OT: - Remembering the great Rodney Dangerfield | The Boneyard

OT: Remembering the great Rodney Dangerfield

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Rodney was a hilarious guy with his constantly self deprecating humor. But the "light beer" reminded me of my college days long ago. In northwest Pennsylvania, they sold a beer called POC. It was the cheapest stuff we could buy, but it was watery slop. The POC moniker was purported to mean "Pilsner on Call", but we called it "Piss Outta Cleveland" , after the mistake on the lake where it was brewed. It too was less filling, but hardly tasted great. ;)

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife."

I remember Rodney's earlier act when he came out onstage, took out a handkerchief and sat on a stool while constantly wiping his face. This was before "I get no respect". That catch phrase changed his life. RIP to one of the most original comedians of all time.

Reaction Score
Retired CSP, very early one Sunday morning while parked on the median divider on I-84 in Middlebury a lemo came through radar in excess of 80 mph/55 mph zone. Traffic was extremely light but the Trooper I was talking to pulled it over. While he was talking to the driver, I watched from the rear of the lemo. Back door opened and out came an older male, drink in hand wearing a bathrobe, boxers and a sleeveless t-shirt stating "hey boys it's me Rodney. He was returning home from a performance in Boston. He agreed to follow us two exits to the troop. Decided I needed to have a shift meeting and he then proceeded to stay over an hour continually telling one Police joke after another, while his driver kept him supplied with his favorite liquid beverage. Needles to say we didn't give his driver a ticket. One of my favorite memories of my job. One hell of a guy. Statue of limitations has longed passed as I have been retired over twenty years.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
"We sleep in separate rooms, we eat dinner apart, we take separate vacations. we are trying everything to keep our marriage together."

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
As I posted in another thread, he is buried in a cemetery in the Westwood Village section of LA, hidden by buildings. Marylin Monroe’s crypt is there. They allow engraved tombstones. Dangerfield’s says “There goes the neighborhood.”

My 2 fav lines of his “my wife cut me down to once a month, but I don’t mind, I know a guy she cut out altogether. “

“I went into a bar and the bartender asked me what’ll it be. I said ‘surprise me” and he replied, ‘ I slept with your wife last night”.

His real name was the same as my dad, who, while he enjoyed a good laugh, was no Rodney Dangerfield.

Reaction Score
I tell you, with my doctor, I don't get no respect. I told him, "I've swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills." He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.

I asked my old man if I could go ice-skating on the lake. He told me, "Wait till it gets warmer."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Last week, my doc told me he had 6 cases of V.D. in his office. He's all right now."

Reaction Score
Not really a comic line. Several years ago Rodney was scheduled to have a brain tumor operated on. Someone in the press asked him how long he expected to be in the hospital following the surgery. Rodney said either 15 minutes or maybe a week to 10 days.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Topical.

1602425507050.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members