Rentschler Field Outlets "On Track" Again, Town Leaders Say | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rentschler Field Outlets "On Track" Again, Town Leaders Say

Reaction Score
As somebody connected closely to East Hartford and its success/failure, I wish this had happened years ago...long overdue. This land has been pigeonholed for something big for a very long time, and the Rent was supposed to be "just the start." Even though my work timeline is in its twilight, I see this as huge for East Hartford and the entire Greater Hartford area. Not much of a downside to anything positive here. Cabelas...our stadium....outlets....things are looking up for the first time in a long time.
I agree re hope for success. I read all the skepticism on here, but a similar outlet opened north of Palm Beach about 2 years ago on the site of an old JCPenney. It seems to be dong well has had at least one expansion since it opened.. hopefully this can bring some new life to East hartford.

Reaction Score

>>The first phase of The Outlet Shoppes at Rentschler Field is to include “70 leading fashion and lifestyle retailers” occupying 282,000 square feet of leasable space, Horizon Group Properties announced. <<

>>The development’s architectural style is to reflect the property’s aviation history and feature restaurants, a food pavilion and a central courtyard with an outdoor fireplace and a children’s play area. <<

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm surprised CT has the money to subsidize a Cabela's/Bass Pro Shop, as those stores generally don't pay for a blessed thing.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised CT has the money to subsidize a Cabela's/Bass Pro Shop, as those stores generally don't pay for a blessed thing.
Well, some CT residents actually hunt, fish, camp out, etc. And, certain others may just like to project the appearance of being hunters, fishermen, campers, etc.

Reaction Score
In case you have been sleeping since the Lehmann collapse ... Outlet store development has ground to a halt.

So, the absolute curious me ... what stores? 70? What are you doing for anchors? And the nearest Outlet properties are NOT really that far away. The likely restaurants may complement some lingering Rent activities.

The only compelling point this makes is that Rentschler Field is absolutely well located and easily accessible for the greater New England region. Get winning football and find other ways to fill that facility.

Reaction Score

Cabellas has been open in East Hartford since 2007?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Cabellas has been open in East Hartford since 2007?

How long has CT has budget issues?

With BPS buying them out, if Cabela's was paying any tax at all, I imagine BPS will try to negotiate that to zero.

Reaction Score
How long has CT has budget issues?

With BPS buying them out, if Cabela's was paying any tax at all, I imagine BPS will try to negotiate that to zero.

I get your overall point and the business model for “destination stores”. Just thought it was kinda random you brought it up in this thread... wasn’t sure when you moved out of CT and how long it’s been since Cabela’s opened.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I get your overall point and the business model for “destination stores”. Just thought it was kinda random you brought it up in this thread... wasn’t sure when you moved out of CT and how long it’s been since Cabela’s opened.

Cabela's/BPS was mentioned in comment #13, so not completely random at all.

Reaction Score
Cabela's/BPS was mentioned in comment #13, so not completely random at all.

Fair point... I didn't roll back to beginning of thread in August - thought it was in reference to article posted yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom