Report Card vs Grambling | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Grambling

Reaction Score
A. Akok- 8.5: Love to see it. He's been half a step slow throughout the start of this season, saw no signs of that today.
J. Hawkins- 8.5: He does so many good things for us. Between his passing, and his presence on the offensive glass, I need him on the floor 20+ minutes every game. Had a couple poor fouls on defense that can be easily cleaned up, I'm tossing it up to his bum ankle that's clearly still bothering him.
R. Cole- 8.0: The maestro! 7 assists. And he drew fouls a la James Harden, could prove useful against the likes of Watson from Providence ect... He was off on his 3 ball, but they were all good shots; not worried about it.
I. Whaley- 8.0: So effective on the boards. A disruptor in every sense of the word. You could argue he's more valuable to our team than Sanogo? Close call, glad we have both.
S. Johnson- 7.5: Surprisingly sound game. Found himself in the right spots most of the time, and how about that trey?!
T. Polley- 7.5: Brought the offense, forgot the defense at home. Couldn't D up without fouling. He had fixed this part of his game, so was disappointed to see old habits. It's going to determine his minutes, and possibly our season! His 3 ball is invaluable to us.
J. Gaffney- 7.0: Had some great drives, nice to see some of those finally go in.
A. Jackson- 7.0: Fantastic start to the game. That big miss on the 3 took some wind out of his sails, but finished strong. Again, we welcome the 6 rebounds. Sidenote, answer me this guys, he's one of our best passers on the team, so why does he turn the ball over twice a game like he's the blind chick from Kill Bill after her eyes are gouged out by Beatrix Kiddo in the trailer?
R. Diggins- 6.5: Love his offensive mind, but he's not quite ready to defend college athletes. He'll get there, and the UConn fanbase can't wait for it.

Player of the Match- Akok Akok: So good they named him twice. Man we love this kid.
Game Notes: -Inject Jordan Hawkins into my veins, arteries, and nerves.
-Beautiful crowd.
-Who the hell called this game.
-Hurley is our Savior.
-Yay we're back to winning the natty again.

Over and out
RC

Reaction Score
I liked both Diggins and Johnson. Diggins had a gorgeous assist to Johnson and made a solid 3 pointer. Twice he sensed a double team trap about to close in on him and got rid of the ball perfectly, (1 was the long bounce pass assist to Johnson). He showed an inclination to throw up the alley oop assist twice and was just a tad high each time. I think our athletes should be getting a greater number of opportunities for this from the guards and see these attempts in a positive light. He fouled the corner jump shot and as far as I remember only had 1 dribbler get by him and that led to nothing for Grambling. Johnson hit the three which he is capable of, and, finished at the rim which should be expected. There were a couple of indecisive moments, but he also looked just fine to me.

Hurley's hand has been forced to play these guys, and once again it's going to be a head scratcher as to why he is so reluctant to go deep in his bench when other guys are having an off game. The big benefit to us may be that Hurley gains confidence in these guys, more so than even them getting game experience.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Diggins rated too low and Jackson way too high
Jackson brings very little offensively and gets burned defensively
I thought Polley played a good game
Johnson is going to be a good one
Akok still needs a lot of work
I don't care who is on the court as long as Whaley is out there - need him for rebounding because Sanogo hasn't considered it part of his MO lately
Team still misses Tyrese
Hawkins will get better and better and more comfortable
Gaff is Gaff - flashes of brilliance with lot's of head scratching play
DH had some freakish lineups with little scoring potential - had Sool hanging out in the corner with Gaff dribbling east and west and never used Sool - the kid can shoot and create
West Virginia will prove to be a huge physical challenge and playing Akok at the 4 isn't going to be pretty
UConn did what it needed it to do to win today - helped that #1 had to sit the second half - how could that kid be open so many times?
The fun starts now.................................

Reaction Score
Diggins rated too low and Jackson way too high
Jackson brings very little offensively and gets burned defensively
I thought Polley played a good game
Johnson is going to be a good one
Akok still needs a lot of work
I don't care who is on the court as long as Whaley is out there - need him for rebounding because Sanogo hasn't considered it part of his MO lately
Team still misses Tyrese
Hawkins will get better and better and more comfortable
Gaff is Gaff - flashes of brilliance with lot's of head scratching play
DH had some freakish lineups with little scoring potential - had Sool hanging out in the corner with Gaff dribbling east and west and never used Sool - the kid can shoot and create
West Virginia will prove to be a huge physical challenge and playing Akok at the 4 isn't going to be pretty
UConn did what it needed it to do to win today - helped that #1 had to sit the second half - how could that kid be open so many times?
The fun starts now.................................
You are such a blow hard.

Reaction Score
I liked both Diggins and Johnson. Diggins had a gorgeous assist to Johnson and made a solid 3 pointer. Twice he sensed a double team trap about to close in on him and got rid of the ball perfectly, (1 was the long bounce pass assist to Johnson). He showed an inclination to throw up the alley oop assist twice and was just a tad high each time. I think our athletes should be getting a greater number of opportunities for this from the guards and see these attempts in a positive light. He fouled the corner jump shot and as far as I remember only had 1 dribbler get by him and that led to nothing for Grambling. Johnson hit the three which he is capable of, and, finished at the rim which should be expected. There were a couple of indecisive moments, but he also looked just fine to me.

Hurley's hand has been forced to play these guys, and once again it's going to be a head scratcher as to why he is so reluctant to go deep in his bench when other guys are having an off game. The big benefit to us may be that Hurley gains confidence in these guys, more so than even them getting game experience.
Agreed, it's going to be great to get them experience these next few weeks. But I don't expect it to last once Martin and Sanogo are back. It'll still be great to have them ready for any injuries later in the season though

Reaction Score
WHALEY NEEDS TO BE ON THE FLOOR WITHOUT SANOGO.

When Sanogo returns he needs to keep them separate. This is beyond obvious
Im starting to believe that also but to do that Akok has to step up.

Reaction Score
A. Akok- 8.5: Love to see it. He's been half a step slow throughout the start of this season, saw no signs of that today.
J. Hawkins- 8.5: He does so many good things for us. Between his passing, and his presence on the offensive glass, I need him on the floor 20+ minutes every game. Had a couple poor fouls on defense that can be easily cleaned up, I'm tossing it up to his bum ankle that's clearly still bothering him.
R. Cole- 8.0: The maestro! 7 assists. And he drew fouls a la James Harden, could prove useful against the likes of Watson from Providence ect... He was off on his 3 ball, but they were all good shots; not worried about it.
I. Whaley- 8.0: So effective on the boards. A disruptor in every sense of the word. You could argue he's more valuable to our team than Sanogo? Close call, glad we have both.
S. Johnson- 7.5: Surprisingly sound game. Found himself in the right spots most of the time, and how about that trey?!
T. Polley- 7.5: Brought the offense, forgot the defense at home. Couldn't D up without fouling. He had fixed this part of his game, so was disappointed to see old habits. It's going to determine his minutes, and possibly our season! His 3 ball is invaluable to us.
J. Gaffney- 7.0: Had some great drives, nice to see some of those finally go in.
A. Jackson- 7.0: Fantastic start to the game. That big miss on the 3 took some wind out of his sails, but finished strong. Again, we welcome the 6 rebounds. Sidenote, answer me this guys, he's one of our best passers on the team, so why does he turn the ball over twice a game like he's the blind chick from Kill Bill after her eyes are gouged out by Beatrix Kiddo in the trailer?
R. Diggins- 6.5: Love his offensive mind, but he's not quite ready to defend college athletes. He'll get there, and the UConn fanbase can't wait for it.

Player of the Match- Akok Akok: So good they named him twice. Man we love this kid.
Game Notes: -Inject Jordan Hawkins into my veins, arteries, and nerves.
-Beautiful crowd.
-Who the hell called this game.
-Hurley is our Savior.
-Yay we're back to winning the natty again.

Over and out
RC
…because AJ tries to thread the needle too much at times. Let him keep doing what he’s doing, he gets down the court so fast and is an enthusiastic rebounder. Any points outside of the paint is a bonus

Reaction Score
+ a gazillion. Hurley does so many things well, here’s hoping he gets better in this regard.

Really excited he’s recruited more skilled guys in the past two classes.

Reaction Score
Jackson is a defensive liability. If he can sure that up, he can help us, but he constantly gets beat off the dribble.

Rebounding great. Passing great. He will never be an offensive threat so he needs to be able to defend.

If you put his athleticism in any other players body, you have an all-conference defender. It's all mental. I think the 2-3 zone they played at his HS is coming back to haunt him. He missed 4 years of defensive development.

Reaction Score
If you put his athleticism in any other players body, you have an all-conference defender. It's all mental. I think the 2-3 zone they played at his HS is coming back to haunt him. He missed 4 years of defensive development.
He tends to gamble a lot looking for the breakaway dunk as well. His getting roasted on the back cut yesterday was a perfect example. Has happened quite a few times this season.

Reaction Score
He tends to gamble a lot looking for the breakaway dunk as well. His getting roasted on the back cut yesterday was a perfect example. Has happened quite a few times this season.

That was so bad... he was still at the 3 point line and his man had the ball through the hoop. He's an enigma. He can make such dynamic plays and then totally hose is the net possession.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom