Remember The Feeling??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Remember The Feeling???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Respect to Athlete94's original comments minus the bring back Edsall part because we all know it's not happening. Just doesn't make sense.

I wanna root for (nice red pants Bob) Diaco soooo badly as UConn Football but the political/car salesman schpeel when he got here, while he's been here, it's wearing thin. We all know he (along with us) wants this program to be successful on the field along with off it, but from a cultural standpoint (philosophy football wise) it just doesn't appear to be a good fit. At this point, I can only hope he proves what I feel and see is wrong. Hoping big time he gets the team to finish strong at this point. Go 3-0 the rest of the way. Give us some hope for the future.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Respect to Athlete94's original comments minus the bring back Edsall part because we all know it's not happening. Just doesn't make sense.

I wanna root for (nice red pants Bob) Diaco soooo badly as UConn Football but the political/car salesman schpeel when he got here, while he's been here, it's wearing thin. We all know he (along with us) wants this program to be successful on the field along with off it, but from a cultural standpoint (philosophy football wise) it just doesn't appear to be a good fit. At this point, I can only hope he proves what I feel and see is wrong. Hoping big time he gets the team to finish strong at this point. Go 3-0 the rest of the way. Give us some hope for the future.
I love you, Pollyanna. I mean that in the best way. I want to believe in Neverland but I'm past it.

Reaction Score
The staff is part of the problem. Richardson, Orlando, Foley and Hughes. Edsall is not coming back here but he had quality assistant coaches that played a big part in our success.
O
Absolutely true that the dissolution of the BE and the relegation of our program to G5 status has been catastrophic for us. The demotion to G5 has been more immediately disastrous for us than other programs who are at least in good recruiting regions and are keeping their heads above water, for now anyway.
i think the 2 things are really independent. We have hired two bad coaches. It happens. The breakup of the Big East was independent. It didn't help but we are bad because we have had lousy coaches. If we were in the ACC with Pasqualoni we'd be awful there. In the B12 we'd be in a fight with Kansas for the basement under Diaco.

Reaction Score
O

i think the 2 things are really independent. We have hired two bad coaches. It happens. The breakup of the Big East was independent. It didn't help but we are bad because we have had lousy coaches. If we were in the ACC with Pasqualoni we'd be awful there. In the B12 we'd be in a fight with Kansas for the basement under Diaco.

One could say that we hired two bad ADs who hired two bad coaches. The two bad ADs also failed to get us into a major conference which undermined recruiting. So maybe the hiring of the two consecutive bad ADs is the greatest cause of our demise.

Reaction Score
I had questioned if Edsall could take us to "the next level" as a FBS program constantly in the top 25 but in his last 4 seasons we won 8 games every year (9 in 2007), won 2 BE titles and we're going fringe top 25 team at times.

Maybe for UConn football there is no next level? Aside from Penn State and WVU has anyone else really done much in our region?

The one thing I would say about Edsall was he had a knack for identifying talent that the recruiting services seemed to miss on. Where as Diaco sees a kid with FCS offers who's a wrestler and he hands out offers like candy.

The last point about RE is you could likely bring him back cheaper than another name coach considering the big money he made at MD.

It won't happen but I don't think it's as outlandish as people think it is.

I always thought that being a perennial top 40 team would be the realistic ceiling for UConn football. On occasion we might break into the top 25 for a while as we did once (for a week I think) during Edsall's tenure.

Edsall got in players' faces when he had to and administered the necessary "coaching." The players learned from his coaching. I think a lot of people didn't care for the way he did this on national TV at times, but that was his style and it got results overall. He had an eye for raw talent, hired good assistants and developed players. I wish he had stayed. I'm not sure I would want him back though. Would he be the Edsall of old or has his tank run out of gas at this point?

Reaction Score
Why do people think that the only way to achieve moderate success is to hire Edsall? There's literally NO ONE better out there that you'd STILL want him back despite his flaws? Just the most bizarre train of thought on the Yard right now.

It's just a step beyond desperate into pathetic territory. Those d@•n member berries, I tell ya...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's just a step beyond desperate into pathetic territory. Those d@•n member berries, I tell ya...
Lol... member Randy Edsall? Member the Fiesta Bowl? I member!
IMG_2648.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek