Remember This!! | The Boneyard

Remember This!!

Reaction Score
Remember This .

1.-UConn 21-22 played for the National Championship and came in second out of how many teams in Division One?

2.- UConn 21-22 was within 7 points in the 4th quarter and had the ball.

3.- But for one more shot the tide/momentum was changing, as the opposition stared in disbelief as in , “Here They Come Again”.

34- But 21-22 was marked this season with fades in the late minutes and in this case the opposition poured inferior players but fresh fast personal that were two steps faster than 21-22, who were Gassed!!

4.- At this point 21-22 had played the mighty inch for inch, breath for breath, step for step..BUT as CD stepped to the FT line you could see the exhaustion, her temples were pounding, lungs pounding for fresh oxygen. I hoped she would make the free throws and get up the court..she didn’t. Out totally of jet fuel., and so were the remaining four!

Well there you have it. faced with a good plan, faced with a hot shot shooting team UConn 21-22 still came within a breath and a win.

Where does UConn go from here. Get use to a 10 player rotation against you..Five starters, and 5 equal relievers. (It’s called run’em in the ground) Get use to having the ball ripped out of your hands and arms, get used to defenses that spend half there life trying to slap the ball while you try to position for a shot. The defense is not going to wave their hands in your face, they are going to attack the ball regardless of where it is.

Listen we are Champions, follow the history of UConn 21-22 and you'll see trial and tribulation, and you’ll see a group of smart, talented, eagar to learn kids who are bent on winning. What more could you ask for.

Watch Out World We Are UConn 22-23 and here we come!!

Reaction Score
I read something similar last Year around this time. UCONN continues to be one of the top programs in the nation. They will be again next season. Geno always talks about using the season to prepare and succeed in March. He is successful at that. It’s April that eludes him. So, we can list many reasons why this is a very good team. But none why they are the best team. I have one suggestion that will change that: Get players who can win the battle in the paint. If we keep losing that war, someone will post your note again next year.

Reaction Score
I read something similar last Year around this time. UCONN continues to be one of the top programs in the nation. They will be again next season. Geno always talks about using the season to prepare and succeed in March. He is successful at that. It’s April that eludes him. So, we can list many reasons why this is a very good team. But none why they are the best team. I have one suggestion that will change that: Get players who can win the battle in the paint. If we keep losing that war, someone will post your note again next year.
That is a tough "get." South Carolina last year got the 6'7" Brazilian who transferred from Syracuse. Add that to Boston and who can compete? DeBerry can become a fine player but she won't be the " banger " you ( we ) all want. Gabriel could be if she learns to play basketball. Geno saw potential in her. Now is the time.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If any other program had managed to achieve only what UCONN WBB has done in just the last 4 season that coach would surely be in line to collect on a major payday in excess of what Vic Schaefer is making at Texas ~$2.0M/Annually. That head coach would also be inline for HoF consideration.
Only because this is UCONN that fans like me have the privilege to proudly say: That is not enough, I want more.
This does not diminish my joy for what this team has accomplished nor does it prevent me from congratulating South Carolina because they were the better team last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom