Report Card vs SMU | The Boneyard

Report Card vs SMU

Reaction Score
T. Polley 7.0- Good game. 3pt confidence keeps growing. Credit to Hurley for encouraging Tyler to get his shot attempts up despite the inconsistencies.
A. Gilbert 6.0- Very encouraging performance. I could care less if his balls went in or not. This was therapeutic for everyone.
S. Wilson 5.5- Truly tragic every time Sid chooses to take the jumper at the top of the key. Until his shot gets better, it needs to be a drive to the rim no short of EVERY SINGLE TIME.
C. Vital 5.5- Stick to your strengths CV. 3s and defense. Oh and make sure you come back next year too.
I. Whaley 5.5- 4 minutes 4pts/2ORB. I get the feeling I'm not allowed to talk about him . . .
J. Carlton 3.5- Minimal contribution on defense, and nothing on offense. Again, make a pass when your tripple team'd bro.
E. Cobb 3.5- Minimal contribution on offense, and absolutely NOTHING on defense.
B. Adams 3.5- Provided no help-defense throughout the game. Unless his guy had the ball, he wanted nothing to do with the play. The kid makes it hard to root for him, still am though. Just hoping it's a case of the "he's not ready yet".
T. Smith 3.0- 1 pt, 0 assists. Do you guys remember Sterling Gibbs? I liked Sterling Gibbs. I miss Sterling Gibbs.

No Bueno game. No bueno.
Still haven't gotten a good explanation on why M. Diarra isn't getting any playing time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gilbert at a six is a little high. I wasn't very encouraged. He was protecting that shoulder all game and it killed us on defense. I completely understand the hesitation in his first game back and it will all probably be fine, but he looked like he was at 50-60%

Reaction Score
The Diarra thing makes no sense. Unless, of course, he suffered a setback. But no word on that front is befuddling.
Maybe not playing Diarra so he can redshirt (again?), hopefully we get clarity on his status going forward at seasons end. He seems to be only possible "banger" on the roster but maybe he's just shot.

As for last night, AG being on the floor & Polley offense only positives........................everybody else epic fail.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Maybe not playing Diarra so he can redshirt (again?), hopefully we get clarity on his status going forward at seasons end. He seems to be only possible "banger" on the roster but maybe he's just shot.

As for last night, AG being on the floor & Polley offense only positives....everybody else epic fail.
I don't see really a logical reason to preserve Diarra again. He's not going to stay here 6 years. He can graduate in 15 months, and unfortunately I dont think he has a future in basketball. Too bad because he could've been a high end player with health and proper coaching.

Reaction Score
I don't see really a logical reason to preserve Diarra again. He's not going to stay here 6 years. He can graduate in 15 months, and unfortunately I dont think he has a future in basketball. Too bad because he could've been a high end player with health and proper coaching.
I suspect as well then so I hope we don't have use a scholarship on him next year if he can't play again. I hope there is way for him to graduate on UConn's dime without using a schollie................probably not though so we'll only have 11 scholarship available next year I guess.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Polley, like most of the team, got absolutely smoked on defense - you don't get anything above a 5.0 if you don't play D
No one, including DH, deserves anything above a 3 for last night (maybe AG being his 1st game back)
Yes Tyler Phommachanh hit some 3's and that was a positive but isn't he considered to be "one of the best in America" shooters?? That's his forte so rewarding him in doing so, when he does it, is kind of weird.
Why? Why? Why? does this team come out of the half time locker room as flat as hell almost every game?
Has DH addressed this at all? or is he dressing them down so much that they are shell shocked or disheveled? Why hasn't anyone asked him about this?
What an embarrassment last night proved to be, to me, except for JA's injury, it was the lowest point of the season
Bright side...... it can only go up from here......one hopes
Can't wait to see the 1999 Huskies on Sunday!!!!!!
Wouldn't it be great to play really well vs Cinci and pull off an upset - In a strange way I can almost see that happening....

Reaction Score
We need another big to go with Carlton next year but it’s the Carlton of last night then we need 2 new bigs next year.

Reaction Score
You answered you own question. Basketball is most likely not in Diarra's future.
The Diarra thing makes no sense. Unless, of course, he suffered a setback. But no word on that front is befuddling.

Reaction Score
Cobb led the team is rebounds, assists, missed layups and defensive atrocities.

C

Chief00

I honestly don’t get the evaluations of Diarra. Granted it’s tough to sort out what he would do uninjured since he has always been injuried. It’s tough to consistently be a live body on the boards with bad knees. On the offensive side, he just lacks skills.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Worst game in a generation. For a school with "smart people" at the helm, the coaching in football and men's hoops has been terrible. JC stuck the knife in by forcing UCONN to hire KO, and KO just killed us. And I love them both! That makes it hurt more...

Reaction Score
Worst game in a generation. For a school with "smart people" at the helm, the coaching in football and men's hoops has been terrible. JC stuck the knife in by forcing UCONN to hire KO, and KO just killed us. And I love them both! That makes it hurt more...
lol it was not the worst game in a generation. did you miss the last two seasons?

Reaction Score
lol it was not the worst game in a generation. did you miss the last two seasons?

Truth

61C7E5B1-367C-4AB1-96AF-180C4966E98E.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom