Remember Texas A & M 2011... | The Boneyard

Remember Texas A & M 2011...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anything is possible. And if any team deserves a few lucky breaks its this team.

As long as the players still believe...

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
They were 33-5 during the regular season and conference.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Yes I was thinking of them too. It is possible.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
yes i do remember that horrible day on 3/29/11

but yes ofcourse there will be comparisons but.... putting TAMU and Baylor in the same bracket will never compare to meeting each other in the final four....

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
i wonder what wil happen with the pairing of the top 8?

what is fair? what is made for TV? what will the committee do?

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
UCONN have 4 Ls, no conference champs

Stanford 2 Ls (blow out home loss to UCONN), both conference champs... with a competitive 2 seed... W over B (despite Sims absence, this exists)

im thinking the best teams are BU, ND, then UCONN..then Stanford.

but the resume... looks good for Stanford to grab the 3...?

Duke won it's conference champs...

will they get it wrong, and put Duke or Staford higher on S curve because of their resume?....

are nonconference Ls aren't important as recent Ls ? If so then recent Ls for UCONN are damaging

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think of it in terms of "the memo" that Geno mentioned, which ND didn't get in 2011. Losing to us over and over, then winning in the FF.

I think we will meet in the FF again this year.

Turnabout would not only be fair play, it would be delicious. But talk is cheap - our team will have to find -- and then bring -- a little extra edge that they have not been able to summon before. A challenge, but not an insurmountable one.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
i wonder where they are going to place UCONN in relation to ND.

I dont remember but is there a geography rule in place for the bracketing? If so, then UCONN should be ok since Notre Dame is in Indiana.... not in the northeast.

Unlike TAMU and Baylor which both reside in central Texas, 100 miles or so apart.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
I think Dolson seems to be the leader on the floor, but at the end of the games she's invisible and tired, dont get me wrong i commend her weight loss, but she looks like she is mentally and physically tired by the last 18 seconds in the game, standing around waiting for the game to come to her.

Hartley has fire inside her, but just not the shooting confidence this year.

Tuck is the key, she is determined and needs to start.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder if MoJeff can start from now on... to get her game on.

Im sure they can beat most teams with MoJeff at the helm.

Reaction Score
Anything is possible. And if any team deserves a few lucky breaks its this team.

That TAMU team was extremely mentally tough. Their comeback against Stanford in the semis was remarkable.

Little comparable between that team and UConn this year.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I don't get the sense that Jefferson is prepared for the task yet. She is very slight and isn't much of an offensive threat.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That TAMU team was extremely mentally tough. Their comeback against Stanford in the semis was remarkable.

Yes they were but no one said that until they beat Baylor in the NCAA's and then went all the way. Up to the last Baylor gaome it was "Why are they making Baylor beat them again?".
If we can rebound and do well in the Tourney then we too can be considered "mentally tough".

Reaction Score

Not sure she will see much action in a big game. I do hope she gets more time against teams we absolutely have more talent than.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score

deifinitely a different chemistry than uconn, and TAMU was a very veteran group

Senior PG
Junior PG
Senior SF
Senior F
Senior C

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
I don't get the sense that Jefferson is prepared for the task yet. She is very slight and isn't much of an offensive threat.

How does a Point Guard ranked no. 2 hoopgurlz highest rated PG ever not have an offense, too slight to make an impact, lacking in defense?

There must have been something in her to be rated that high.

I think not playing her is a waste of a good player.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
deifinitely a different chemistry than uconn, and TAMU was a very veteran group

Senior PG
Junior PG
Senior SF
Senior F
Senior C

TAMU was VERY talented and a very good team. I kept thinking that they were going to knock us off before they did that year. I wish it had happened sooner and maybe BG would have gone to 4 Final Fours.

Reaction Score

Neither is Caroline Doty for that matter so I would prefer to give Mo Jefferson the experience since she will be starting next year in all probability.

Reaction Score
Remember the championship team in 2003 or 2004? Four losses and they weren't a #1 seed. Barbara Turner thanked Stacy Dales for picking against them, because it was extra motivation.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

UConn hasn't played a game in the NCAA's yet, so let's see how they do in the semi's before disparaging them.

They lost to Baylor 3 times, once in the conference championship game. Not so mentally tough in those games.

I know you have me on ignore, but at least others will see my response. Your post fits my signature line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom