Report Card vs SMU | The Boneyard

Report Card vs SMU

Reaction Score
A. Gilbert- 8.5 Back on track to becoming the future of this program, both offensively and defensively.
J. Adams- 8.0 HELLLLLLLO ADAMS (hadn't seen him in a while). Had the play of the game with a 3pt shot that killed any SMU momentum: what Hurley's been begging for.
S. Wilson- 7.5 Along with the 3 blocks he altered several shots near the basket. Best defensive performance of the game by far. Unlike many people, I'm okay with his slim frame, allows him to be a quick jumper. Now let's find him a home on offense.
C. Vital- 7.5 Another great complete game. He's finally learning how to drive to the basket on fast breaks. Starting to see some consistency out of CV; it's imperative Hurley makes sure he's back next year
J. Carlton- 6.5 First time Carlton showed up against decent competition. Still lots to clean up. I mean lots.
T. Smith- 6.0 Played his role well. Still struggling from the FT line.
I. Whaley- 6.0 Would have liked to see him get more minutes, showed good energy in the little time he had. That airball though :/
T. Polley- 5.5 Beat too many times on defense, especially on the boards.
E. Cobb- 3.0 Not his matchup today. Still can't believe he hit that 3pt'er against Syracuse <3

D. Hurley- Timeouts were used more appropriately today than against USF. Got his players to play all 40 minutes.
Player of the Match- A. Gilbert
Flop of the Match- D. Hurley
Halftime beverage of the match- Whatever the Zebras were sipping

Reaction Score
What I loved was Gilbert drawing fouls in the first half. It's amazing how efficient your offense can be when your penetrators draw fouls instead of throwing up tough shots or turning the ball over. He had at least 6 FTAs in the first half. There was one play specifically where he totally 100% created the contact, but he was in an advantageous position so he got the call. 2 points the easy way (well, easy after he got up from the hard fall which scared the daylights out of me).

Reaction Score
What I loved was Gilbert drawing fouls in the first half. It's amazing how efficient your offense can be when your penetrators draw fouls instead of throwing up tough shots or turning the ball over. He had at least 6 FTAs in the first half. There was one play specifically where he totally 100% created the contact, but he was in an advantageous position so he got the call. 2 points the easy way (well, easy after he got up from the hard fall which scared the daylights out of me).
Gilbert is a tough dude. it's gotta be hard to stand in and take those charges or go hard to the basket after all the injuries.

Reaction Score
I liked the rotations for tonight and Sid Wilson stepped up like seeing that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Report Card for Report Card: 7.5 - Best one yet. Everyone's making forward progress tonight.

Scores were pretty spot-on. Plus, you reminded me of the Hurley-Polley collision which made me LOL

Looking forward to @August_West's in-depth breakdown.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Report Card for Report Card: 7.5 - Best one yet. Everyone's making forward progress tonight.

Scores were pretty spot-on. Plus, you reminded me of the Hurley-Polley collision which made me LOL

That’s trademark infringement bruh.

Reaction Score
Been dealing with some personal issues that has my mind on other things so missed everything except for the last minute. Saw Jalen hit the 2 FT's. Will this game have a replay on tv or the internet anywhere?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Carlton may have played better offensively as far as being active but being the biggest guy on the court he was continually beat on the boards - ridiculous
Smith showed up after so long being a complete non factor
Polley - at least he hit some shots which positive but took another step back on D - had some nice boards
I thought Whalley was playing with energy but his rustiness is so apparent
Hurley coached his 2nd best game - made decisions I expect from him - hopefully he will continue on this course and liked his temperament with the refs - had many opportunities to blow his top but was under control
JA was fine today -he was getting beat-up but played within himself - didn't force a lot and except for a 4 minute span where he had a bad matchup on D and beaten badly on 3-4 plays he played some solid D
E Cobb - the extreme enigma

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He didn't use the "TM" on his post. Am I safe if it gets taken to court?

I however DO use a trademark and have exclusive rights to branded blog reviews on the boneyard.

You may speak with my shark on retainer.

Paging @8893, we have a case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom