Replacing Kia and Gabby w/ Christyn & Megan... the good, bad & ugly.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Replacing Kia and Gabby w/ Christyn & Megan... the good, bad & ugly..

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Legend begins on Sunday! ;)
Hopefully it will never end. The power of the puff! I cancelled a equipment/music date where I would preview some new audio equipment in order to watch a Sunday exhibition game. No way that stuff it wrong.

Reaction Score
If Geno is starting CW this early that is a good sign for us. He would never start a freshman unless he thought she was more than ready. I thought he would start BC until CW was ready.
Regarding losing the seniors, isn’t it always painful. The world moves on and it’ll allow others to step up. Wasn’t thst our problem the past few years, a solid team but no go to player when it really counted. Plenty capable options but no player willing to take charge.
I’ll get slaughtered on here for saying this but I’m not sweating losing gabby. True, she was an athletic wonder and had some great performances but she was very inconsistent and injured/over emotional. Kia is the bigger loss but again we’re going to be fine. If CW is who we think she is, we’re good at guard. Mind u we have no depth.
We will be real good this year if we have O INJURIES. If one key player is out for any extended amount of time, god forbid two we are dead. That’s how fragile this year is.
Next year can even be more concerning.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
A high five and congratulations to all of you that predicted this line up to begin the season. :cool:

Thanks but it wasn't that hard. Lou, Pheesa and Crystal Dangerfield were locks. After that, we just listened to Geno praise CW and MW. Add that to their #! status coming out and bingo!

I just listened to the brain trust here, the most knowledgeable fan base in all of college womens' basketball, bar none.

Take a bow guys. :p:p

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Bad - Gabby's 191 assists dwarfed Megan's 29 last season. Together, Kia and Gabby had 293 assists and 903 points. That is a lot of production for two underclassmen to cover. Gabby's 87 steals led the team and her 52 offensive rebounds were 2nd. Megan showed ability with her 23 offensive boards but will need to become a disrupter on defense with steals and blocks. Christyn is an unknown, but has above average rebounding skills and point guard passing ability. Let's hope...

The Ugly - Replacing two shut-down defenders in Kia and Gabby will be impossible early on in the season and very difficult even in March. Both Megan and Christyn are physically talented, quick players. But Geno & company's biggest challenge will be developing those two as strong defenders capable of switching on screens, guarding bigger players and doing all the little things Geno preaches for great defense. Time will tell...

I'm curious how many of Gabby's assists were to Collier right under the basket. I don't know whether it will be Megan or Lou in the high-low with Napheesa. But whoever is, if Napheesa doesn't magically lose her uncanny ability to make the perfect cut to get free, will have the opportunity to get a LOT of assists.

I think it's highly likely that Megan, who has a great offensive tool kit, will be a better scorer than Gabby. I'm not sure that Christyn will be a better scorer as a freshman than Kia was as a senior, but I think it's possible. So I think there's a chance that what they lose in defense, they will make up in offense. We'll see.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I will watch if I can figure out how to access"Huskies All Access." But why are we playing a pick-up team from a mutual fund?

Because it’s an exhibition game at home that doesn’t count against your number of maximum games allowed by the ncaa, and it gives Gino a chance to take good long looks at his reserves.

Reaction Score
I will watch if I can figure out how to access"Huskies All Access." But why are we playing a pick-up team from a mutual fund?

This is hardly the case! Vanguard is preseason #1 team in the country and have made the elite 8 of the NAIA tournament 12 of the past 15 years. They are as good of a non D1 team as there is in the country! The reason we are playing a non D1 team is because of 1.) In order to play a D1 team it must be a closed door scrimmage with no fans or tv and 2.) no D1 in the country is going to want to come and get blown out by 50 in a scrimmage in which they make no money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom