Report Card vs St. Michael's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Report Card vs St. Michael's

Reaction Score
VS St. Michaels: C+
  • Gave up way too many threes.
  • Was out rebounded in the first half.
  • Gilbert and Vital out of control driving to the hoop still into their senior year.
  • Whalley came on in the second half.
  • Akok Akok still underweight for what he's going to face in D-1. Has good instincts for going after the ball. Will get better as season progresses but until he can put on some weight in the off season he's going to get thrown around.
  • Carlton has added weight but looked a half step too slow at times. That could change as he gets into the season.
  • No Boukright so hard to judge what you have with the guard rotation.
  • Good to see them score over 100 points but against a D-II squad polled to end up at the bottom of their league they should have been able to keep them to 50 pts or less. D needs work.

Reaction Score
Even though he had some defensive lapses, Akok struck me as much further along than I expected. He has more work to do, and I'm sure there will be growing pains against real comp, but he was the only player that was painfully obviously on a different physical level (size and athleticism) than St Michael's.

Definitely strikes me as the likely next NBA draft pick for us.
Two things about Akok - he sure is thin. I am afraid he will get pushed around at the 4.

And, he sure reminds me of Ajou Ajou Deng. Anyone agree?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom