Remember when UNC had fake classes and then never got punished? | The Boneyard

Remember when UNC had fake classes and then never got punished?

Reaction Score
They just rode it out. Let the criticism come, and just sat back and waited. And then...nothing happened. People stopped talking about it.

The NCAA is great. Are they even pretending to be continuing their "investigation" anymore?

Reaction Score
UNC used the timeline to their advantage to kick the can down the road, but they just got more allegations added in December. You can't expect people to talk about it nonstop in today's media landscape.

Reaction Score
UNC used the timeline to their advantage to kick the can down the road, but they just got more allegations added in December. You can't expect people to talk about it nonstop in today's media landscape.

Is it like a 6 month time frame per new allegation?

Reaction Score
They just rode it out. Let the criticism come, and just sat back and waited. And then...nothing happened. People stopped talking about it.

The NCAA is great. Are they even pretending to be continuing their "investigation" anymore?
We all know what's going to happen....no sense obsessing about it

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Why not? They did for UConn's APR issues and post-season ban.

Reaction Score

Didn't the NCAA come out and reinstate the allegations against the football and basketball teams like 2 months ago?

I hope they keep dragging it out, it's hurting their basketball recruiting for sure. Their 2017 class is 3 3 star players and a 4 star player.

Reaction Score
Didn't the NCAA come out and reinstate the allegations against the football and basketball teams like 2 months ago?

I hope they keep dragging it out, it's hurting their basketball recruiting for sure. Their 2017 class is 3 3 star players and a 4 star player.

With Roy getting up there, State getting ready to fill a coaching vacancy with potentially one of the hottest young names in the game, and sanctions looming, you wonder if these next couple years could be the swan song of the most recent golden age of UNC hoops.

I can envision a scenario where the tobacco road scene looks a lot different in a few years, especially with Danny Manning now having Wake moving in the right direction.

Reaction Score
The sanctions will probably be vacating the 2016 national championship and ol Roy has to retire when he decides to retire. And they have to pinky swear they won't use fake classes anymore.

Reaction Score
With Roy getting up there, State getting ready to fill a coaching vacancy with potentially one of the hottest young names in the game, and sanctions looming, you wonder if these next couple years could be the swan song of the most recent golden age of UNC hoops.

I can envision a scenario where the tobacco road scene looks a lot different in a few years, especially with Danny Manning now having Wake moving in the right direction.
Yeah it will be interesting to see how it plays out. It's definitely crazy to see a North Carolina recruiting class with 3 of the 4 players ranked in the 200's.

Reaction Score

sacred cow will not be gored. Not only UNC. Whare is Beau Berghdal?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No worries folks. The NCAA is using the same investigative team they've used for Miami in the UNC and Louisville investigations.

Reaction Score

While we can all hope and pray for that, I give that about the same odds as I have of banging Giselle.....ie, less than zero

Reaction Score
I've gotten tired over the last years starting threads on this. Every time I do the answer is always "these things take time". If they take so much time how come we were on The Nightly News and then sanctioned so quickly for APR ?

Reaction Score
I've gotten tired over the last years starting threads on this. Every time I do the answer is always "these things take time". If they take so much time how come we were on The Nightly News and then sanctioned so quickly for APR ?

Is this a serious question? APR is a calculation... it takes zero time once the number comes in.

Reaction Score
Is this a serious question? APR is a calculation... it takes zero time once the number comes in.
Think about the seriousness of keeping players on the floor with fake courses and grades. How long should it take to figure that out? Please. Are you trying to tell me that they don't know if any of the basketball team members were in any of the courses. Did those fake grades keep their GPA"s eligible? I guess we need WWII enigma code breakers for this.

Reaction Score
The problem is not that the NCAA can't figure it out (well, not entirely), it's that since it's an investigation and not a calculation, there is a long, drawn out back and forth process that UNC can make longer if they choose to.

Reaction Score
The problem is not that the NCAA can't figure it out (well, not entirely), it's that since it's an investigation and not a calculation, there is a long, drawn out back and forth process that UNC can make longer if they choose to.
It's long past time to announce the findings and punishments *so far*.

UNC should be free (and hell, encouraged!) to continue to self disclose the bad things that their fraud of a program has done and probably continues to do. But the idea that they've been able to bury this story and kick the can down the road by saying "wait, we did even MORE bad stuff, let's make sure everything comes out before we hand down punishments" is absurd.

I know the NCAA fears the P5 and especially the supposed "crown jewels" of the P5 but SPOILER ALERT NCAA, the P5 is going to in the a at any possible opportunity from here on out if it means they can make more money and/or further barricade themselves from the unwashed masses of the G5. Helping UNC bury their garbage is not going to help you.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
As a Uconn fan I've been waiting for the outcome of other programs investigations
With a slim hope that the NCAA will harshly punish the other "blue blood" programs like we got punished . It's Not gonna happen. We got hit hard because they hate us and hated Calhoun. End of story.

Reaction Score
The apr only affects schools honest enough to fail kids who don't earn passing grades.
Or, requiring student-athletes to enroll in a majority of actual courses with legitimate course requirements, classes, etc. Sliding through physical education, communications, sociology, HDFR, etc. with a fair does of complementary gut classes is one thing, but schools funneling athletes to majors with almost no real classes, dubious grading, etc. a la UNC takes it to an entirely different level. Such a ¥%£#€?£ joke the University of No Classes is ,,,

Reaction Score
Maybe UNC didn't have the Out and out basket weaving courses they needed so that's why they put this in place. All I can figure is that the easiest courses they had were still getting their players' averages below the mason dixon line. Our guys were in real courses I assume which when they didn't do their work is one of the reasons they were hammered. The entire system is not equitable. Everyone would have to take the same academic strength courses to compare and it's not remotely possible. The APR is a joke for that reason. The fraud is a different story. That should be punishable by 5 years out of the tourney.

Reaction Score
Maybe American UNI should function first and foremost as places of higher learning and enroll those who can hack it and hold any athletes to the same standard. I know, tall order.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom