Report Card vs Morehead State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Morehead State

Reaction Score
I disagree. Jalen in an uptempo offense is deadly. His effeciency will soar as will his impact. 16 points in 22 minutes doesn’t look like a guy that will struggle to me. He and the rest of the team for that matter just need to work on playing pressure defense without fouling

I'm really thinking about defense and half court sets. He's obviously elite on the break for any team in the country. Has been for years

Reaction Score
Jalen will be a major positive this year, but je is definitely not the kind of kid that hurley will prioritize recruiting. Jalen is in a weird position--this defense doesn't play to his strengths at all. Offense either. He will need more time to adapt to his role than others with a more natural spot in this system.

Hurley is changing the system and creating an identity, he won't change if to showcase Jalen. Gonna be a challenging year for him

Jalen's strength is driving to the hole or pulling up and shooting less than 50% (career 46%) from 2 and not drawing fouls.

Barely a strength, more of an above average.

Reaction Score
Jalen's strength is driving to the hole or pulling up and shooting less than 50% (career 46%) from 2 and not drawing fouls.

Barely a strength, more of an above average.

I don't know the exact numbers but his transition PPP and spot up 3s PPP are probably very good. Maybe even long 2s.

Half court drives, off the dribble 3s, are definitely where he struggles.

Reaction Score
I don't know the exact numbers but his transition PPP and spot up 3s PPP are probably very good. Maybe even long 2s.

Half court drives, off the dribble 3s, are definitely where he struggles.
I agree with you. He seems to move the whole game in a way that when he’s not in, it’s missed.

Reaction Score
If they convert that alley late in the game win by 20 not 10, vital was vital highs and lows as usual. AG had a really good first half. He’s gonna be a special player. Tarin smith was a pleasant surprise(and he has some hops!) , b Adams was quiet. Jalen was decent , Carlton looked good and so did his footwork, Whaley had a really good first half till the injury All in all I already see the difference last year, that game is a nail biter to very end

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
The offense looked 100x better then any game last year. The defense will improve as the season progresses. This team showed clear improvements from last year and that’s all I can ask for in the first game. Very pleased, and boy am I ready for cuse next Thursday

Reaction Score
Carlton looked real good to me. 17 and 8 from a Soph Center is a beautiful thing.
Carlton was outstanding but he was playing against much smaller opponents. We have see what he can do against players his size. He along with Polley look like they have added some bulk and muscle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Got beat one too many times on Defense for us
Hurley nailed it when he said they relax with the lead. That's a bad habit from prior seasons that they need to break sooner rather than later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom