Remembering Mike Nebrich... | The Boneyard

Remembering Mike Nebrich...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
No O line no Nebrich he would of spent an amazing amount of time watching the clouds go by laying on his back near the 30 yd line. All that being said I still love the guy.

Reaction Score
No O line no Nebrich he would of spent an amazing amount of time watching the clouds go by laying on his back near the 30 yd line. All that being said I still love the guy.
The kid runs close to 4.4. He could get out of trouble.

There was no guarantee that Michael could have been successful at UConn. But Pasqualoni never gave him a chance. He stuck with Johnnny Mac even when Mac went 10 consecutive quarters without putting up an offensive TD. P left Mac in and gave MN no playing time even when trailing WVU but 90 points in the 4th quarter. Sound familiar.

That's what I don't understand about many coaches. They just seem to nail certain kids to the bench. They would prefer to lose than to take a chance on some kids. Congrats to Michael. Wonder who that JC transfer was?

Reaction Score

There was no guarantee that Michael could have been successful at UConn. But Pasqualoni never gave him a chance. He stuck with Johnnny Mac even when Mac went 10 consecutive quarters without putting up an offensive TD. P left Mac in and gave MN no playing time even when trailing WVU but 90 points in the 4th quarter. Sound familiar.

That's what I don't understand about many coaches. They just seem to nail certain kids to the bench. They would prefer to lose than to take a chance on some kids. Congrats to Michael. Wonder who that JC transfer was?
JC transfer is Whitmer...you wonder what could have been if Pasqualoni never brought his buddy with him. All water under the bridge though now. I will forever stand on my "DeLeone ruined UCONN football..helped by Pasqualoni" soapbox!

Reaction Score

Pasqualoni was all about "seniority" rather than productivity and putting the best talent out on the football field; particularly at quarterback. F••*ing infuriating...

Reaction Score
From the article, I think what is more important to note is Moorehead's success and the success of his offense. They have put up some eye popping numbers. Which is something Uconn has been sorely lacking for years.

Yup, me thinks Moorehead is an offensive guru. He helped make Endres look fantastic at times and turned Frazer into a serviceable QB.

Reaction Score
Yup, me thinks Moorehead is an offensive guru. He helped make Endres look fantastic at times and turned Frazer into a serviceable QB.

Was he ever considered a candidate for the opening before Pasqualoni or Diaco?

Reaction Score
Was he ever considered a candidate for the opening before Pasqualoni or Diaco?

If he interviewed for the job I don't think it was ever made public at least to my recollection. He would have been a fantastic replacement for Edsall and kept the train rolling.

Reaction Score
If he interviewed for the job I don't think it was ever made public at least to my recollection. He would have been a fantastic replacement for Edsall and kept the train rolling.

Woulda coulda shoulda. It appears with the hire of Diaco, they (decision makers) wanted to start a new with no previous Uconn ties.

Reaction Score
With the stat line from high school in a football rich recruiting state I hoped he would transfer that to UConn but he never really got a chance. Glad to see he made his mark at Fordham playing for his UConn recruiter. Moorhead tried to speed up our offense to respond to the better teams in the Big East. Here we sit 3 years later stuck in the mud due to PP/GDL pro style fantasies. Where is that picture of PPand GDL sitting in the stands of a New Haven high school game talking to another fossil and yucking it up over how much they are being paid or how well depends work. Probably both. :mad:

Reaction Score
I don't know that this kid runs a 4.4, but he was clearly very athletic. P and GDL were committed to a pro style offense and "prototypes". When you are two of the smartest guys in college football, you can win with better schemes regardless of what type of talent you have on the roster.

I am willing to bet that Diaco will move squarely into the dual threat QB mold. It just makes too much sense not too, especially with a program like UCONN. There are a lot more athletes out there than there are talented pro style QBs like Dan O. I still think the kid from NCST has the inside track on starting next season. We shall see.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
From the article, I think what is more important to note is Moorehead's success and the success of his offense. They have put up some eye popping numbers. Which is something Uconn has been sorely lacking for years.
Why can't UConn get guys like these?

Reaction Score
JC transfer is Whitmer...you wonder what could have been if Pasqualoni never brought his buddy with him. All water under the bridge though now. I will forever stand on my "DeLeone ruined UCONN football..helped by Pasqualoni" soapbox!

Hathaway killed it, Pasqualoni managed it and Deleone wallpapered it. But not with pretty wallpaper.

Reaction Score

I always remember Syracuse fans saying Pasqualoni will be a fine hire as long as he doesn't bring DeLeone with him.

Reaction Score
I always remember Syracuse fans saying Pasqualoni will be a fine hire as long as he doesn't bring DeLeone with him.

Exactly what I was told by multiple people, as soon as Pasqualoni's name came up, not just Syracuse people.

I had hoped, and I remember writing it all, that because Deleone actually graduated from UCONN, and played football at UCONN, that there would be some sort of level of accountability and actions above and beyond, but - anyway - all long gone. When the guy was here, I did the best I could to actually defend the guy as long as I possibly could, and in all fairness, we've had 2 head coaches come in since Jan. 2011, and immediately identify OL depth as a major problem.....but the guy is a turd. Period. His ancient bully screamer type of coaching fits in the NFL, because he does actually know football, and NFL football players are employees, not scholarship student athletes, and they'll simply ignore the guy, and take what info they can that they need to survive in their jobs, like any employee would any other boss..

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
His ancient bully screamer type of coaching fits in the NFL, because he does actually know football, and NFL football players are employees, not scholarship student athletes, and they'll simply ignore the guy, and take what info they can that they need to survive in their jobs, like any employee would any other boss..

NFL players a far more self motivating on the whole than college kids. Screams become just noise after a while for both groups of players, but the 18 - 20 year old will cease developing. The NFL player is farther down the road in the course of their development and can fake to a certain point until they move on from that team.

Reaction Score
His ancient bully screamer type of coaching fits in the NFL, because he does actually know football, and NFL football players are employees, not scholarship student athletes, and they'll simply ignore the guy, and take what info they can that they need to survive in their jobs, like any employee would any other boss..

So that's how the young associates who work for me survive. Who knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom