Renee Montgomery | The Boneyard

Renee Montgomery

Reaction Score
"There's work to be done off the court in so many areas in our community," Montgomery tweeted Thursday morning. "Social justice reform isn't going to happen overnight, but I do feel that now is the time and Moments equal Momentum. Let's keep it going!"

Montgomery has raised money to help protesters and support the Black Lives Matter movement. The St. Albans, West Virginia, native will continue that and do speaking engagements in the Atlanta community and beyond.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Respect Hat GIF - Respect Hat Cap GIFs

Reaction Score
Good for her. "Moments equal Momentum" .Love the sentiment. Best wishes on her quest.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Fascinating watching Renee talk through her feelings of how she may be able to make an impact and that her nature is that she can't do both (Focus on Basketball and be a leader in her community). Geno also pushed the idea that you can only affect things locally and that is where people should focus.

Reaction Score
What an impressive woman! I remember when TN got Hornbuckle and UConn got her less well known teammate Montgomery. Hornbuckle was a good player but I wouldn't trade Montgomery for her. Success requires a series of fortunate events and that was one of the important events that sustained a dynasty.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I knew that IG live interview with Geno helped Renee with her decision

I talked to Coach Auriemma yesterday. He’s like another father figure to me, and he was asking me the same kind of dad questions:

“Do you understand what that might mean for you?”

“Do you understand basketballwise what that might mean for you?”

“Careerwise what that might mean for you?”

He told me that these were the same questions he had asked Maya Moore before she was making her decision to do the same thing I’m doing now. I honestly didn’t even think about it, but I guess I’m joining her team.

That conversation with Coach Auriemma confirmed in my mind that, Yeah, I want to do this.

So, I got in front of my computer, and I pulled the trigger.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Her main focus between now and November will be on voter suppression in Georgia. This is a huge issue in our country and it’s getting worse right now, not better. Hooray for Renee!

Another topic Geno discussed in detail in the IGLive interview. Geno had mentioned he had pushed about the issues of voter inaccessibility in (rural?) Georgia with Olivia (A small town GA girl)

Reaction Score
"There's work to be done off the court in so many areas in our community," Montgomery tweeted Thursday morning. "Social justice reform isn't going to happen overnight, but I do feel that now is the time and Moments equal Momentum. Let's keep it going!"

Montgomery has raised money to help protesters and support the Black Lives Matter movement. The St. Albans, West Virginia, native will continue that and do speaking engagements in the Atlanta community and beyond.

We should all follow Renee and dedicate ourselves to reducing the consequences of racism in our communities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom