Report Card vs Memphis | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Memphis

Reaction Score
S. Wilson 8.0- Coming out party for Mr. Wilson. Loved his efforts to put the ball on the floor and get to the rim. Also very active on the boards, sometimes causing just deflections that turned into offensive rebounds for others.
T. Polley 6.5- Great shooting. Still too weak everywhere else, especially on defense (Even his intentional fouls are made out of sugar).
C. Vital 6.0- I don't care who's missing, stick to your strengths CV. Handles are not one of them. (Interesting to see if he can improve them over the summer, but I don't think so?)
T. Smith 6.0- "Be better than the GAP"- Ryan Gosling in Crazy Stupid Love. Just be better.
E. Cobb 5.0- I've never seen someone's passing be so hit or miss. Also, fantastic boxout with the game on the line.
J. Carlton 4.5- zzzzzZZZZZzzZZZZZzzzz. Didn't help that the refs had it out for him.
B. Adams 2.5- Next year kid. I along with Hurley have a lot of faith in him and his shot. They're simply not falling this year, and I think it's going to take a summer maybe even 2 before we see some productivity here. But productivity there will be. Don't let me down.

Zebras- Idk what to say about these guys. . . it seems they were on our side the first half, and then the 2nd half, they turned 10x worse against us.
Half cup full comment of the day- I'm loving the passion, the efforts, and the coaching from this team. The culture is changing right before our very eyes. I can't wait for this rematch next year when we've reloaded.

Reaction Score
I find it hard to be critical of this team or any players anymore this year, effort is there but we don't have the dogs to win right now. All that matters is getting minutes & confidence into Sid, Polley, Carlton & B Adams. Those 4 plus CV & AG are the only ones on the roster that have a future with UConn & Hurley.

I really hope that 6 of the 12 scholarship players next year are completely new & that Brendan Adams is #12 on the depth chart...........I have a feeling Hurley would like that as well.

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Adams has looked really bad. I’m not sure you can expect anything from him as a sophomore because he’s barely shown anything. Hopefully he can squeeze a couple more games out of the remainder of the season

Reaction Score
Everyone seems optimistic about BA, but I have just not seen anything that promises he will be a contributor at UConn. Obviously Hurley is high on him for good reason, I was just hoping he would take advantage of the pt with JA and AG down, but he seems to be downward spiraling.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice the no foul calls at the end with Memphis up 7. Seemed to me like multiple Connecticut players tried to foul. Meaningless to the game obviously, but not the spread. It was anywhere from -6.5 to -7.5. Seeing this more and more this season.

Didn’t expect UConn to play with that much tenacity and grit. Hopefully they can continue it against a strong Houston team.

Reaction Score
Re: B. Adams... he has to get into the gym and dedicate himself to becoming a better shooter and improving his handle. It will take a lot of time in the off season. It can be done. Persistent hard work is the key. Same could be said for Sid W. also.

Reaction Score
RE: Cobb. 8, 11 & 4 deserves more than a 5. Most of his passes were hits, at least the ones with effort when he's dealin. But yes he loses a point for getting pick pocketed, a point for that one lazy pass and a point for playing volleyball on the offensive boards. So I'd say 7.0.

Polley deserves an 8.0 for his shot making, attacking the rim and overall aggressiveness. I even saw him draw a foul on a drive. He got 6 rebounds! That's unprecedented for him.

Reaction Score
RE: Cobb. 8, 11 & 4 deserves more than a 5. Most of his passes were hits, at least the ones with effort when he's dealin. But yes he loses a point for getting pick pocketed, a point for that one lazy pass and a point for playing volleyball on the offensive boards. So I'd say 7.0.

Polley deserves an 8.0 for his shot making, attacking the rim and overall aggressiveness. I even saw him draw a foul on a drive. He got 6 rebounds! That's unprecedented for him.
You do realize that Cobb completely killed all possibilities of winning that game. Terrible pass to nobody right in front of Hurley. Then, doesn’t box out on the opposite end and allows the put back thunder slam to seal it. He shows flashes of some unreal play, but he can’t string more than 1 good play together at a time.

So many missed bunnies, and put backs, and out of control post moves and arghhhhhhhh

Reaction Score
Everyone seems optimistic about BA, but I have just not seen anything that promises he will be a contributor at UConn. Obviously Hurley is high on him for good reason, I was just hoping he would take advantage of the pt with JA and AG down, but he seems to be downward spiraling.

Yeah, he really hasn't shown many flashes. He is big, seems athletic and his shot is absolutely gorgeous in warmups. He barely ever misses. He has reputation as the hardest worker on the team but you would think he would have had at least 1 or 2 breakout games we he hits a couple big shots.

Reaction Score
You do realize that Cobb completely killed all possibilities of winning that game. Terrible pass to nobody right in front of Hurley. Then, doesn’t box out on the opposite end and allows the put back thunder slam to seal it. He shows flashes of some unreal play, but he can’t string more than 1 good play together at a time.

So many missed bunnies, and put backs, and out of control post moves and arghhhhhhhh

Vital's 4-14 shooting and 7 turnovers made it impossible to win. This was a game were he was suppose to be the lead dog. He has to be a better player and example when that is the case.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
Vital's 4-14 shooting and 7 turnovers made it impossible to win. This was a game were he was suppose to be the lead dog. He has to be a better player and example when that is the case.

Well what else did Memphis have to gameplan for? Just stop Vital and they would win.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Adams has looked really bad. I’m not sure you can expect anything from him as a sophomore because he’s barely shown anything. Hopefully he can squeeze a couple more games out of the remainder of the season

I think we all hoped that Hurley saw something in the kid that would lead to him being a diamond in the rough, but I think the reality is that Hurley knows he's going to need some 4-year players that can come in and spell his starters, play solid defense, and not turn the ball over. I'm sure Adams will improve over his four-years here (if he stays) but I don't expect him to ever have much of an impact other than what I wrote in the previous sentence.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I watched the same game as you. The difference is that I never expected them to win that game. Meh, you act like he was playing over Emeka Okafor. In terms of that pass, do you realize that Polley was coming to Cobb way out away from the basket? What sounds odd to you about that situation? Oh yeah, there were no guards to be found anywhere. What does the fact that it was right in front of Hurley have to do with anything? I didn't watch closely, but did Polley open up to the pass? When others box out properly, I will get down on Cobb for not doing it. When others grab an O-bound and slam it back, I will get down on Cobb for tapping it back twice in a row. When others do an aggressive post move, I will get down on Cobb for dropping his shoulder a little too much. Our front court sucks, but at least he tries to do what others that get more time than him won't. Please, no 5.0.

Reaction Score

Good point re Cobb playing volleyball. That happened twice within the last 5 minutes when a hoop or foul (or both) would have really helped the cause.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom