REMINDER: PAN AMERICAN WBB AT 9:00 ON ESPN2 (nm) | The Boneyard

REMINDER: PAN AMERICAN WBB AT 9:00 ON ESPN2 (nm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
14-10 Mexico end of 1st quarter.

USA is like a pick-up team. Lousy passing. Too many turnovers.

Rebecca Lobo keeps calling Breanna 6-7. That appears to be her official height with USABB.

Bre is clearly the best player on the USA Team.

Best shooter. Best rebounder. Best passer. Best shot blocker.

18-17 Mexico at 5:18 of the 2nd quarter.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. Enjoying the game. 18-17 Mexico, Breanna leading the US on both offense and defense so far.

Reaction Score
Wow, Breanna is outstanding; best player on the court fir USA. Blocked some shots, a couple of sky hooks, free throws no metal. She certainly is not in awe of the much more mature competition. Can't wait!

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
30-27 Mexico at the half.

USA had the ball for the last shot of the half, but they turned it over on a sloppy pass, and Mexico scored a quick three.

This is hard to watch. USA has no flow on offense. USA players are all wearing identical red uniforms; but they are not a basketball TEAM.

Sad.

Reaction Score
Correct, very poor USA team to have a HS player as their best.

Reaction Score
Breanna is the REAL deal. She has great skills and is as mobile as any big can be - and this for a high schooler. It is going to be a lot of fun watching her and Stef together.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
USA 59 MEX 45

At end of 3rd quarter.

Really good play by USA. Lots better passing. Hitting some 3's. Lots of hustle. Fewer TO's

It's too late in the tournament. USA can't advance. But it's good to see them play with some pride and some heart.

Good for Them. Bre is still the best palyer on the court.

AND, HER WINGSPAN IS NOW "7 FEET". No more 6-10 for Bre.

She might be 7 feet tall when she gets to UConn.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Given Rebbeca's reference to Breanna as being 6'7" I am convinced this is now her correct height plus compared to the other players it seems to be correct. 6'7" with a 7'0" wing and skilled. Her big challenge will be adding some mass and power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Ice I was thinking the same thing... others are mentioning that she was 6'4 last Dec.
ok that was a yr ago

I wouldnt be surprised that it the correct measurement.
6'7 just doesn't roll off your lips like that.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Anybody wanna bet about this 6'7" thing ?

I think there was a board game along these lines ..... Balderdash!

My money is on a 6'4" BStewart. Today. Please feel free to suggest a betting structure

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Given Rebbeca's reference to Breanna as being 6'7" I am convinced this is now her correct height plus compared to the other players it seems to be correct. 6'7" with a 7'0" wing and skilled. Her big challenge will be adding some mass and power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Rebecca was using the height provided by USA Basketball on its roster. I don't believe Rebecca and her partner were actually in Guadalahara last night but rather did the broadcast from Bristol with the video feed from Mexico. Had Rebecca actually been there she might have been able to confirm Breanna's height by standing next to her; or, we could have confirmed it by seeing the two stand next to each other during an interview.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I got a fairly upclose look at her last March....she looked like a legit 6'4"....3 inches more now? Doubtful.
What a combo of skills displayed....with her ability to handle the ball very well in the open court not on display due to it not being neeeded.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I have no problem believing that she isn't 6'7" but I will say that she does look taller than when I saw her last year in person. 6'5" or 6'6" may be more likely. But the fact her wingspan is reportedly increased from 6'10" to 7' would indicate a growth spurt, too. She was the tallest person of the court for either team.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Given Rebbeca's reference to Breanna as being 6'7" I am convinced this is now her correct height

I have no problem beliving that she isn't 6'7" but I will say that she does look taller than when I saw her last year in person. 6'5" or 6'6" may be more likely.

I'm confused as to your interpretation of the word 'convinced'. :p

Watching her play in games last season and seeing her yesterday, I see the same sized BStewart. I understand that different people may have different visual impressions. Which is why I asked if anyone would like to suggest a bet? How about this: Not only would I bet that she is 6'4" today, I would be willing to bet that next year, at First Night, when the team comes walking out in a line to do a dance or whatever else they are going to do on the floor, you will see Stefanie Dolson in the back of the line as the tallest person on the team. BStewart will be one of the last few folks, just as we saw Heather and Kiah toward the back of the line this year. With this visual, the girls were close together and it was easy to see that Stef is our tallest player. The same will be true next year. We have between now and then to structure a bet on that outcome. This is just one that I am open to; I'm open to other suggested bets if anyone would like to offer one.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I should have said that I am convinced she is taller than 6'4" and my presumption is that given the new number being repeated consistently is 6'7" is correct. I never make bets. My impression is simply based on observation of Breanna on the court yesterday and having seen her in person. I am not questioning your opinion, just stating my own based on those observations. How tall she is is really irrelevant since it is not something we can change. She will be whatever height she is when she arrives on campus and will be tremendous.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In this photo of the team huddle, the tall player to Breanna's right (Flores) is listed at 6'3". I know heights in photos can sometimes be deceiving, but I don't see the case for a 4" inch difference unless Flores' height is also incorrect.

11_wpag_huddle_102311_670.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As of this December 2010 interview, she reported her height as 6'4" and that her growth was slowing. Of course, growth can be unpredictable. If she ended up being 6'5" or 6'6" with her natural abilities, God help the rest of WCBB.

Reaction Score
tenn fan here...just wanted to say
she is going to be a star. Very skilled just wait until she realizes how good she can be. WCBB is in good hands. The thing that is different in today's game is there are more great players. She is good but GENO will turn into a monster (in a great way).

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I am not questioning your opinion, just stating my own based on those observations.

No worries - I was saying something along the same lines when I said "I understand that different people may have different visual impressions." To each their own.

How tall she is is really irrelevant since it is not something we can change. She will be whatever height she is when she arrives on campus and will be tremendous.

There really isn't anything about the team or the recruits that we, as fans, can change. This has no bearing on what is relevant in the context of discussing the UCONN basketball program.

Given that many accolades have been given to BStewart in the past few years, when her established height was 6'4" or less (ref. BStewart interview 2010), the possibility that she has had a 3" growth spurt since the end of 2010 would--if true--be a very big deal indeed, and highly relevant to what her projected impact might be for UCONN going forward.

I understand that you never bet, and that you're thinking she may have grown a bit, just not 3". I don't have a problem with anyone's opinion, I just thought it would make an interesting wager.....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
tenn fan here...just wanted to say
she is going to be a star. Very skilled just wait until she realizes how good she can be. WCBB is in good hands. The thing that is different in today's game is there are more great players. She is good but GENO will turn into a monster (in a great way).

She's incredibly agile and athletic, with a smooth shot.....and an eraser on the glass! You're right - she's going to be a monster, in the greatest way.... Not in the greatest way for everybody else, though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom