Replacing a Legend and Recovering | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Replacing a Legend and Recovering

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good post. He'll always be remembered for winning the championship (that was amazing) and for his great career as a player but the longer this continues on things will get nastier and those memories will be overtaken by us remembering him as the guy who ruined UConn basketball.

See Baylor, Eglin and Robinson, Frank

Reaction Score
Since you apparently had nothing for me earlier ITT, let’s go down this vein.

Did UNC stop expecting championships after Smith left?

Before you build a straw man again, no I am not expecting championships right now.

Reaction Score
It's not at all automatic that the new coach will be good but I like the chances he's better than what we currently have. It's been a rocky ride for a lot of schools but keeping the guy you know is in over his head is craziness. All you can do is your due diligence to hire the right guy the next time.

Reaction Score
No thanks, we need someone who has more than a year and a half of head coaching experience.
But his team beat Nova and came back from 22 down at Gtown. Plus he's done very well in that 1.5 years. But I digress . I guess you do not see or know a thing about Up-and-coming. #BradbestcoachinNBA

Reaction Score
After two years, Kevin Ollie was the hottest young coach in America with as many national championships as Jim Boeheim or Tom Izzo. How's he doing after six?

We need somebody with a track record, not "potential."
Whaaaaat? Lol. Who? Kevin has a weird style of coaching/developing players. No comparison as we've had double digit losses every year under Ollie. Even with that experience group of JC players that won Title

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom