Report Card vs St Bonaventure | The Boneyard

Report Card vs St Bonaventure

Reaction Score
R. Cole- 9.0: Where would we be without him. As Hurley put it, he’s our man!
A. Jackson- 7.5: has become increasingly aggressive on both boards as the season has progressed. Arguably his best game yet. Finding his do’s and don’ts on offense.
A. Akok- 7.5: Slowly but surely, we’re seeing him climb back to his 100% self. People must be forgetting how good of a shot blocker he once was if they think he’s all the way back. He still has a little ways to go, but it’s apparent, he’s going to get there.
I. Whaley- 7.5: Obsessed with his on screen defense. We’ll never see anything like it again. Fouls kept him from having a great great game.
J. Gaffney- 7.0: he’s repeatedly gotten us out of offensive lulls when we’ve needed it the most. Needs to get back to knocking down his 3s.
T. Polley- 7.0: Still on the cold side. That dagger 3 sure felt spicy though.
J. Hawkins- 7.0: the reason why we didn’t pull away in the first half, and the reason why we pulled away in the 2nd. He needs to put R.J Cole on his Xmas list for keeping the game in hand.

Player of the Match- R. Cole: First time I’ve found myself saying “LEAGUE THIS KID”
Notes- I was part of the “this is a must win game” crowd. Can’t go into a whole week break with 2 game losing juju.
-Hurley coached a fantastic game

Reaction Score
Needed a Quad One win-- Got it. Progress on closing games out.. Other than the obvious contributors. The roommates-JG/AA --Played very well ..AA starting to show some bounce-shot blocking.. JG had a solid floor game.

All good for March

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Very odd. This one of Cole's worst games and the Huskies pulled away in the second half while he was on the bench. Shooting was off and didn't do anything else really well to offset that.

Player of the match isn't even close. It was Akok by a mile. Hitting 3's and shooting efficiently all game. Massive disrupter around the rim on defense.

Reaction Score
Solidly coached game. Timeouts at the appropriate time, and we had some good play calls late. Substitutions were solid. Left Hawkins in until he got off his hot streak, and minimized coles sitting

This could have gone either way late and Hurley decided to play chess. I've been critical before... so I think I should be willing to praise him when it's earned.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What am I missing? i did not think Cole was very good in the 2nd half. UCONN went on their run when he was out and Gaffney and Hawkins were in. No idea why Hurley stopped the momentum by taking Gaffney out and putting Cole back in, but that was when SBU clawed their way back into the game cutting the lead to 5.

I also thought Jackson and Akok were good too...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very odd. This one of Cole's worst games and the Huskies pulled away in the second half while he was on the bench. Shooting was off and didn't do anything else really well to offset that.

Player of the match isn't even close. It was Akok by a mile. Hitting 3's and shooting efficiently all game. Massive disrupter around the rim on defense.
Huh? He drove the ball to the basket and scored or got fouled. He made some tough baskets keeping them in the game until we pulled away in the second half.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Huh? He drove the ball to the basket and scored or got fouled. He made some tough baskets keeping them in the game until we pulled away in the second half.
5-15 for the game. 1-7 from 3. 4-6 from the line.

UConn pulled away while he was on bench.

Cole has been much better than I expected this year and I've admitted to eating some crow. Tonight wasn't one of his better performances.

Reaction Score

Cole has been much better than I expected this year and I've admitted to eating some crow. Tonight wasn't one of his better performances.
I didn't say he was the best but he was keeping us in there. It didn't look like his worst as 3 of those 10 missed shots came from the line. You said he didn't do anything good in the game and I said he he did. 3 Pt. shooting was off so he was 4-8 going to the basket and 3 of those misses he shot free throws. I call that being pretty efficient in scoring one way or another FT Line. He was also our leading scorer with 15 points too.

Reaction Score
Cole was huge. The shooting splits don’t do his performance justice - he had to force so many at the end of the clock.

Akok and Jackson were equal though, definitely better than 7.5

Whaley’s hedging is a highlight of every game, fully agree on that.

#thereturnofdaggertreyty

Reaction Score
What am I missing? i did not think Cole was very good in the 2nd half. UCONN went on their run when he was out and Gaffney and Hawkins were in. No idea why Hurley stopped the momentum by taking Gaffney out and putting Cole back in, but that was when SBU clawed their way back into the game cutting the lead to 5.

I also thought Jackson and Akok were good too...
He absolutely had to put Cole back in. He's by far our best player, our only point guard, our shotmaker, and our best perimeter on ball defender.

Reaction Score
RJ was off from 3 but the drives where he got to the line were key. No one else was going to get that and it kept us from having empty possessions.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
this is the second game, to my recall, that i thought he was showing up with an 'el stinko' game, not really here or there, but showing up -always.
taking the charge, stealing/pestering the ball, grabbing a board, missing shots but getting free throws. they won both games going away, he put up his averages, and, clearly, they were not el stinko results.
toss in his 'now left in close games at the end' running mate, and we got a little batman and robin thing going on. hot dang.

Reaction Score

And yet I shudder - and you should too - at the thought of what would happen if he ever had to miss extended time.

Reaction Score
Aside from the Cole comments.. Whaley was on the bench with two fouls/three fouls for a decent part of the first half and beginning of the second half. The depth --without AS/TM ..and Cole and Whaley on the bench --was actually impressive. They hung in there as a team and beat a Tournament team for a Quad One victory..

I'll take it.. Agree with other posters.. Thought DH managed the game very well

Reaction Score
I don't want to dampen everyone's enthusiasm, but this was a Quad 2 win. SBU's NET at game time was 66, played on a neutral court.
1639274075974.png

Still, it was a very good, very important win.

Reaction Score
I don't want to dampen everyone's enthusiasm, but this was a Quad 2 win. SBU's NET at game time was 66, played on a neutral court.
View attachment 71778
Still, it was a very good, very important win.
Yes but the NET is a static metric and I'd be shocked if they're not top 50 by the end of the season. They're a really good team and should dominate the A10

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom