Remember this guy? | The Boneyard

Remember this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was watching the Calhoun documentary with my father and this person came up My father remembers him from the late 80's. He would roam the sidelines and get the crowd up. Does anyone knows where he is today? My dad remembers him saying "Stick with the program and Jim Calhoun because we are going places" ..... I guess he was right!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 5.45.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 5.45.16 PM.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 237

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yep, caught that too when I was watching the other night. It is Jeremy.

Reaction Score
No, his name is John. I believe his last name is Cusack. He did the same sort of thing in a movie in the 1980s. Except instead of a sign he was holding a radio.

Later on, he did a karate movie with the guy that owned the greasy spoon in Happy Days. It was such a boring movie, they spent half of it showing each other the best way to polish a car.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No, his name is John. I believe his last name is Cusack. He did the same sort of thing in a movie in the 1980s. Except instead of a sign he was holding a radio.

Later on, he did a karate movie with the guy that owned the greasy spoon in Happy Days. It was such a boring movie, they spent half of it showing each other the best way to polish a car.

Good first paragraph but you really went off the rails there with the second. Although I did chuckle thinking about John Cusack doing the crane.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I thought that looked like the leader of the North Goal Gang, but wasn't Jeremy there in the late 1970's? I used to see him in '79 or so when my brother went there and I was in middle school.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I was an original North Goal guy (dating myself) and had a lot of interaction with him.
His name is Jeremy but have lost contact over the last 20 years
I did see him once at BE tournament at MSG - I think it was 1998

Reaction Score
I thought that looked like the leader of the North Goal Gang, but wasn't Jeremy there in the late 1970's? I used to see him in '79 or so when my brother went there and I was in middle school.
No, Jeremy came to the party around 84 at least in terms of leading cheers at Soccer games. He might have been at UConn earlier and I recall his story was that he was working on a graduate thesis on crowds, fans, school spirit etc.. I specifically remember the North Goal Gang rejecting Jeremy at first and by my attendance that could be no earlier than 1983.
I think Jeremy got onto the basketball court with Jim Calhoun's arrival and worked the floor for at least a couple years.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
No, Jeremy came to the party around 84 at least in terms of leading cheers at Soccer games.
I hate when my brain doesn't work. I swear I remember him from when my brother went to school there between '77 and '81. So who led the cheers back then? I remember some great UGLY, MAMA & PAPA cheers as well as mocking the play ay Alabama A&M about their green cards. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Reaction Score
I hate when my brain doesn't work. I swear I remember him from when my brother went to school there between '77 and '81. So who led the cheers back then? I remember some great UGLY, MAMA & PAPA cheers as well as mocking the play ay Alabama A&M about their green cards. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
I don't know.
U-G-L-Y,
you ain't got no alibi
Your ugly, your ugly your ugly
M-A-M-A
How'd you think you got that way....
Were staples for the north goal gang when I started sitting there in 83. It was a collective thing, but there were certainly specific LOUD voiced patrons who would kick it off, normally a few sips into a 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom