Report Card vs Sacred Heart | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Sacred Heart

Reaction Score
Daignault must have been watching the ESPN3 feed and missed most of the first half, then just made stuff up. Go to the play by play. He had 3 TO's all in the first half. The tech was just the refs doing something, after a very minor kerfuffle that was started by the SHU guy after Vital stole the ball the other SHU guy tried to bounce off his foot.
Agreed that the tech was ridiculous - absolutely should have been a no call. I only included Ed's tweet as an example, all the beat guys had Vital with 4 first-half TOs. Not sure why the PbP reads differently.

My overall point is that Vital did so much else in this game (SEVEN steals!) that you can live with the TOs. A classic Vital game if there ever was one

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Foul trouble is what cost Whaley in this game. I'm not giving up on his improvement just yet.

Reaction Score
I hope Carlton becomes the double double guy we've been needing for YEARS. He is coming leaps and bounds for this team. All I thought to myself last night was give the ball to Carlton and led him figure it out because he has what it takes to post up big guys and score at will. There were a couple of instances where he tried doing putbacks when he should've caught the ball, land, and then go up again, but it's all learning for him. Can't wait for the ensuing games for him
I have no real basis for saying this, but Josh strikes me as a very coachable kid who learns. I think he can develop some skills on the low block.

If he can then put together a set shot from the elbow, watch out

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yes, by the first or second post someone took your subtle but everyone gets it joke and just blatantly posted it
There was no "subtle". It was an honest post stating he had my attention all night. He has the same first and last name. :(

Reaction Score
vs Sacred Heart: B-
  • You can only muster a 3 point lead at half time vs the Pioneers?
  • Your second leading rebounder for the game is a guard?
  • You get out rebounded for the game vs anybody?
  • Your starting point guard can only manage 6 points for the game
  • Polley embarrassed himself with that dunk attempt
Booooooooo!! Clean it up gents

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I thought IW got a little hosed on the foul calls.
Carlton needs an offensive mean streak. He's a little too cute around the basket when an angry stuff is required. He did look very good, just needs to add an element of nastiness.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
vs Sacred Heart: B-
  • You can only muster a 3 point lead at half time vs the Pioneers?
  • Your second leading rebounder for the game is a guard?
  • You get out rebounded for the game vs anybody?
  • Your starting point guard can only manage 6 points for the game
  • Polley embarrassed himself with that dunk attempt
Booooooooo!! Clean it up gents
And guess where this fan came from? You do realize there is a lot of cleanup in aisle football that doesn't need to find it's way here.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I thought IW got a little hosed on the foul calls.
Carlton needs an offensive mean streak. He's a little too cute around the basket when an angry stuff is required. He did look very good, just needs to add an element of nastiness.
Loved his block and reaction. It was nasty in a great way.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Loved his block and reaction. It was nasty in a great way.
I agree there, but I want to see it on the other end of the court. I was very happy with his D.

Reaction Score
And guess where this fan came from? You do realize there is a lot of cleanup in aisle football that doesn't need to find it's way here.
Who died and made you hall monitor? I've been a UConn fan longer than you've probably been alive. Both football and basketball. So go wipe your snotty attitude on your sleeve whipper snapper.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Who died and made you hall monitor? I've been a UConn fan longer than you've probably been alive. Both football and basketball. So go wipe your snotty attitude on your sleeve whipper snapper.
It's been a long time since anyone called me a whipper snapper. That's why I gave you a like.

At least I understand the rational for the large font.

Thought you were trolling given you hardly post here.

Reaction Score
I don't post a lot and I like this font and size. I was around when folks were questioning the Calhoun hire and why UConn didn't go for a "name". How Skip Holtz was going to be the one to lead us into Div-1. And.... how some Philly guy took a women's basketball team that could barely get a couple hundred people to attend their games all the way to legendary status.

I remember the old days. When I was stationed at Ft. Knox and looked for any "Connecticut" scores in the back of the sports page under the East section. Most of the time Connecticut was on the losing side of the score but I'd take pride and have a smile when I saw the Huskies on the winning side.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Way overrated Vital. Sid and Carlton were certainly better. Vital was terrible in the first half, taking bad shots, getting stupid Ts.
Love the superlatives
WAY overrated yet was named game MVP
The technical was one and wasn't deserving so Ts is incorrect
6/9 from the field 3/5 from 3 isn't an indicator of taking bad shots
I think Sid deserved a higher rating and Carlton wasn't consistent overall either but as CV, had an overall good game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom