Renting vacation house in Maine | The Boneyard

Renting vacation house in Maine

Reaction Score
Need some help, how do you find a rental house in Maine for next summer? I know how to look on Craigslist but that's all. I'm looking for a house for one week, for 8-10 people, somewhere between Ogunquit and Camden. FWIW, I don't do Facebook. Thanks!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Need some help, how do you find a rental house in Maine for next summer? I know how to look on Craigslist but that's all. I'm looking for a house for one week, for 8-10 people, somewhere between Ogunquit and Camden. FWIW, I don't do Facebook. Thanks!
Migis Lodge on Sebago Lake

Reaction Score
VRBO
Homeaway

You need to narrow down your scope, where you want to be, how much you want to spend and do the research. For next summer, you have plenty of time. Especially if you're flexible about your week. No worries.

Reaction Score
Airbnb
VRBO
Homeaway
Rented multiple vacation homes on VRBO and Homeaway and it works out great because you get pictures and reviews to go by.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
We rented a great little cottage in pine point maine this past summer. 5-10 mins from old orchard beach without the crowds. Walkable to the beach and morning coffee .... with a 6 year old. Found it on vrbo.

Reaction Score
If you are looking for the beach and have money, look at Black Point in Scarborough and with less money (and the ability to hang with a lot of French Canadians, then Old Orchard Beach. If the beach is no the big priority, Portland if you want a bit or urban, Boothbay Harbor for a classic old harbor town with some good food options. Also, keep in mind that both Rockport and Rockland are along the same stretch of coast as Camden and a bit cheaper.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom