Reid Ducharme Part 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Reid Ducharme Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have not watched much of either, but I thought Ducharme was playing mostly G, even 1 sometimes. Is he more of 2/3 or is that just your guesstimate based on his size and shooting? Genuinely curious, haven't watched them like others have.

Watched half a full game so far
I expect he'll play 2/3 at Brewster and college. I'll get a better sense as I watch these games. Not seeing the handle/PnR passing to really be a lead guard currently. He's got 2 years more in HS though--that could easily change.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
DUCHARME VS BUCKINGHAM BROWN

21 PTS
6 REB
1 AST (2 potential/ 2 foul)

2 TO
0 BLK
0 STL

7/7 2FG
1/6 3FG
4/5 FT
  • Played roughly 18 minutes. Sat most of the 2nd with foul trouble and the whole 4th because his team was up 20.
  • Strength/athleticism combo is good for a ⅔ combo. Not an athlete like Hawkins at the 2, but good. In particular he doesn’t move as well laterally. But he’s stronger at the same stage.
  • Looks 6’5 or 6’6 to me. Tallest on his team.
  • Passes with his left hand a bit… not great, but a solid skill to have. Short arms some easy passes.
  • Strong driver to his right hand. Finishes well from what I can see… has a reverse, regular, 2 foot and 1 foot finish. Not bad.
  • Nice use of jabs.. Fundamentally sound footwork overall on the perimeter
  • Decent shooting form. Fantastic follow through and balance mostly. Leans back too much and seems to be why he misses. Seems to have a really high Larry-esque setpoint that is slowing his shot down.
  • FT form is good. You can tell his coach has told him to keep the ball close to his body on the way up… he taps the ball against stomach. I think that was a Steve Nash trick. He misses when he leans back on his FTs instead of keeping his posture or leaning in a little…. After the miss he leans onto his toes. Sign that he’s aware of the bad habit.
  • Not sure he has much of a left hand dribbling it yet. Got into the corner a couple times and didnt try to get out with the left.
  • Competition isn’t great, but some nice drive and kick looks. Should be a translatable skill at Brewster.
  • Defense:
    • On-ball defense seems good enough. Very conscious of staying in his stance. Does some wonky stuff with his feet but generally okay. Needs to turn and sprint a little earlier instead of continuing the slide. The kind of thing he’ll be forced to learn at practice at Brewster. He’s getting away with it because he’s so much better here.
    • Defends very stiff in his shoulders. Defends like bad coaches are telling kids to. Both hands up on the drive, not cross his feet early enough… weird stuff like that.
    • Not great off ball D… looks stiff and uncomfortable, not naturally keeping his eye on the ball and his man. Mechanical-ish. You can tell he’s been coached to keep his hands out and swipe up at the ball. Doesn’t commit to help enough, especially considering how weak the players he’s guarding are. Experience will help. Effort is there for sure.
    • Not sure I see the “mean SOB” moniker here at all… must have been an AAU thing. Hopefully that has developed.
    • We’ll learn a lot more about his defense next year. He’s so much bigger/stronger than the guys he’s guarding, his own man doesn’t really do much.
    • Not sure he’s really the athlete or natural defender to generate steals or blocks. This competition is weak and his defensive fundamentals looks suspect.
  • No left hand driving… Seems to have a bit of a left hand at the rim, but not too confident in it yet. Goes right when under pressure by habit
  • Not a fundamentally sound rebounder at all. He should be dominating the boards with his size vs these guys and doesn’t find a body or pursue the ball much at all. Seems more fond of leaking out in transition if someone hits him.
  • Scored or assisted on EVERY SINGLE point his team had in the 1st Q.
  • Sat most of the 2nd quarter with foul trouble.
  • Very soft touch around the rim even with tough angles.

Right hand drive gets fouled. Makes 2/2 at the line.
Noble & Greenough vs. Buckingham Browne & Varsity Mens' Basketball

Gets back cut… bad defense.

For 3

Bricked 3. Still like the footwork and catch though for a soph.

I don’t know why anyone ever thought this kid wasn’t an athlete… well, I do. But he has hops.

Next play… right hand for 2.

Deflection

Fouled on the euro… would’ve got it off if he laid it up with the left.

Good help forces the TO… not gonna happen at Brewster with normally better comp. But good to see the positioning and awareness.

And one… love the way he leaks in transition behind his defender. Watch him read his defenders eyes in these.

Funky but successful double team here. Another one of those things that won’t really work at Brester but he gets away with now. Need to double more selectively IMO

Rebound and the long potential assist his teammate somehow bricked

Dumb shot with no shotclock to worry about

Easy 2

Nice potential assist

TO… needs to work on the left hand dribble

Not really sure what to think of this D. Didn’t take the right angle to cut off the scoring spot I guess

Foul assist

Easy 2

Rebound

Rebound. TO on the other end.

Missed 3. teammate Gets the board, then he drives for 2.

Nice funky reverse 2

Drive and dish--teammate gets fouled

Offensive board

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Reid just picked up a Cuse offer
Vomit Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What were the expectations? Wasn't she a top 5 rated recruit?
On a team that has three number 1 picks.

(She was ranked lower and took a big jump after UConn took an interest in her.)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<<

Truncated last paragraph (which Outline does quite a bit): -> Todd, of course, will support whatever decision Reid makes, but a weekend doubleheader in Storrs, with Reid on one end and Caroline on the other, is hard to ignore. “But you can’t help but think, in the back of your mind,” Todd said. “An hour-and-a-half away, it would be a lot easier than a flight.” <-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom