Renee Fired By Hungarian Team | The Boneyard

Renee Fired By Hungarian Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well she was scoring gangbusters for them. i'd be curious what breaches of team rules she repeatedly broke.

Reaction Score
Yeah, weird, for someone who "did everything (Geno) asked of her. Everything."

Totally out of character.

Reaction Score
It's not that fishy. Occasionally, teams overseas have trouble paying the player. When they do, they "fire" them. Terrible for Renee, but she can probably find herself a better situation.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
While we know that's been an issue for players in the past, we have no idea if that is what's happening here.

I still attribute it to Renee's anti-borscht stand.

Reaction Score
New info: John Altavilla tweeted that Renee was having trouble getting paid by the Hungarian team which led to the dispute.

I still like the anti-borscht story better;)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
This is why it's so fun to play abroad. You get paid in borscht. Or, if you're in Turkey, it's in Delight. Tough to buy a plane ticket with either.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
While we know that's been an issue for players in the past, we have no idea if that is what's happening here.

I still attribute it to Renee's anti-borscht stand.
Pure rumor TJI it had nothing to do with the bortsch, it was the gulosh.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
New info: John Altavilla tweeted that Renee was having trouble getting paid by the Hungarian team which led to the dispute.

I still like the anti-borscht story better;)

That makes more sense!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Or, if you're in Turkey, it's in Delight.

mmm. Turkish Delight.

Yea sounds like they didn't pay her, she complained and they fired her. Nice way to run a club. :(

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Did she employ the Pauly from Goodfellas tactic? ", pay me."

Sadly, I have no idea what legal recourse someone in her situation has. I imagine it would be tough to win a lawsuit against a Hungarian business as an outsider, but that's just a guess on my part.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Did she employ the Pauly from Goodfellas tactic? ", pay me."

Sadly, I have no idea what legal recourse someone in her situation has. I imagine it would be tough to win a lawsuit against a Hungarian business as an outsider, but that's just a guess on my part.
Actually that was Jimmy's line. (DeNiro). While he and Henry were beating up the wig salesman.

Pauly was more subtle.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well i'm no longer curious (see my earlier post) as to why she was "fired". apparently, if you "work" for someone, expect to get paid, don't get paid, then ask about it, it's called "breaking team rules" and you can get fired. OK Renee. don't blame u one bit!!

Reaction Score
well i'm no longer curious (see my earlier post) as to why she was "fired". apparently, if you "work" for someone, expect to get paid, don't get paid, then ask about it, it's called "breaking team rules" and you can get fired. OK Renee. don't blame u one bit!!

Exactly. I hate the wording of "breaking team rules." It makes it sound like she did something wrong when in reality, all she wanted was to get paid for her services.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Exactly. I hate the wording of "breaking team rules." It makes it sound like she did something wrong when in reality, all she wanted was to get paid for her services.

Remember, she was under contract. The team had to assert grounds that would justify terminating the contract. Whether the facts support those grounds is an entirely different matter. I doubt Renee will take legal action in the Hungary courts especially if she's able to sign on with another team that will actually pay her.

Reaction Score
I'm not generally one who is "suit happy" however, given the nature and short half-life of an athlete's career, I'm very much in favor of litigation with heavy financial demand in cases like this or Dee's.
Damages (whether you call 'em punitive or not) should be severe enough to dissuade anyone from trying the same thing in the future.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Seems ex-Huskies are having a hard time playing overseas. Consider what Diana went through last year. I can't imagine Renee Montgomery violating team rules unless the rules were impossible to follow. I suspect the team was trying to save face over a money dispute. If that's the case, I wonder how they think they're going to attract other WNBA players in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom