Register: Father of UConn women’s basketball star Paige Bueckers supports daughter through ‘peaks and valleys’ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Register: Father of UConn women’s basketball star Paige Bueckers supports daughter through ‘peaks and valleys’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why be surprised. Regardless of age, a father is always a father as a mother is always a mother. Paige will always be his girl.

Your hopes and fears for your child don't end as they move on with the lives. We have sons from 37 to 41. Do we still worry about them? Of course. We're their parents.

We have one son, our youngest, who is in the Navy. We haven't seem him for 3.5 years. His station is a potential hot spot right now. You bet your ass we worry about him.
A father and stepfather who fought in WW2, three brothers in Viet Nam. A beautiful rendition of a song of peace on earth.
The artist is Mary James, known professionally as Mean Mary.

sun

Reaction Score
Actually the initial estimate was 6-8 weeks. Some of the confusion seems to be with the word fracture. Bueckers bruised her tibia. There was no fracture. The term covers everything from a bruise to a complete fracture of the tibial plateau and recoveries vary with the severity of the injury. Meniscus tears are repaired arthroscopically, and recovery time is short, especially if the patient is in top shape and the tear minor.
I don't think anyone wants her to return before she is healed. That decision is between her and her medical staff. I simply want that date to be as soon as possible and I'm tired of reading that hoping that to happen somehow makes me out as irresponsible and willing to risk her health.
Do you know for certain that Paige didn't have a screw or pin installed to position & stabilize her tibial plateau fracture?
Quite often that's the reason for surgery when this type of fracture is involved.

"A bone bruise is a type of traumatic injury. It's less severe than a bone fracture. It causes blood and fluid to build up in and around your injured bone: You may have symptoms such as pain, swelling, and a change in color of the injured area."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually the initial estimate was 6-8 weeks. Some of the confusion seems to be with the word fracture. Bueckers bruised her tibia. There was no fracture. The term covers everything from a bruise to a complete fracture of the tibial plateau and recoveries vary with the severity of the injury. Meniscus tears are repaired arthroscopically, and recovery time is short, especially if the patient is in top shape and the tear minor.
I don't think anyone wants her to return before she is healed. That decision is between her and her medical staff. I simply want that date to be as soon as possible and I'm tired of reading that hoping that to happen somehow makes me out as irresponsible and willing to risk her health.
Are you sure there was no fracture? I saw several videos that purported to show exactly what happened and they showed a clear chip/fracture on the top of the bone.

Reaction Score
OK BY doctors - stop it. She has good medical support at UConn. IF she is medically cleared by her doctors then she can work with the team. at that point the trainers will evaluate when she is ready for competition. She doesn't play until that happens. Period. The flip side is that is when she is cleared to play then she is ready to play. Period.

Reaction Score
BTW 2/2/22 will be 7 weeks. From comments Geno has made she is doing rehab already. We are in that 6-8 weeks time frame. Soon we will know. if she needs 4 weeks of practice to be in the flow (which I doubt) that is what is best.With everything I still trust good doctors over BY ones.

Reaction Score
Are you sure there was no fracture? I saw several videos that purported to show exactly what happened and they showed a clear chip/fracture on the top of the bone.

You saw a computer generated video. There is no video of the actual surgery that I'm aware of. Are you?. After the surgery I read several articles that simply said she had a Tibial Plateau Fracture without explaining that there was a wide range of severity. In severe cases pins are used to reattach cracked bones. That entails a cast and a long rehab.

I am positive that it was diagnosed as a bruise, the mildest form of this injury. The only procedure done during the surgery was to repair a small tear in the meniscus. There was no crack in the bone.

Reaction Score
If Paige is medically cleared to play, does anyone here actually believe that she will be happy sitting on the bench? I don't think wild horses could hold her back.
A ship is safe in port, but that's not why the ship was built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom