Report Card vs Cornell | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Cornell

Reaction Score
my play of the game was kwintin williams driving to the basket getting me so hyped for him to posterize someone.. only to get fouled and sent to the line

Reaction Score
I thought CV and BA played better than a D+ and D respectively. CV had 19 with 3 steals and was energized not to mention a perfect alley-oop pass. One of his better defensive performances. BA scored 8 in his best performance since legitimate opponents during his maturation process. Harsh rulings on these two.

Reaction Score
I thought CV and BA played better than a D+ and D respectively. CV had 19 with 3 steals and was energized not to mention a perfect alley-oop pass. One of his better defensive performances. BA scored 8 in his best performance since legitimate teams. Harsh rullings on these two.
Our scores aren't meant to translate to letter grades. A 6.5 is a decent score.

Reaction Score

Letters or not, its relativity, and CV meagerly better than Yakwe, and BA the same holding up the bottom is askew. Granted the game should be graded on a curve, the evaluation of these two is quite asunder.

19 points and scored in the bottom half is quite a feat to pull off. I'd put CV at a 8.0 and BA at a 7.0.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tyler Polley is really starting to grow on me. Him and Carlton will be perfectly fine four year players.

Polley is already better in the open court and finishing than I expected. I am actually comfortable seeing him catch the ball on the wing, take a dribble and go to the rim without just plowing in to the defender for a charge and a TO.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Polley is already better in the open court and finishing than I expected. I am actually comfortable seeing him catch the ball on the wing, take a dribble and go to the rim without just plowing in to the defender for a charge and a TO.
In addition, when he sets the high pick for the guards, pick and pop is an option they aren’t using. He’s a good three point shooter, kicking it back to him was open several times.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
That 4 guard + Polley lineup is a lot of fun to watch.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
thought Polley was improved on the offense but still a huge liability on D
His height helped him vs Cornell but was beat on the floor consistantly
Carlton runs at and jumps at shooters way too much and Cobb was not very good tonite
The 4s and 5s still worry me

Reaction Score
Cobb was borderline unplayable. CV was great.

I don't like these threads very much.

Reaction Score
thought Polley was improved on the offense but still a huge liability on D
His height helped him vs Cornell but was beat on the floor consistantly
Carlton runs at and jumps at shooters way too much and Cobb was not very good tonite
The 4s and 5s still worry me
If Polley keeps improving he is our 4. Not a good matchup for Cobb as he doesn’t have the foot speed to keep up with small teams and doesn’t have the length to make up for it. Just a bad matchup for Cobb.

Reaction Score
listen folks, we had Vital pinned at a 7.0, but the fact that we're 5 games into the season and he's still taking shots/drives that he should have no business taking is discouraging. How long until the kid learns? He could truly be great.

Reaction Score
The depth with the bigs thing was a pretty good thought on Hurley's part because basically you can count on the fact that every game:

-One of them will play really well
-One will eat a few minutes, but not impact the game
-one will be the drizzling s----ts

Who plays what part changes every night, but at least they're producing something kind of reliable.

Reaction Score
You're a hard-arse teacher. CV was wayyyy better than a 6.5...at least an 8.

Tarin & Tyler 7.5, Jalen 9.0.

Everyone else's grades are about right.
If Jalen shoots better than 25% from the 3pt line tonight he gets the go ahead 9.0.
He played fantastic tonight, I think Hurley's onto something with his more "aggressive warmups".

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

That grade is way off tonight. That was perhaps the best he's ever played.

I hope you're not a school teacher.

Reaction Score
Tyler Polley is really starting to grow on me. Him and Carlton will be perfectly fine four year players.
+1 on Polley. He looked so lost in the first 2 games and I kept asking myself, does this guy have any potential or not? He is starting to show some potential. He is improving and that is a good sign.
Cobb was borderline unplayable.
I counted at least 6 times where Cobb lost his guy on the back door cuts. That is why he sat most of the game. He could not stay with his guy. Hurley had no choice but to keep benching him. Too bad. I really want to see him improve, too but tonight was a half step back for him.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
These threads are excellent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member