Reminder: Team USA game - 5:30 p.m. EDT on ESPN2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Reminder: Team USA game - 5:30 p.m. EDT on ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The announcing has been sub par so far today. I was particularly offended by Cindy Brunson calling the USA Women's Basketball team an "appetizer" for the men's team during the halftime report. Yuck.

Reaction Score
My feeling Geno will find many things to discuss in the locker room at halftime :)

Not that it was bad - just stuff we need to work on. Lots of good things happened as well. And Brazil has some very good players. Quick hands and they collapse quickly when the ball goes inside
Methinks Geno will use this as a coaching game, not a competitive one.

Reaction Score
The announcing has been sub par so far today. I was particularly offended by Cindy Brunson calling the USA Women's Basketball team an "appetizer" for the men's team during the halftime report. Yuck.
It's a three-course dinner for me.

Reaction Score
I picked up on that too. Annoying choice of words. Would have been far better to say "the first course" if she was going to use a culinary reference.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but Ros's voice irritates me.

she's from Queens so she can't help it, but she has gotten a lot better. More important, she knows and calls the game vs. bs we are hearing now.

Reaction Score
Any one know who the broadcasting team will be for the Olympics? Hopefully these two jokers will not be calling the games. I've either had a longer day at work than I thought, or these are the two most boring announcers ever.

Reaction Score
Drives me crazy that the camera always shows the last scorer rather than the game in progress. . .

Reaction Score
and again, the dood said it's about managing egos, then in the same breath he said they are very unselfish. ugh

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Any one know who the broadcasting team will be for the Olympics? Hopefully these two jokers will not be calling the games. I've either had a longer day at work than I thought, or these are the two most boring announcers ever.
Anne Meyers alert. I'm pretty sure of it. Plus the play by play guy that will do both men and women, I forget who it is.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
she's from Queens so she can't help it, but she has gotten a lot better. More important, she knows and calls the game vs. bs we are hearing now.
1. Being from Queens is a good thing, not something to use as an excuse.
2. I don't detect any kind of accent anyway.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I agree with that. It is just her tone that drives me nuts.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Taurasi establishes order with a loooooong three.

Reaction Score
1. Being from Queens is a good thing, not something to use as an excuse.
2. I don't detect any kind of accent anyway.

I was being sarcastic. I love Queens. She has a bit of New Yooorker accent, but again, she has improved a lot in her short career. She is student of the game and studies very hard, just like she played. She wasn't the most talented player coming in Stanford and had some 'challenges" with Tara, but she worked her butt off and earned Tara's trust to run the offense. Plus, she earned best defensive player in the conference her Sr. year.

Reaction Score
Shoot me now. I found it. Lisa Leslie, Okay. Ann Meyers? Yuck! CAROLYN PECK? Well, I could tell you what I think about that but I think I will go off on some unrelated tangent about what happens when you leave a frosted cake out in the humidity and the frosting gets all dripity and poolates around the bottom of the cake making it impossible to eat. What's that? Dripity and poolates aren't words? And you wanted to know what I think of Carolyn Peck's announcing? WHAT ANNOUNCING? 'nuf said.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Angel is in, for the first time I think?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Tina has played well, doing some nice scoring with her good post moves.

Reaction Score
End of 3rd quarter, USA 72-48. A Brazil player just hit a 3-pointer from about a mile away - they didn't say who it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom