Reminder: Ciera to play tonight? | The Boneyard

Reminder: Ciera to play tonight?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Her team is scheduled to play tonight. She left their last game with some kind of knee injury...initially
reported as NOT an ACL issue. She had some kind of MRI on Monday and at that point there was no
mention of the result and whether she would play tonight or not. Hope she is good to go....but I am sure
her coach will listen to the medical folks. I do wonder if a stray UConn coach or two might be in the gym...
whether she plays or not.

Best wishes to Ciera.

Reaction Score
Let’s go C!!! Your friends are hoping the best for you.

Reaction Score
All the coaches are out and about right now. If you look closely you can see Jeff Walz scooched down behind the hedges with some papers and a clipboard.
1646850654876.png
:)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why does UConn stay on the recruiting trail of players with knee injuries?
Caroline Doty?
Gabby Williams?
Azzi Fudd?
Errr.... Never mind
Because some of them turn out to recover and become damn good UCONN basketball players. Because UCONN orthopedic surgeon is one of the best in the world. Because UCONN strength and conditioning staff is the best in the world at making sure these injuries don't reoccur. You can also add Morgan Tuck, Caroline Ducharme & ONO to this list.

Reaction Score
Because some of them turn out to recover and become damn good UCONN basketball players. Because UCONN orthopedic surgeon is one of the best in the world. Because UCONN strength and conditioning staff is the best in the world at making sure these injuries don't reoccur. You can also add Morgan Tuck, Caroline Ducharme & ONO to this list.
I apologize if you did not realize my post was intended to be humorous. I fully recognize and agree with you reply. Another reason that you do not mention is that the recruits understand that UConn, based upon its past performances will stand by their commitment to the recruit dispute earlier injuries. Kiersten Walters is the best example of this I can think of. As I recall, Gabby Williams said she came to UConn because they wanted her dispute her injury, when other teams backed away.

Reaction Score
Plus, Coco, as you know knee injuries are quite common among young women playing basketball. If you were to exclude consideration of those with knee injuries, well your recruiting pool would a very shallow one...

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Sluconn: did her team win?
If not...her season is over.
Hope for a quick and full recovery...for basketball....AND...her upcoming high school
golf season. She is one of the best players in the state and some linked videos here show a very fluid
athletic swing...especially for one so tall.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sluconn: did her team win?
If not...her season is over.
Hope for a quick and full recovery...for basketball....AND...her upcoming high school
golf season. She is one of the best players in the state and some linked videos here show a very fluid
athletic swing...especially for one so tall.
Ciera's team Dunmore won 51-25 and will next play Villa Joseph Marie. on Saturday March 12th.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Thanks Coco. If she does play that sure is good news. If or if not...Go Dunmore!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Ciera's team plays Saturday. If she plays even a little that would be a great sign.
Lose and season over. Win and advance...maybe a game Tuesday or Wednesday?
Have we heard whether she is likely to play today?

Good luck to her and Dunmore.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...that gives her one more day to recover....but she was on crutches for their Wednesday game.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Eastern Pa. gurus: heard anything about her playing this afternoon....or not?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Eastern Pa. gurus: heard anything about her playing this afternoon....or not?

Dunmore's game has been moved to tonight. I don't think Toomey's playing. Hard to imagine going from crutches top playing basketball in less than a week.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Fair enough...sounds like she is making progress. Win today with that future Drexel kid going wild again and maybe C
will be ready in 2 or 3 days for the next round. Good luck!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Great job by Dunmore....hope C has sufficiently recovered to play in their next game.
I'd bet that their team will be watching the women's selection show together....just wondering whether anyone
on their current squad will go to The Dance in college...or maybe a final 4 or two...a ring or two?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom