remember "Donald Brown is not an NFL RB" discussion we had last week? | The Boneyard

remember "Donald Brown is not an NFL RB" discussion we had last week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Addai got hurt and DB has 5 carries for 31. By far the best of the 3 Indy RBs.

Again I'll say it, it is all about scheme and proper use of the talent you have.

Reaction Score
I hope Brown can build on this. The UConn homer in me wants to believe he's a NFL back.

Reaction Score
I think his performance will be definitely noticed, since Carter averaged like 1.6 yds per carry.

Reaction Score
Does Donald play specials (coverage unit). If not, he is going to have a tough time latching on with a team next season.

That O Line is porous, and I also feel like he should get a shot with another team.

rsk

Reaction Score
Remember those donald brown is better than Ray Rice discussions you guys used to have? Good times.....

Reaction Score
Remember those donald brown is better than Ray Rice discussions you guys used to have? Good times.....

Was the argument who was the better nfl back? Or who was the better college back? Two completely different things.

Its like saying Tony Romo was a better college qb than Tim Tebow because Tebow is a backup NFL qb.

Reaction Score
Remember those donald brown is was better than Ray Rice discussions you guys used to have? Good times.....

there, fixed it. And yes he was.

Reaction Score

Reminds me of that WVU poster (an exception as most of them are cool) that came over after that heartbreaking loss after Jazz' death to post "WHO STILL THINKS TODMAN IS BETTER THAN NEVINE"

At the time, it seemed reasonable albeit incredibly rude and insensitive. Devine did seem like a better college back. But Todman has a job in the NFL right now, and Devine doesn't.

Basically, I'm trying to say it wasn't such an absurd argument at the time.

Reaction Score
That line was built to pass protect and when Manning is there the play-calling makes it hard for a pounding back to create momentum. Donald would be big in Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Oakland and places with similar schemes.

Reaction Score
Donald got in the dog house early by missing a few blocks and letting PM get creamed.
As someone said above a lot of NFL success depends on the team you are on. Glad DB is getting a shot.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Good for Donald. I hope he continues to get shots at running back and shows them what he can do running the ball.

Reaction Score
Put Ray Rice in Indy's system and he would be just as invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom