable to assume it is necessarily something you can extrapolate into something more.

How many times has that happened?

The team is .500, how much could it have hurt to give the kid some more burn?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
And every time he gets more than that?

Whaley performs well in the little amount of time he gets. I don't think it's reasonable to assume it is necessarily something you can extrapolate into something more.
Has he ever been in a situation this year where you’re like “damn Whaley is killing us”

Reaction Score
Has he ever been in a situation this year where you’re like “damn Whaley is killing us”
No.

But why do you think Hurley isn't playing him? Spite?

I'm merely extrapolating: players often look good in short spurts and then look really bad in a larger context. I suspect, like so many other players, Hurley knows best here.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
The guy ahead of him on the depth chart is injured?

Yeah, he has to play and he has been up and down, but I absolutely do not get the thinking where at the end of the game they had him with the ball when you knew USF was going to foul. That just seemed crazy to me. I was just surprised USF didn't foul him earlier. He actually hit the free throws (props to him) but still makes no sense not to have the ball in Gilbert's hands there.

Reaction Score
So who would you play ahead of him now?
. There is nobody.
I’m just saying if you have expectations much above what he is giving you you’ll be disappointed. Just an indication of the utter lack of talent on this club.

Reaction Score
I know Terrance isn't a good long range shooter, but we need Gilbert handling the ball, especially in crunch time. Gilbert isn't very useful cutting and running through the lane without the ball when we try to run whatever motion offense that is. He needs the ball in his hands more. Every time Gilbert has the ball he is a threat to the defense. When Smith is running the offense, the defense can coast through the possession more often.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know Terrance isn't a good long range shooter, but we need Gilbert handling the ball, especially in crunch time. Gilbert isn't very useful cutting and running through the lane without the ball when we try to run whatever motion offense that is. He needs the ball in his hands more. Every time Gilbert has the ball he is a threat to the defense. When Smith is running the offense, the defense can coast through the possession more often.

What they can do is pack it in and basically kill the offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom