Release the SEC shills... | The Boneyard

Release the SEC shills...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
worst part of college football.
forget what happens on the field. ignore wins and losses.

be prepared to hear every reason under the sun why and how the SEC should have one and maybe two teams in the NC.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It already started this morning on ESPN. Due to the fact that the SEC has had a team in the NC game the past 7-8 seasons they "deserve" a spot. Danny Kennell though had a good response. He said that if that happens they might as well come out and just say that the SEC has an auto berth

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think that Auburn, Alabama and Missouri are all better than Ohio State so this time it doesn't bother me much as Florida State and Ohio State will make Alabama Notre Dame look competitive.

Reaction Score
I think that Auburn, Alabama and Missouri are all better than Ohio State so this time it doesn't bother me much as Florida State and Ohio State will make Alabama Notre Dame look competitive.
missouri?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
missouri?
Missouri beat auburn and their only loss was without their starting QB, against a top ten team, in overtime. They have a pretty strong case if they beat Auuburn next week.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I looked up the interconference records to see if there was a clear answer on this issue either way. It is absurd how few quality interconference games there are. There is really no way to tell if the SEC is that much better than the Big 10 or not.

I hope this will get corrected in the playoff system.

Reaction Score
I wrote in another post that several sports radio programs suggested that Harris poll voters would vote to have bama rated higher than ohio st in order to get them in the champ game

Reaction Score
Game last night was unbelievable and Auburn is good. However, it took back to back miracles for their last two wins AND they lost to 1 loss Missouri, who should probably be ranked ahead of them at this point.

One game doesn't make a season. If Auburn wanted a national championship, should have taken care of business the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Missouri beat auburn and their only loss was without their starting QB, against a top ten team, in overtime. They have a pretty strong case if they beat Auuburn next week.
really? Missouri beat Auburn...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Marty Jackson said:
missouri?

Missouri opened a favorite over Auburn in Vegas this morning so I guess I'm not the only one who thinks they are good...

Reaction Score
Game last night was unbelievable and Auburn is good. However, it took back to back miracles for their last two wins AND they lost to 1 loss Missouri, who should probably be ranked ahead of them at this point.

One game doesn't make a season. If Auburn wanted a national championship, should have taken care of business the rest of the season.
just to clarify, unless ESPN is wrong, Auburn lost to LSU and Missouri lost to south carolina.
missouri plays auburn next week. but hell, when arguing about the greatness of the SEC, let's just throw facts and logic out the window.

Reaction Score
Up until the last few years, it has been about going undefeated and not at all about the "best teams". This is why you need a playoff. You can't change the criteria when it doesn't work in your favor. Sure the SEC teams are probably better. But OSU hasn't lost in 2 years. If that doesn't "earn" you a shot what are they supposed to do?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
But OSU hasn't lost in 2 years. If that doesn't "earn" you a shot what are they supposed to do?
THIS....It's shame. you go undefeated but can't play for a NC? A playoff would solve this. We'll see next year how good or bad it is. For now, OSU deserves it should they win. However, I can see MSU winning next week....then who knows what happens if Auburn loses too.....

Reaction Score
has the playoff format been determined for next year? is it just a plus one or will there be more than 4 teams?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If the SEC is so good, then why is their championship being contested between teams that won a combined two conference games last season?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Because it's not last year?

If major league baseball teams are supposed to be"so good", then how did a team that won 69 games last season, win the world series this season!?

Reaction Score
Surprised there are not calls to accelerate next year's 4 team playoff to this year.
read Dan Weiss's book on why College Football power brokers don't want a playoff...... greed, money and big bowl payoffs...
(he called for a 16 team playoff, incorporating bowls into the mix...great book..everybody should read about the influence of Delaney and B1G, P5
and the backroom deals. They hate the non P5 conferences and want all others out of the picture because of the huge $$$$...much of it fueled by our favorite Connecticut Company called ESPN.

Reaction Score
This was actually the worse SEC in Years
Florida ,Tenn.,Ark(lost to Rutgers),Ken were all bad.
Even Ga. was a real disappointment. Vandy. was an upper level team. The media is trying to further the myth of extreme superiority. Could it be because a certain conference has its own network? Why don't we hear the same complaints about FSU schedule?
They were still the best league largely due to Bama., but this year the gap wasn't enough to warrant the hype. Remove A&M and Missouri and it's a pretty average league.

Reaction Score
If the SEC is so good, then why are two of the better teams, former B12 also rans?

We should stop complaining and petition SH to hire someone from the SEC PR/Promo/Media Relations hype machine.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
FAIRTIDES said:
We should stop complaining and petition SH to hire someone from the SEC PR/Promo/Media Relations hype machine.

It is a hype machine. And its also the best league.

Reaction Score
No petition necessary Mr. Fairtides, they have and did hire 2 individuals to assist warde out of the SEC. The SEC is an awesome league in all sports and Susan and warde want the best and WM hired out of the best
within the past 18 months.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wrote in another post that several sports radio programs suggested that Harris poll voters would vote to have bama rated higher than ohio st in order to get them in the champ game

Just the threat of this could cause full blown sandbagging by Big 10 conference coaches, which of course will result in the same thing on the SEC side. And then the Big 10 would call up MAC coaches and order them to sandbag if they want to keep getting paychecks from the Big 10, and the SEC do the same with the Sun Belt.

The sooner this corrupt system comes crashing down, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom