Replacing a Legend and Recovering | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Replacing a Legend and Recovering

Reaction Score
Not trying to stir any pot, just want to know who you guys would love to see takeover this program?
I think Dan Hurley makes the most sense, he has the east coast ties and what he's done at Rhode Island is pretty amazing. The man has an edge to him that has lacked since Calhoun left.
He is a mediocre coach who can't recruit in the northeast n NY metro area. This despite the connections that he no longer has. If he is so good, why has he not won anything in 8 yrs in two weak conferences? Why has the local prep coaches not push players toward URI? The fact is that he has not develop any players in his 8 yrs

Reaction Score
Not happening. Let it go. He is making his own kingdom. No one wants to play in someone else’s garden anymore more. Thank Calhoun for that. If you can make your own program you can make your own rules. Same reason bobby ain’t going to duke as long as asu keeps improving.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's absolutely killing Louisville.

That wasn't about results though. They were dying to keep those guys. Had no choice.

If a coach screws his assistant's wife in public, has an assistant hire hookers for recruits,

Actually, at Louisville, you keep on paying him. Everybody's gonna get extensions!

then is caught on tape acknowledging many thousands of dollars of payments to recruits,

Then you fire him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There is a well documented phenomena where many people in a serious crisis just stay put and die because they are more afraid of the unknown than the known (even if it will kill them). It's like people on the Titanic who refused to abandon ship fearing the ocean life rafts more than leaving the boat. These types of "the sky will fall if we change" is that phenomena. Most people are programmed to resist change because in ordinary circumstances change means increased risk. But, the brain doesn't process risk well outside of normative situations and often will even deny an unusual event is occurring, seeking an explanation to stay within the comfortable norm (I.e., the billowing smoke is just the restaurant downstairs, not a fire).

KO is a four alarm fire and like a four alarm fire, it's time to move away from the danger.

The choice between letting Ollie go now vs end of season is nothing like that though. Ther are very, very few positives from letting him go now. There are many more very important positives from letting him go later.

Letting him go later is the smart thing to do. Let's do the smart thing.

Reaction Score
Enough is enough.......with goofy "celebrating" and posing by Jalen......a layup with about 1 minute left in regulation to put us up 3 & he acts like it's a big accomplishment.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Enough is enough..with goofy "celebrating" and posing by Jalen.a layup with about 1 minute left in regulation to put us up 3 & he acts like it's a big accomplishment.
What a cool handshake with him and Vital though, huh?

Reaction Score
Am i the only one that thought they actually played pretty well? The defense wasnt there obviously, but the offense looked like a brand new team.

Except for the in-bounding the ball part. That looked pretty much the same.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Don't count on Larrier back next year. He'll go play in the G League, and I suspect do well. Just to put an arbitrary number on it, I'm guessing a 95% chance of leaving.

Adams, idk what his goals are. Maybe that depends on coaching staff.

And Gilbert, no one should realistically count on him contributing anything meaningful. Yes, he could come back and be good at some point. But you can't bank on that at all. Especially next year.

Also, all of this might go out the window if UCONN has a new coaching staff.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
18 assists 9 from Jalen? Shooting close to 45%? 7 turnovers in a 2 overtime game?

I love that you are trying to use real data to support the fact that they played better. They obviously did play better to anyone that is truly giving an impartial look at last night. But some folks won't acknowledge the improvement, even if they believe it to be true...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not trying to stir any pot, just want to know who you guys would love to see takeover this program?
I think Dan Hurley makes the most sense, he has the east coast ties and what he's done at Rhode Island is pretty amazing. The man has an edge to him that has lacked since Calhoun left.

How is the snow down in Kingston Dan?

Reaction Score
I was expecting a link in the OP. Not a good subject title

Reaction Score
If we do, go after the current Butler coach. He has a lil bit of Brad Stevens in him.

No thanks, we need someone who has more than a year and a half of head coaching experience.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen them but If he's good he's good, and we should get him

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I haven't seen them but If he's good he's good, and we should get him
After two years, Kevin Ollie was the hottest young coach in America with as many national championships as Jim Boeheim or Tom Izzo. How's he doing after six?

We need somebody with a track record, not "potential."

Reaction Score
Not sure what is so amazing. The A10 is not as strong as they were before the Big East shakeup which has helped his overall record. He still hasn't had one season with single digit losses and the A10 has produced at least 2 teams with single digit losses every year since he's been there.

Reaction Score
I want someone with a couple inbounds plays, who's team's look good after timeouts and can run a backdoor cut for an easy lob or layup. That too much?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom