Rellah Boothe 2017 | The Boneyard

Rellah Boothe 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There have been no reports of UConn recruiting her or of interest in UConn on her part.

Reaction Score
Tenn is pushing hard for Ms. Booth's services. I hope we land her, she seems college ready despite not making the U16 team.

Reaction Score
She didn't even make the USA U16 team.

(Of course pretty much everybody, but the U16 selection committee, thinks that a big screw up.)

I know highlight videos can be misleading, but what did the selection committee not like ?

did Geno think there was an attitude problem ? or something else ? - looks like a great athlete that can handle, and shoot

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I know highlight videos can be misleading, but what did the selection committee not like ?
That's a major head scratcher from pretty much everybody who was there.

Reaction Score
The criteria that the committee uses to select their players appears to be close to the type of players that UConn targets. It isn't always athletic ability thats the most important. Not being targeted by Geno and also not being selected by the committee seems to imply that there are certain other factors at play than what scouts tend to look for. As I stated in another thread both UConn and the USA committee have the luxury of being very selective of the players they choose. They can and usually consider other factors besides just pure physical basketball ability.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She didn't even make the USA U16 team.

(Of course pretty much everybody, but the U16 selection committee, thinks that a big screw up.)
There was also the video from this past season where her team beat Dangerfield's team in a show case tournament and Rellah got a major boost in the rating up to top 5 in the class.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
She is only a rising junior. I contend her recruitment is going to explode and her list of 3 expands greatly. (at least I hope so).
As mentioned already, she apparently had a fantastic USA trial, and while not making the team, many scouts took to Twitter scratching their heads about her omission. Color me shocked if her list does not expand.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She had 37 points and 22 rebounds against a team with 5 Division 1 recruits.
Exactly. Including 1 headed to Tenn, 1 headed to MTSU, and 1 headed to UConn as a top 3-4 player in 2016.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
BlueStar indicated Rellah didn't play motivated at times and didn't use her talents like she should have. She is one of the players that Kenny Kallina was complaining about when she didn't make the U16 Team.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
BlueStar indicated Rellah didn't play motivated at times and didn't use her talents like she should have. She is one of the players that Kenny Kallina was complaining about when she didn't make the U16 Team.

I asked an AAU coach who I know was in attendance and he said that Booth was "at times" the best post player at the camp and "other times" he forgot she was on the floor. Also the committee like intangibles (players that will shoot when open or look to pass if defended. always looking for the best option). He also said that the kid from Georgia with the name that starts with a K (Kashitah?) was also someone who he thought would make the team and didn't.

Reaction Score
Kasiyahna Kushkituah

I asked an AAU coach who I know was in attendance and he said that Booth was "at times" the best post player at the camp and "other times" he forgot she was on the floor. Also the committee like intangibles (players that will shoot when open or look to pass if defended. always looking for the best option). He also said that the kid from Georgia with the name that starts with a K (Ka ah?) was also someone who he thought would make the team and didn't.

Reaction Score
That's a major head scratcher from pretty much everybody who was there.
Meyers7----I respect your opinion, so tell me what is there about Rellah that you like or don't like. I'm getting so many varied opinions I can't get a handle on her. I'm not worried that Uconn didn't get one--Shea, Christine, Marissa, Geno don't need second guesses from me.
Just wondering!! thanks.

Reaction Score
Kasiyahna Kushkituah
I hope Uconn doesn't want this one---selfish, it took me 3 years to pronounce Kalana Greens name and Anne Strothers name properly, and they were simple compared to this.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hope Uconn doesn't want this one---selfish, it took me 3 years to pronounce Kalana Greens name and Anne Strothers name properly, and they were simple compared to this.
Really? Wow, I don't think they even bothered with the phonetic help on the web site or Kalana's name. If this kid can play we'll break it down or you by the time she is a rising junior.

Reaction Score
Really? Wow, I don't think they even bothered with the phonetic help on the web site or Kalana's name. If this kid can play we'll break it down or you by the time she is a rising junior.
With this decrepit old brain--I was focused on LANA --and called K-laaaNaa not K lan na. The media for much if not all of Anne Strothers first year called her Struthers---but eventually Megan Culmu alerted us that it was ST Rothers. That kept coming back into my brain--terrible thing about learning the wrong things first -- they are harder to remove. Think of the wrong things learned at your mothers knee--they become a part of you.
However, when K-----K----(if ever) becomes a Uconn WBB member --I'll call upon you to pronounce it for me. Thank you --by the way what is a rising Junior?? Is that from the bed? Or is she just laying around all day and rises occasionally?? Or isn't rising anything until then??
I doubt the coaching staff would want anyone that lazy!! Moving upwards from a prone position--rising, Webster Spanial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom