Report Card vs CCSU | The Boneyard

Report Card vs CCSU

Reaction Score
A. Sanogo- 9.0: Please don't get it twisted; he made it look easy thanks to his skill, not just because his opponents were poor. This is proven when comparing his stats to any of our bigs in this same game last year. His defense also looked significantly better. He scored some hooks even when doubled (which btw left Whaley wide open for an easy putback if Sanogo doinked it). "I've seen enough, he's special" -Dan Hurley. I'd say we got a pretty good glimpse of it.
Rj. Cole- 9.0: A real maestro out there. Played a sound, near perfect game. His shot looked fantastic. This kid is zoned in. Interesting dynamic to have our two best players be the PG and Center. Cole will be invaluable to us this season, absolutely irreplaceable. (Can't get a 10.0 vs CCSU, btw)
T. Martin- 9.0: Looked fantastic out there. Very very pleased here. Another year under the right system.
A. Akok- 8.5: Well hello there. Led the team in rebounds and blocks. I think he'll benefit the most from playing these first four cupcake games. It's clear he's the player we're rooting for the hardest. Love this kid, and he loves this team.
A. Jackson- 7.5: Loved the 6 rebounds and 4/5 free throws. The green light looks great on him. His defense also saw a much needed jump. And I could talk about his passing all day; from the simple ones to the no-lookers. He's going to be instrumental in Sanogo's success this year as he finds creative ways to get him the rock down low.
I. Whaley- 7.5: Yes please I'll have another. Seems to have picked up right where he left off. Now let's see that 3ball fly.
T. Polley- 7.5: Loved his iso 3ball. A wonderful role player that this team is lucky to have.
J. Gaffney- 7.0: Did his 3pt shot take another step up? Could prove very important for this team.
R. Diggins- Freshman. He's got the bag though
S. Johnson- Freshman. It's uncanny how much more comfortable these two seemed in open practice vs the bright lights. You figure the same will happen for Jordan Hawkins? Hopefully he gets back sooner than later, these early games are like gold for these young'ins.
R. Springs- Not ready just yet.

Player of The Match- A. Sanogo: When was the last time we saw a big handle himself that way wearing a UConn jersey.
Some notes- The coaches looked hot in their fits. I think the kids call it drip drip; with the best dressed going to Luke Murray imo. I thought our team just looked overall one year better, coaches included. Let's not get too too too excited, but I mean, we're going dancing this year. I thought the commentators were great. I'm a fool for not taking the spread.
Personal note- My apologies for being afk last season with my reports; I was pretty tied up in building a house with my girlfriend during the pandemic. Btw the girlfriend is a solid 7.0: she's a 10.0 in personality but a 3.5 in looks. A real dog in the face.

Over and Out
RC

Reaction Score
Personal note- My apologies for being afk last season with my reports; I was pretty tied up in building a house with my girlfriend during the pandemic. Btw the girlfriend is a solid 7.0: she's a 10.0 in personality but a 3.5 in looks. A real dog in the face.

Over and Out
RC

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think Hurley is going to go with a 10-man rotation this year. Springs, Johnson, and Floyd Jr. will be saved for next year.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think it will be 9. With Diggins being the 10th and getting some run if Cole or Gaffney are in foul trouble. Johnson could push for playing time as well. Floyd will redshirt
I agree Diggins is the 10th man.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nice work. Agree with most.

Akok and Jackson really stood out to me with their energy and ability to cover so much area quickly on both sides. Jackson and Sanogo's FT's impressed as did Sanogo's touch. He's got a gift for getting the ball to the rim softly.

Cole played very well and I really liked how Cole and Gaff meshed together in the first half.

Agree Diggins, Johnson and Springs weren't ready for the lights. At least for tonight.

I mentioned I'm still cautious about Martin as we saw his physcality overwhelm lesser opponents last year and struggling in the lane against better opponents. He was really bad with decisions while moving with the ball. Like him finishing at the rim and spotting up for 3's. Good news is if he starts to struggle this year's team has options to take his minutes.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I could see a 10 man rotation, but not every game. I think in real games 8-9 will play but who guys 7,8,9 will be matchup dependent and foul trouble. It appears Floyd will redshirt. Springs is not ready and it doesn't appear johnson is either. I think diggins just needs to get more comfortable and will play if there's foul trouble or gaff is having a bad game.

Reaction Score
I'm going to leave the report cards to everyone else. It was a very positive performance. But despite our depth and physical advantages I need to see a partner for Cole that has chemistry and can be the guy that ignites runs, makes steals and hits 3's. Not all the time but enough of the time to give good teams second thoughts about packing it in on defense. That guy may exist or may develop into the role, but he hasn't emerged yet. But overall we're going to impose ourselves on a lot of weaker teams. We just want to beat most of the good ones we have on our schedule.

Reaction Score
I don't think we can assume any rotation after one game. I will say that Cole looked trimmer, more in shape, quicker, and more ready to make an impact. That pleases me.
Looked like he improved his hops also.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't think we can assume any rotation after one game. I will say that Cole looked trimmer, more in shape, quicker, and more ready to make an impact. That pleases me.
Looked like he improved his hops also.

Whole team looked like they were in great physical condition and cardio. Kudos to the coaching staff and strength/training staff for player development over the summer.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure that's so true. It seems pretty obvious that we had 8 guys in the rotation last night. And from what we've heard, Hawkins will be in there as well. The jury is probably still out on how much Johnson and Diggins will contribute this year.

Reaction Score
Nice report, Card!

I’d also add that the Student Section should get a 9.0.

Section was packed 20min before game time, very vocal for a cupcake game, and most stayed until the end.

They also were loud during 2nd half FTs and helped make CCSU miss 2 straight, which apparently wins some # of them free wraps from Ganset. Nice promo.

Reaction Score
A week ago, a bunch of BYers had Akok outside the 8-man rotation. He looked rusty to me. He also looked drained in the second half. By the time conference play begins, he should be ready to show what he can do

Reaction Score
I think Hurley is going to go with a 10-man rotation this year. Springs, Johnson, and Floyd Jr. will be saved for next year.
Springs does not look like a kid that will ever be more than a spot minutes guy. He seemed slow and very unathletic yesterday.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Overall team judgement reserved until they face a team that can punch back. Pretty much agree with last night’s grades. Cole is one confident guy. A great quality in a point guard. A fun game to watch. Hurley’s teams keep a pretty high level of intensity that hopefully translates into lots of wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom