Release the SEC shills... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Release the SEC shills...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree Nellie, ...bring the whole corrupt system to a halt, put in a 16 team playoff comprised of 10 conference champions and 6 at large bids.
Can you imagine March madness in December...it will be here by 2019...there is too much money out there not to do it..we just have to get the bowl pirates and "TRADITION"
in it's right place.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
really? Missouri beat Auburn...

Yeah, just to correct everyo e, Au urn's 1 loss was at LSU. Missouri did not play LSU, Bama, or Auburn. Personally, I think Auburn has a very legitimate argument over Ohio St,
I agree Nellie, ...bring the whole corrupt system to a halt, put in a 16 team playoff comprised of 10 conference champions and 6 at large bids.
Can you imagine March madness in December...it will be here by 2019...there is too much money out there not to do it..we just have to get the bowl pirates and "TRADITION"
in it's right place.

16 teams? In football? Yack. You really think LSU, Clemson, or Arizona St should have a shot at the title this year? Even if they got hot and won, it doesn't mean they would be the best team. As exciting as March Madness is, it doesn't necessarily do a good job determining the best team. A 16 team tournament played in a Best of 3 series format would be better for that.

Reaction Score
It already started this morning on ESPN. Due to the fact that the SEC has had a team in the NC game the past 7-8 seasons they "deserve" a spot. Danny Kennell though had a good response. He said that if that happens they might as well come out and just say that the SEC has an auto berth

There they go again. ESPN needs to shut it's "media mouth". Just televise the games the NCAA sends its way. Stop trying to lobbying for "dream matchups" or go back to televising Australian Rules Football.

Reaction Score
I wanted to puke after hearing Jesse Palmer on the BCS countdown last night. I get it its the best conference, but how are you not going to allow a 12-0 Urban Meyer coached team into the title game. When they kept putting the camera on Kirk you could tell he was pissed, being an OSU alumn, but I got to give him a ton a credit for all that he is always very objective when it comes to comparing schools, but the look on his face was priceless

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is a version of the prisoner's dilemma for the Big 10. If they play this straight and the SEC plays this straight, the Big 10/Ohio State gets the bid and the BCS maintains its credibility. If the SEC chooses to cheat, and the Big 10 plays it straight, the Auburn/Missouri winner plays in the National Championship game. If both sides cheat, the Big 10 wins because it is already ahead in the polls.

I am sure the Ohio State President and Delaney have discussed the possibility of SEC coaches and Harris voters ranking Ohio State in the teens or not at all. I don't think the Big 10 has any choice but to assume the SEC is going to cheat on the voting.

Reaction Score
Herbstreit is a big promoter of Ohio HS FB and started a national challenge against other states prominent HS's...I loved his expression when some NJ HS's took his teams to the woodshed though admittedly NJ doesn't have the depth or population of Ohio.

Reaction Score
No petition necessary Mr. Fairtides, they have and did hire 2 individuals to assist warde out of the SEC. The SEC is an awesome league in all sports and Susan and warde want the best and WM hired out of the best
within the past 18 months.

Maybe they're experts in stealth hype. :)

Reaction Score
The SEC is a self fulfilling prophecy. They play themselves then complain because they are so good they are entitled to one loss. In reality they are very good teams. Of course I remember a little old team that could from Connecticut that put a whooping on SC. The SC fans were infuriated and apoplectic. That should never happen.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If the SEC doesn't get a team in there then that's absurd. Ohio State and FSU haven't played anyone. FSU played a solid Clemson team in Death Valley and beat them. Other than that nobody. You might as well put Northern Illinois in the BCS Championship Game.

Alabama, Missouri, Auburn, and maybe even South Carolina could beat FSU or OSU.

Reaction Score
Need a 16 team playoff. Beyond that it's smoke, mirrors, politics and perception.

Reaction Score
Well....Nick Saban likes FSU for the best team in the country...

"I think, probably, if you look at the whole body of work and the way they beat people they're arguably the best team in the country right now," Saban said. "

Reaction Score
FSU did beat Florida, Alabama, and South Carolina the last time that they played them....and gave Urban Myers his last loss.

I'd like to see Urban come full circle...have his unbroken winning streak at OSU as a coach broken by the last team that beat him...FSU.

Reaction Score
If the SEC doesn't get a team in there then that's absurd. Ohio State and FSU haven't played anyone. FSU played a solid Clemson team in Death Valley and beat them. Other than that nobody. You might as well put Northern Illinois in the BCS Championship Game.

Out of conference teams have Missouri, Alabama, and Auburn have played:

Murray State (6-6)
Toledo (7-5)
Indiana (5-7)
Arkansas State (7-5) (x2)
Western Carolina (2-10)
Florida Atlantic (6-6)
Washington State (6-6) (Auburn by 7 at home)
Virginia Tech (8-4)
Colorado State (7-6)
Georgia State (0-12)
Chattanooga (8-4)
Total: 57-76

These teams did not go out of conference and beat anyone. All this talk of how much they'd kill anyone is based off the hype machine of ESPN.

One team, though, did go out and play teams. South Carolina.

South Carolina
North Carolina (6-6)
UCF (10-1)
Coastal Carolina (10-2)
Clemson (10-2)

They're losses were to a pretty bad Tennessee and to a Georgia team that was pretty healthy (and a Georgia team that was a hail Mary away from defeating Auburn).

You can go through and do this with FSU and OSU (and pretty much any other team, if you'd like, really). My point is that, since the season is so short, and some of the top teams so shamelessly duck each other, we really don't have an accurate sense of the strength of a league.

Reaction Score

Stick to basketball. FSU is the best team in the country. They have no holes. They are better than Bama.

Reaction Score

Please! the SEC is down this year. Arkansas almost beat LSU in Death Valley this past week and they got beat be RU who got thumped by us. FSU is the Best team in the country this year. (unless qb is not there). do i think Bama is right up there, Yes!... please stop with the SEC bs.

Reaction Score
ill will say, i do think the SEC is the best conference, but TOSU & FSU should play in the game (if they win their Conference Championship Games)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
While it's last year and not a perfect proxy: The SEC had 63 players drafted last year and the Big 10 had 20 - which was fewer than the Big East.

That's some fairly objective data that the leagues aren't playing anywhere near the same level anymore.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Everyone says the SEC is down, then the national championship rolls around and the SEC destroys everyone. Not sure how you can judge someone by being the best in the country if they have played no one.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
While it's last year and not a perfect proxy: The SEC had 63 players drafted last year and the Big 10 had 20 - which was fewer than the Big East.

That's some fairly objective data that the leagues aren't playing anywhere near the same level anymore.

That and the fact that the last 7 titles are in SEC ADs. The last 2 times Ohio State played an SEC team they were absolutely throttled. People point to weak OOC schedules, why then, does the SEC win every time they play for the title?

Reaction Score
Everyone says the SEC is down, then the national championship rolls around and the SEC destroys everyone. Not sure how you can judge someone by being the best in the country if they have played no one.
i was just saying i dont think the conference is loaded this year. I DO feel the FSU can play and beat any team in the country. (that's not to say that Bama, Missouri or Auburn couldnt beat them). just because perception of being a great conference is shoved down our throats (espn) , doesnt mean other conferences are not worthy. bottom line is winner of a big boy conference that goes undefeated goes to the game. thats the way it should be. Bama should not get a sniff of that game. they couldnt win their division in their conference. if Missouri beats Auburn, they should leap Bama in BCS and should get to play in the game if TOSU or FSU loses. Only way a 1 loss SEC get to play in the game, is if either of the 2 undefeated teams lose.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
i was just saying i dont think the conference is loaded this year. I DO feel the FSU can play and beat any team in the country. (that's not to say that Bama, Missouri or Auburn couldnt beat them). just because perception of being a great conference is shoved down our throats (espn) , doesnt mean other conferences are not worthy. bottom line is winner of a big boy conference that goes undefeated goes to the game. thats the way it should be. Bama should not get a sniff of that game. they couldnt win their division in their conference. if Missouri beats Auburn, they should leap Bama in BCS and should get to play in the game if TOSU or FSU loses. Only way a 1 loss SEC get to play in the game, is if either of the 2 undefeated teams lose.
If OSU and FSU remain undefeated and say Auburn wins the SEC, then Auburn has every right to go to the title game. They took down the reigning champs, the #1 team in the country, and have played almost flawless football the last two months.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

So, the SEC is down this year, and is only getting plaudits because of hype. What do you have to show that it is down? How the heck do you explain Ohio State then? They are basically Northern Illinois. The SEC is bad in your view because of a weak OOC. Have you even looked at OSU's OOC (Buffalo, SDSU, Cal, Florida A&M)? Michigan STate (who I think is a damned good team) has played Western Michigan, Youngstown St., South Florida, and Notre Dame. Not really a world beater OOC either. You'd think with all the complaining B1G teams do about SEC OOC schedules, they'd schedule some tough teams themselves.

Luckily, this is the last year for these stupid types of arguments (not saying your argument is stupid, just the fact that we have to debate the #2 and #3 team). The Final Four will go a LONG way towards fixing this.

Reaction Score
If OSU and FSU remain undefeated and say Auburn wins the SEC, then Auburn has every right to go to the title game. They took down the reigning champs, the #1 team in the country, and have played ALMOST flawless football the last two months.

You said the key word.. Almost flawless... that does'nt trump the word perfect

Reaction Score
So, the SEC is down this year, and is only getting plaudits because of hype. What do you have to show that it is down? How the heck do you explain Ohio State then? They are basically Northern Illinois. The SEC is bad in your view because of a weak OOC. Have you even looked at OSU's OOC (Buffalo, SDSU, Cal, Florida A&M)? Michigan STate (who I think is a damned good team) has played Western Michigan, Youngstown St., South Florida, and Notre Dame. Not really a world beater OOC either. You'd think with all the complaining B1G teams do about SEC OOC schedules, they'd schedule some tough teams themselves.

Luckily, this is the last year for these stupid types of arguments (not saying your argument is stupid, just the fact that we have to debate the #2 and #3 team). The Final Four will go a LONG way towards fixing this.
If you dont think going undefeated for 2 years in the B1G is worthy of the chance to play in the game, why not just have the winner of the SEC champion crowned the National Champion. (they may just lose to MSU)-but if they win, they belong in the game. While i do feel the SEC is the deeper of the conferences in quality of the teams, there are good teams in other conferences.

Trust me, i hate TOSU, but if the win, they earned the right to play in the game. (i also hate the Pontif.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
When are you guys going to realize that playoffs do not EVER identify the best team - or conference for that matter. they identify the team that's hot on that day. How else do we get 'national champions' that can't even win their own conferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom