2021 Recruiting: - Remaining Recruits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Remaining Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

Watch to the end

Something that hasn’t been mentioned is that Sool is a great kid. We should have ZERO issues with him off the court. He has a massive family support structure. One of the articles after the commitment mentioned that he has 10+ relatives who follow him around to every game he plays.

Reaction Score
Danny wants an on the ball defender and a guy who can shut down a scorer. Chief can’t tell you how important it is to take your opponent out of their offense - either by cutting off the head of the snake (the PG) or by taking away their opponent’s first scoring option and letting someone else try to beat you. Danny also likes guys who can switch on screens, a difference from Calhoun who preferred fighting through the screen. Jim just made a guy so darn accountable on a laser focused assignment.
When AG played great on the ball defense late in the year, it was so beneficial toward winning. Greg Marshall certainly admired that and knew the value that creates - taking the opponent out of their half court game plan, shortening the shot clock and taking the legs out of your opponent impacting their shot, etc. Chief could go on, but you get my point. Very valuable asset to have.
Are you willing to put a #Chiefcertified or #chiefconfirmed sticker on your notion to the casuals that defense is important in basketball?

C

Chief00

Are you willing to put a #Chiefcertified or #chiefconfirmed sticker on your notion to the casuals that defense is important in basketball?
In contrast to the Coed games on First Night - although did that change?
I remember watching Ricky Moore and Rash Jones go after people on perimeter defense one game at Gampel and it turned into offense. An important point for our beloved casual fans, if done well.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Something that hasn’t been mentioned is that Sool is a great kid. We should have ZERO issues with him off the court. He has a massive family support structure. One of the articles after the commitment mentioned that he has 10+ relatives who follow him around to every game he plays.
Agree, he has a wonderful and supportive family.

Reaction Score
Not only that but UConn was one of his first high major offers following just Xavier and Marquette. He since has a ton more suitors (Louisville, Maryland, Creighton, etc) that came after the UConn offer
Doesn't it seem like this staff has a knack for offering or being interested in a player early, before they blow up? Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, but it seems like they have an eye for talent, and they're persistent in their pursuit of their targets.. They're not just offering a bunch of highly-rated players and hoping for the best.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have been talking Hawkins for a long time on the BY - he is the kid I wanted most
I just hope the Diggins recruitment doesn't thwart interest on either side
I want this kid bad - he is unreal

pj

Reaction Score
gtcam has been told this multiple times already and he keeps saying the same thing over and over.

There's nothing wrong with hoping that the unlikely doesn't happen. I hope that an asteroid will not strike the earth tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Doesn't it seem like this staff has a knack for offering or being interested in a player early, before they blow up? Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, but it seems like they have an eye for talent, and they're persistent in their pursuit of their targets.. They're not just offering a bunch of highly-rated players and hoping for the best.

Like Alabama and some others. Lots of offers from some schools.

Reaction Score
They're not just offering a bunch of highly-rated players and hoping for the best.
i imagine 247 rankings and brown paper bags are the only 2 aspects of Penny's recruitment strategy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger