Report Card vs Boston University | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Boston University

Reaction Score
9.0- A. Sanogo: He's always done easy work of these little teams. Nonetheless, gah'dam! It's one thing to develop your 3 point shot in the offseason, a whole other to bring it to the game under the lights. We are lucky to have this kid. Lick me seaton hall.
8.0- A. Karaban: I keep track of positive/negative plays for each player throughout a game. Karaban's negative slot tonight? Goose egg. What a jewel we found in this tea drinking looking motherlicker. Loves to find Sanago in good positions. Between Karaban and Andre Jackson, Sanago will have plenty of great looks under the hoop.
7.5- N. Alleyne: Oh hello. It's my impression his defense wasn't advertised enough; did a great job containing their best player tonight. Defense makes Hurley sing, Alleyne will play a lot of minutes this season.
7.5- D. Clingan: Gives me Amidah Brimah vibes on defense. Very very active. Fantastic start to the season for this very young kid.
7.5- H. Diarra: Since we're busy throwing comparisons around, Hassan gives me a Christian Vital presence. He's a whippersnapper. Will need to control the amount of mistakes. Had a good first half and lost some focus in the 2nd (fair to say the whole team slumped, natural stuff in a blowout).
7.5- R. Springs: Get this man some more 2nd half minutes! Struggled a little bit defensively but not more than our average starter, so what gives?! He belonged out there tonight, and I hope he knows an entire fanbase was as proud as we've ever been.
6.5- T. Newton: Reminds me of the classmate who dominated everyone in recess, but would rarely turn it on during school practice/games. I have a very good feeling Hurley will light that much needed fire over the course of the season. He's one of our few guys who can create his own shot. And it's a pretty shot at that.
6.5- A. Romoglou: How do you say the future in greek?
6.0- J. Calcaterra: Looks like he got lost on the way to my coed intramural game, landed in Gampel instead. Andre and Jordan will be taking 100% of his minutes when they get back. His 3 is wet indeed, but too unreliable in too many other areas. I've never been wrong before, wouldn't mine this being my first time.

Player of the Match- A. Sanogo: For as much as we appreciate the guy, is it possible we don't appreciate him enough?! I mean we gave him pre-season BE player of the year, yet, it doesn't feel enough. It's not enough!!!!
Quick Notes: I poopoo'd myself when Karaban fell hard in the 2nd half. Too early to tell, but im gonna tell it anyways cause I'm f crazy: it feels like we have something great brewing this year. Also, How much would you pay over asking price (with 7% interest rate) to buy the neighboring house to D. Hurley?

Over and Out- RC

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
35EAB404-18D9-4715-9D28-BE4C9EC46E54.jpeg

Reaction Score
8.0- A. Karaban: I keep track of positive/negative plays for each player throughout a game. Karaban's negative slot tonight? Goose egg. What a jewel we found in this tea drinking looking motherlicker. Loves to find Sanago in good positions. Between Karaban and Andre Jackson, Sanago will have plenty of great looks under the hoop.
7.5- N. Alleyne: Oh hello. It's my impression his defense wasn't advertised enough; did a great job containing their best player tonight. Defense makes Hurley sing, Alleyne will play a lot of minutes this season.
Karaban is up to 6 assists on the year. Akok Akok - who I will be rooting for in all but two games this year - had 20 in his UConn career.

Alleyne looked good shooting today, as well as on D. He's still looking for his first rebound and assist, though.

Reaction Score
I think Clingan has to be at least an 8.0. We absolutely dominated each time he was in the game. He was a +14 +/- in 12 minutes. He had 10 and 7 with 2 blocks, that's a 23 and 16 with 5 blocks rate if you give him Sanogo's 28 minutes.

Reaction Score
9.0- A. Sanogo: He's always done easy work of these little teams. Nonetheless, gah'dam! It's one thing to develop your 3 point shot in the offseason, a whole other to bring it to the game under the lights. We are lucky to have this kid. seaton hall.
7.5- D. Clingan: Gives me Amidah Brimah vibes on defense. Very very active. Fantastic start to the season for this very young kid.
7.5- H. Diarra: Since we're busy throwing comparisons around, Hassan gives me a Christian Vital presence. He's a whippersnapper. Will need to control the amount of mistakes. Had a good first half and lost some focus in the 2nd (fair to say the whole team slumped, natural stuff in a blowout).
7.5- R. Springs: Get this man some more 2nd half minutes! Struggled a little bit defensively but not more than our average starter, so what gives?! He belonged out there tonight, and I hope he knows an entire fanbase was as proud as we've ever been.
6.5- T. Newton: Reminds me of the classmate who dominated everyone in recess, but would rarely turn it on during school practice/games. I have a very good feeling Hurley will light that much needed fire over the course of the season. He's one of our few guys who can create his own shot. And it's a pretty shot at that.
6.0- J. Calcaterra: Looks like he got lost on the way to my coed intramural game, landed in Gampel instead. Andre and Jordan will be taking 100% of his minutes when they get back. His 3 is wet indeed, but too unreliable in too many other areas. I've never been wrong before, wouldn't mine this being my first time.

Player of the Match- A. Sanogo: For as much as we appreciate the guy, is it possible we don't appreciate him enough?! I mean we gave him pre-season BE player of the year, yet, it doesn't feel enough. It's not enough!!!!
Quick Notes: I poopoo'd myself when Karaban fell hard in the 2nd half. Too early to tell, but im gonna tell it anyways cause I'm f crazy: it feels like we have something great brewing this year. Also, How much would you pay over asking price (with 7% interest rate) to buy the neighboring house to D. Hurley?

Over and Out- RC
We Blew it open with Clingan and Joey C on the floor in the second half. That was good to see
He does have series range and a very pretty shot
This wasn’t Stonehill it was a well coach well respected mid major
We looked better tonight that the first game .
Newton can also make an entry pass and the Bristol Big Guy return passes were a nice touch.

Reaction Score
We Blew it open with Clingan and Joey C on the floor in the second half. That was good to see
Newton can also make an entry pass and the Bristol Big Guy return passes were a nice touch.
Alleyne really has a nice shot and plays great D. 3 and D guys are great to have. He is also good with that mid range game . I think he looks better than advertised and what I saw from him in the ACC.

Reaction Score
I think Clingan has to be at least an 8.0. We absolutely dominated each time he was in the game. He was a +14 +/- in 12 minutes. He had 10 and 7 with 2 blocks, that's a 23 and 16 with 5 blocks rate if you give him Sanogo's 28 minutes.
Great points, and you backed it up like you were at an 8th grade school dance. If I could edit the orginal post I would. Clingan gets the unofficial 8.0****

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
I was not as high on DC as many others coming into the season. Happy to eat crow with my assessment. Kid has potential to leave here as a legend. Feel that he and AK have what it takes to lead this team to great things. Guards made some lazy passes at the top of the key which led to some turnovers, but all-in-all liked what I saw considering we were down three starters.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Joey C and Donovan seem to have a good rapport.

They probably get a lot of run together in practice on the second team.

Add in Karaban with them and they play well as a unit.

Reaction Score
9.0- A. Sanogo: He's always done easy work of these little teams. Nonetheless, gah'dam! It's one thing to develop your 3 point shot in the offseason, a whole other to bring it to the game under the lights. We are lucky to have this kid. Lick me seaton hall.

Over and Out- RC
I think this is a little harsh to Newton. He had 11/5 with some shots finally starting to fall. Only one assist but he had a number of really nice passes that were either missed or the recipient was fouled on. He’s also going to be an absolute menace starting the fast break. Not many guys that go get a rebound and are going all out the other direction that quickly.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
4 out offense looked much better. Spacing and ball movement looked good. Looked sluggish and clogged with RS/AS and AS/DC.

Reaction Score
Overall a good game. I'd like Newton to improve a bit but everyone looked promising.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Had a good first half and lost some focus in the 2nd (fair to say the whole team slumped, natural stuff in a blowout).
Our three point shooting improved dramatically in the 2nd half. 1st half, 4 of 12. 2nd half, 6 of 9.

Reaction Score
9.0 is a really good score but I'm curious what a player has to do to get a 9.5 or 10. I mean 27 points on 12-15 shooting with 15 rebounds in 27 minutes is better than a A-. Did the 3 turnovers drop him down?
In addition to the turnovers, he left a couple assists on the table. Also, the level of competition does play a small factor. If he plays the same game against Oregon, we’re pushing forward with the never before seen big 10

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Over and Out- RC
Great write up as always.

But I can't stop thinking of "Seacrest Out" when reading these ever since you started signing off like this in January. And I don't mean that in a hateful way. It just immediately pops in my head!

Awkward Ryan Seacrest GIF

Reaction Score
We have a lot to work with and we’re missing 25 points a game from Hawk and AJAX. Might take awhile for Hurley to put this all together especially against the tough teams.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We have a lot to work with and we’re missing 25 points a game from Hawk and AJAX. Might take awhile for Hurley to put this all together especially against the tough teams.
Good thing Oregon stinks.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t read too much into this. The women’s stats are similar and they won their first game by 59 points

View attachment 80582
I like the 4th stat line the most. It should be moved to the top line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom