Reminder: HBO Show - UCONN March to Madness - Episode 5 | The Boneyard

Reminder: HBO Show - UCONN March to Madness - Episode 5

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It was obvious from the last segment that they are not taking the cheap way out with a lot of in game footage. This one is really peaking my interest. Maybe Phee finally shows up and is in a talky :D. Saniya could get some more love too. Marisha and Butler? We know "the Voice" will be in rare form in the last couple of minutes.

This is the last "live" (or same day) thing I will see in these NCAAs as I'm being dragged off to a house inside a national park with no internet. Head bang Where's Rocky go? He'll be alive and well in solitary. #@!$%#!

Reaction Score
If you have Amazon prime then you can get a seven day free trial of HBO in order to watch March to madness.
You can get a free month of HBO Now by going directly to the website.

Reaction Score
Don't forget to tune in tonight at 10:00 pm (Eastern Daylight Savings time) on HBO to see Episode 5 of the Series "UCONN - March to Madness"
Not seeing it on hbogo.com. Is there a delay before they stream it? Usually watched the previous 4 shows a day or so later. First time trying to see it on Wednesday.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno's backhanded comment about Brenda: "In 32 years I've never said someone should be afraid to play us. That's all I'm going to say about that. We play UCLA on Saturday."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno's backhanded comment about Brenda: "In 32 years I've never said someone should be afraid to play us. That's all I'm going to say about that. We play UCLA on Saturday."
He also defended her and the other coaches saying every interview the other coaches have had since the moment the bracket came out started with a question about how they felt being in Uconn's bracket, and he didn't blame them for get really tired of hearing it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
He also defended her and the other coaches saying every interview the other coaches have had since the moment the bracket came out started with a question about how they felt being in Uconn's bracket, and he didn't blame them for get really tired of hearing it.
Not sure that Geno was necessarily defending Brenda, but was sympathizing in general with all the coaches that get asked about being in UConn's bracket.

As for Brenda, I thought it was fairly clear that Geno was saying that's not what I would be saying if I got dropped in a tough bracket. Brenda could have taken lessons from Corey Close or Kelly Graves who both handled that question beautifully.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Show, but sure do wish it was 60 minutes long instead of 30 minutes. Would like to see more insight on the players/coaches and even practices.

However, I'm sure all other College Mens and Women's Basketball teams would love the exposure that HBO is providing to UConn.

Reaction Score
Loved the "horseplay" between Geno and Saniya after the team sang "Happy Birthday Luigi" to him, though I missed whatever comment she made to bring it on. Something like a coach grabbing a player in a bear hug could be threatening or creepy in a lot of coach/player situations, so it's a credit to the program, Geno and Saniya that it seemed wholly good natured and natural.

Sweat and effort requirements notwithstanding, it makes you want to hang out with those guys.

Reaction Score
Loved the "horseplay" between Geno and Saniya after the team sang "Happy Birthday Luigi" to him, though I missed whatever comment she made to bring it on. Something like a coach grabbing a player in a bear hug could be threatening or creepy in a lot of coach/player situations, so it's a credit to the program, Geno and Saniya that it seemed wholly good natured and natural.

Sweat and effort requirements notwithstanding, it makes you want to hang out with those guys.

Saniya blurted out Luigi's real age of 63, lol.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am really enjoying the episodes. This episode was very special. I really loved the part after practice, the team started singing "Happy birthday, happy birthday, Luigi", and Saniya yelled out Geno's age, 63, Geno yelled back "shut up", and then he ran over to Saniya and grabbed her, and put his knuckles in her head. Who could ever imagine Saniya and Geno having a special playing moment. Also, how many Coaches could get a 5 foot 11 inches player to buy into their system, and play "center". The work Geno and the staff has put in this team. Gabby went from playing guard, to playing forward to playing center, wow. I am loving this team, and enjoying this ride :).

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Good Show, but sure do wish it was 60 minutes long instead of 30 minutes. Would like to see more insight on the players/coaches and even practices.

However, I'm sure all other College Mens and Women's Basketball teams would love the exposure that HBO is providing to UConn.

My wife & I both commented that it seemed to be over in a flash. 60 min would have been much better.

Reaction Score
Kia really seems to love the camera and is so comfortable with the attention. Bet she aces her course in "Sports Communication"! :)

Reaction Score
I really hope ESPN does a "director's cut" special and puts it out on DVD, etc. Something with bloopers, more game footage, etc. No matter what happens down the road, this team is very, very special and this is the ONLY year that this team is a team together. I want to be able to relive the year from time to time.

Reaction Score
I really hope ESPN does a "director's cut" special and puts it out on DVD, etc. Something with bloopers, more game footage, etc. No matter what happens down the road, this team is very, very special and this is the ONLY year that this team is a team together. I want to be able to relive the year from time to time.
It would be nice, but I can't see ESPN having access to HBO's material to be able to do that. Once the season is over, maybe I'll get the free trial and watch all the episodes in one sitting if I can't find them online somewhere.

punchjur

NYC Fan
Reaction Score
I am really enjoying the episodes. This episode was very special. I really loved the part after practice, the team started singing "Happy birthday, happy birthday, Luigi", and Saniya yelled out Geno's age, 63, Geno yelled back "shut up", and then he ran over to Saniya and grabbed her, and put his knuckles in her head. Who could ever imagine Saniya and Geno having a special playing moment. Also, how many Coaches could get a 5 foot 11 inches player to buy into their system, and play "center". The work Geno and the staff has put in this team. Gabby went from playing guard, to playing forward to playing center, wow. I am loving this team, and enjoying this ride :).
It would be nice, but I can't see ESPN having access to HBO's material to be able to do that. Once the season is over, maybe I'll get the free trial and watch all the episodes in one sitting if I can't find them online somewhere.

I wonder when the first team files the first complaint with the NCAA alleging that this HBO series gives UCONN an unfair advantage in recruiting - and asks that UCONN forfeit it's first "draft" picks for the next umpteen years? I also wonder which team will be the first to file such a complaint?

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I really loved the part after practice, the team started singing "Happy birthday, happy birthday, Luigi", and Saniya yelled out Geno's age, 63, Geno yelled back "shut up", and then he ran over to Saniya and grabbed her, and put his knuckles in her head.

I too loved the "Happy birthday" part. We often hear that Geno is incredibly demanding of his players. But the happy birthday shenanigans showed how much they care for him, and he for them -- and how they are able to poke fun at him, and how he is able to respond with humor. The relationship among the players, and between the players and coaches, is amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom