Report Card vs USF | The Boneyard

Report Card vs USF

Reaction Score
J. Carlton 7.5- Today, we won a game in thanks to Josh Carlton. Who would have ever thought.
A. Gilbert 6.5- Please AG, please stop hoisting shots up among the trees downlow. Kick those out. Needs to average more than just 1 assist per game. No one else on this team can create their own shot. Need much more facilitating out of him.
I. Whaley N/A- Play the kid! From what I gather from his instagram stories, my guess is he doesn't end up transferring anyways.
T. Smith 5.5- Had some nice assists in the first half, along with some good defense. But 4 pts in 33 mins?
S. Wilson 5.0- Played with no energy today. Worst play of the game was when he avoided contest on a USF wide open lane that resulted in an easy dunk. The kid has too much potential to be playing this way. 2 games in a row. Disappointing.
T. Polley 5.0- When Coach speaks about bringing in better talent, in turn, there's an indirect statement being made about the lack of talent on the team today. Tyler Polley is the lack of talent currently on this team that Coach Hurley is referring to.
C. Vital 4.5- C'mon man.
B. Adams 4.5- Needs to finish the year stronger if he wants to get a look at minutes next year.
E. Cobb 3.0- Blank

Notes: -David Collins is not good at drawing fouls; David Collins is simply a flopping sack of floppily flop-flop. How the refs didn't catch on to his shtick is wild.
-The announcers were horrendous.
-You wonder how a packed out Gampel with a UConn team in the slumps plays on the minds of these high touted recruits.

Reaction Score
Yeah some of these guys’ roles on the team is to make threes (polley, vital) would’ve been nice to have 1 or 2 go in

Reaction Score
I thought B. Adams played pretty well in limited minutes, and thus would give him a 5.5. Wilson should be a 2.0 or 3.0 as he was terrible and so was Vital. T. Polley actually had a decent game and played some good d with a couple nice shots inside. I would give him a 6.

Reaction Score
The announcers made an accurate point today about Gilbert setting up three point shooters. He would have had many more assists if guys would knock down the open shots that AG provides for them. Gilbert played a great game especially on defense.

Polley was very efficient today, 2-3 from the field, 4-5 from the line, 0 TOs, 2 rebounds and a block. And he was prettty good defensively. He didn't force anything or make major mistakes. So on a day when his shot was not there he didn't hurt the team. Would we like more from him, yeah, hell yeah. But he ain't the problem.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The announcers made an accurate point today about Gilbert setting up three point shooters. He would have had many more assists if guys would knock down the open shots that AG provides for them. Gilbert played a great game especially on defense.

Polley was very efficient today, 2-3 from the field, 4-5 from the line, 0 TOs, 2 rebounds and a block. And he was prettty good defensively. He didn't force anything or make major mistakes. So on a day when his shot was not there he didn't hurt the team. Would we like more from him, yeah, hell yeah. But he ain't the problem.
Only 3 shots for him is not acceptable

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A. Gilbert 6.5- Please AG, please stop hoisting shots up among the trees downlow. Kick those out. Needs to average more than just 1 assist per game. No one else on this team can create their own shot. Need much more facilitating out of him.

I mean, yeah, but to who? It's brick city out there.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Notes: -David Collins is not good at drawing fouls; David Collins is simply a flopping sack of floppily flop-flop. How the refs didn't catch on to his shtick is wild.

How UCONN hasn't noticed this and done the same thing is beyond me? We need those free points.

Reaction Score
One of those 'nice shots' was a ridiculous off balance floater that's going in 2/10 times. Bad shot, but it dropped.
Nah but the and one jumper was good. I’m thankful he didn’t try to drive that

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I thought B. Adams played pretty well in limited minutes, and thus would give him a 5.5. Wilson should be a 2.0 or 3.0 as he was terrible and so was Vital. T. Polley actually had a decent game and played some good d with a couple nice shots inside. I would give him a 6.

One of those 'nice shots' was a ridiculous off balance floater that's going in 2/10 times. Bad shot, but it dropped.

You call it efficient, I call it uninvolved. I'd rather have him try to get involved and make mistakes.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
For the life of me, I cannot understand why Smith gets as much floor time as he does. He's a GRADUATE TRANSFER for god sake. Should have some court smarts. But his passing is suspect, he can't hit a foul shot, he's always going into the basket among the front court and getting blocked, he won't pass to the trailer for an easier shot, and he's a turnover machine. Just really frustrating watching him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
For the life of me, I cannot understand why Smith gets as much floor time as he does. He's a GRADUATE TRANSFER for god sake. But his passing is suspect, he can't hit a foul shot, he's always going into the basket among the front court and getting blocked, he won't pass to the trailer for an easier shot, and he's a turnover machine. Just really frustrating watching him.

The guy ahead of him on the depth chart is injured?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
For the life of me, I cannot understand why Smith gets as much floor time as he does. He's a GRADUATE TRANSFER for god sake. But his passing is suspect, he can't hit a foul shot, he's always going into the basket among the front court and getting blocked, he won't pass to the trailer for an easier shot, and he's a turnover machine. Just really frustrating watching him.

We have no one else.

Reaction Score

You call it efficient, I call it uninvolved. I'd rather have him try to get involved and make mistakes.
It's ok to go hard towards the hoop for a rebound.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's ok to go hard towards the hoop for a rebound.

What do you mean? The shot I was referring to, he drove, was out of control at the end, threw up an off balance floater, and it went in. The latter point doesn't absolve the former.

Reaction Score

Holy cow - efficient? How about invisible! can he please box someone out?

Reaction Score
The guy ahead of him on the depth chart is injured?
He was a 6th man at an A10 bottom feeder. He simply isn’t that good. On a really good team he’s a 3-5 minute guy at this level

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He was a 6th man at an A10 bottom feeder. He simply isn’t that good. On a really good team he’s a 3-5 minute guy at this level

So who would you play ahead of him now?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Every time Whaley gets his 1 minute of PT something positive happens. Cobb was an unmitigated disaster today and a day like today where Polley ‘s shot is off he’s useless. Gotta let the Whale light the lamp.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
And every time he gets more than that?

Whaley performs well in the little amount of time he gets. I don't think it's reasonable to assume it is necessarily something you can extrapolate into something more.

The same was said when Cobb was glued to the bench earlier this year. For some reason, we always have to hype up the guys who don’t play without regards to their actual ability.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom