Replay - UCONN vs. Mississippi State 2017 | The Boneyard

Replay - UCONN vs. Mississippi State 2017

Reaction Score
How painful it was watching the replay tonight on ESPN of the 2017 Women's National Semi-Final against Mississippi State. The miracle shot by Williams and the foul that wasn't called on Saniya Chong's drive.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How painful it was watching the replay tonight on ESPN of the 2017 Women's National Semi-Final against Mississippi State. The miracle shot by Williams and the foul that wasn't called on Saniya Chong's drive.

I watched when they showed it the other day. I didn't see a foul on Chong's drive, just a rushed shot. UConn really gave that game away.

Reaction Score
I just canceled my ESPN+ membership ...no more may be until November

Reaction Score
It gets worse, they are replaying the UCONN vs. Notre Dame Semi Final game for 2018

If Geno plays Azura Stevens throughout the 2nd half we win the game & go on to win the Final Four

Reaction Score
It gets worse, they are replaying the UCONN vs. Notre Dame Semi Final game for 2018
Many of us have tried to forget that game. However, watching right now on ESPN and really enjoyed that 2nd quarter when the big lineup of Nurse, Gabby, KLS, Collier and Stephens destroyed ND. They went from a big deficit to up 7 at the half. I think I’ll turn it off now.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I just canceled my ESPN+ membership ...no more may be until November
There won't be any UConn games on + even if it's a B1G, SEC, or ACC, they would be on one of the main channels. The Big East will be on either Fox and their channels, CBS and their channels, or SNY.

Reaction Score
Never watched the 2018 Norte dame loss... was out that night and taped it but couldn’t stand to watch after I knew the result. Just watched the second quarter on ESPN and don’t know how they lost but I’m to scared to watch the rest. Sad I know. I love the build up to being great like this year and next on our way to the title, but can’t handle the let downs. They hurt too much. Also never watched the Baylor loss from a couple of years ago.

Reaction Score
According to Geno later, the play wasn't for Chong to drive. She thought she had an opening and went. I would've guess it was designed for Katie Lou because of the foul shooting if she got fouled.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Guys, watch any game you like - see the link below. The link is also in my post, the rules post, tacked to the top of the board

Reaction Score
I watched both the 2017 and 2018 semi's, and the things that stuck out were missed free throws in the first, and lack of free throws in the second. ND had 22 to 8 versus UCONN- some of the calls showed absolutely no contact. The first game, our girls looked nervous and missed a few bunnies as well. In the first game, Gabby blocked the short girl to end regulation. In OT, she played the last shot perfectly, but it went in.
In the ND game, they could have been up by 11 at the half if they played smart, yet a bad call and lack of smart defense cost them 4 points.
That's basketball. Good Luck and stay safe!

Reaction Score
Napheesa was the defender against miss st on the losing shot

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa was the defender against miss st on the losing shot

Actually, it was Nurse out top but she didn't stay with William so Gabby came over to help.

Unless you are referring to the Notre Dame game. In that case, Gabby was guarding Ogunbowale but Collier switched onto her after a screen.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Many of us have tried to forget that game. However, watching right now on ESPN and really enjoyed that 2nd quarter when the big lineup of Nurse, Gabby, KLS, Collier and Stephens destroyed ND. They went from a big deficit to up 7 at the half. I think I’ll turn it off now.

Many of us have tried to forget that game. If you can stand to watch replays of games UConn lost, enjoy the game. I'm NOT throwing shade at anyone that can watch games we lost. Good for you, but I can't. I've NEVER watched a replay of a UConn loss, too painful. It stirs up bitter memories.

Some things you try to forget, like the Miss St and ND losses. Games we should have won. Games that came down to one play. I watched it once, that's enough. I'll watch wins again and again. I prefer to relive the "good times", not the bad times. :) Enjoy your day everyone.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Guys, watch any game you like - see the link below. The link is also in my post, the rules post, tacked to the top of the board
As I have posted before, uconnhuskygames is the home page for my Fire Stick browser. It's also the only reason why I purchased the Fire Stick, to get a browser that YouTube is still supporting.
But having the link here on the BY is great. I do use my phone and the link when I am scouting which game I am going to watch next. Having the Box Score link is very useful for me to check out the stats for each game.

Reaction Score
Actually, it was Nurse out top but she didn't stay with William so Gabby came over to help.

Unless you are referring to the Notre Dame game. In that case, Gabby was guarding Ogunbowale but Collier switched onto her after a screen.
Your right I confused the 2 shots

Reaction Score
I watched when they showed it the other day. I didn't see a foul on Chong's drive, just a rushed shot. UConn really gave that game away.
Very bad decision by Chong no matter how you slice it. Even if she makes a shot (or gets fouled and makes FTs), you're giving MISS ST. a chance to win it with a 3 with plenty of time left on the clock. Worst case scenario - take the last shot, & even if you miss it, you go to another OT. But, she took the bait from the MISS ST guard.

Reaction Score
To be honest, those two games that our girls lost in 2017 and 2018- that was the first time i watched
either game after a loss, no lie. it was painful- almost as when the men lost to Laetner of Duke, just 10 seconds in OT away from going to the Final Four-not exactly sure which year. Probably 1997. They had won the Sweet 16 game on the unbelievable full-court pass and turn around J to beat Clemson. The men eventually won in 1999. Of course, the Lady Huskies won the first UC BB title in 1995-all of CT was a buzz. But I digress.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom