Refs/Dook/Dookie V | The Boneyard

Refs/Dook/Dookie V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dook desperately needed a win.....the refs were only too happy to comply. I've been around basketball for over 40 years, I was always taught that 3 steps without a dribble is a travel. Silly me, those rules don't apply to Dook.....especially at home when they desperately need a good win or, gasp, be on the bubble. Disgusting.

Reaction Score
Virginia is overrated. They are a soft team. The refs helped Duke no doubt, but they were not responsible for the outcome. If Virginia was really number 7 in the nation, they should have handled this Duke team easily.

Reaction Score
We are in the outside looking in but the ranking system is rigged.

Reaction Score
Wow saw it just a while ago he traveled twice, the 3 steps and then his foot hit the ground before he shot it. Unbelievable, the kid from Virginia defended it as well as he could.

The thing I find most amazing is ESPN even highlighted the travel - They never tend to show a negative view on a Duke win.

Reaction Score
Virginia is overrated. They are a soft team. The refs helped Duke no doubt, but they were not responsible for the outcome. If Virginia was really number 7 in the nation, they should have handled this Duke team easily.
Hey Buddy, you have no idea what you're talking about. Virginia is one of the tougher teams in the country and I wouldn't want Uconn to play them in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Dook desperately needed a win.....the refs were only too happy to comply. I've been around basketball for over 40 years, I was always taught that 3 steps without a dribble is a travel. Silly me, those rules don't apply to Dook.....especially at home when they desperately need a good win or, gasp, be on the bubble. Disgusting.
Duke and coach K get great ratings. Of course they get every call. Duke is exalted to the point that they are the only program run well and honest. And where in the name of Dean Smith are those sanctions for a decade of make believe classes?

Reaction Score
Of course the refs were responsible for the outcome, as Mau pointed out and anyone with eyes could see Allen travelled twice on the game winning shot. Duke has always played by different rules than everyone else.

Reaction Score
Of course the refs were responsible for the outcome, as Mau pointed out and anyone with eyes could see Allen travelled twice on the game winning shot. Duke has always played by different rules than everyone else.

And as pointed he used his left arm to fend off the defender - wow poor Cav's ain't right! It's a joke what happens at Cameron.

Reaction Score
Regardless of travel or not the kid made a tough shot with time expired. The consequence for the nation of college basketball fans is that he will become legendary with glorified media reporting for the rest of his career.

Reaction Score
Also his foot touched the ground before he released the shot.

Reaction Score
Really wanted to start off another losing streak for duke...still think we'll finish off the season pretty well, and hopefully get another shot at them in the ACC tournament

Reaction Score
Duke is nowhere near the bubble.

How many of you criticizing the officials actually saw the travel in real-time? I didn't. If the refs were as far up Duke's a** as you want to believe, there would have been a foul called on the play. Kid hit a great shot, it happens...if he got away with a travel, so be it.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Coach Bennett's remembers that with one, quick phone call, Maryland no longer has to worry about playing against Duke and their referees any more.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
And as pointed he used his left arm to fend off the defender - wow poor Cav's ain't right! It's a joke what happens at Cameron.
And that is what Coach K told UVA's coach was a foul...revisionist history!

Reaction Score

How many of you criticizing the officials actually saw the travel in real-time? I didn't. If the refs were as far up Duke's a** as you want to believe, there would have been a foul called on the play. Kid hit a great shot, it happens...if he got away with a travel, so be it.
This is a stupid argument. You're a fan watching on your couch. They're refs who are trained and paid to make these calls. If it's three steps.... Fine. This was four steps and an elbow to the defender's face.

Reaction Score
And that is what Coach K told UVA's coach was a foul...revisionist history!

Coach K stating they missed a foul is laughable. But hey, it's over now and another one goes down into Cameron lore.

Reaction Score

Have to disagree here. There was contact both ways before the shot but I wouldn't want a whistle either way on a game ending shot like that but this was an obvious travel - it was a double travel -- DHam gets called on the first travel all the time and it was obvious the kid landed before he shot the ball. The refs screwed up, it happens. Gotta love the video they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom