Refs completely dictated the first 30 minutes | The Boneyard

Refs completely dictated the first 30 minutes

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Blaming the refs? This is what we’ve become?

Reaction Score
No, not on the refs. We have no one inside to stop their parade of layups. Foul calls are incidental to those drives.

Although I do think that ref who called Cobb's 5th foul as UConn was about to take it down to 6 with 8 minutes left was shady as hell.

Reaction Score
Im not gonna put this one on the refs even though there were questionable calls. Another low assist game, tons of stupid turnovers, and Cuse’s second chance points is what got us.

Reaction Score
At no point tonight did we “outplay” them for more than 30 seconds at a time. This isnt the refs fault. We’re just not a good team right now. If anyone thought we would be despite returning only 2 players, they’re crazy.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Well the game was won at the foul line and by rebounding or lack thereof. Look at the stats the point difference was at the line fg% were basically even at 44% and we clearly outshot them from 3. Every other stat was basically even, they were more aggressive on the boards and made about 10 more FTs, game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At no point tonight did we “outplay” them for more than 30 seconds at a time. This isnt the refs fault. We’re just not a good team right now. If anyone thought we would be despite returning only 2 players, they’re crazy.
Good? Probably not. Good enough to beat a bad Syracuse team? Guilty.

Reaction Score
The refs didn't give up that many turnovers. We had every opportunity to close in on that game - literally were handed the opportunity. And we couldn't close.

Reaction Score
Somehow I just knew a ref thread would be created tonight. For years this never happened after losses, nowadays we are looking for pity.

Reaction Score
Funny how often we complain about getting screwed by the refs compared to when JC was the coach. KO's complete inability to work the refs was glaring again tonight. Both of those putback dunks looked like goaltending, a strong protest over the first one might have prevented the second one. But that's okay KO, just keep making fart faces, that will eventually start to swing some calls our way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Somehow I just knew a ref thread would be created tonight. For years this never happened after losses, nowadays we are looking for pity.
Do you feel like that was good officiating?

Reaction Score
Ugly game. A bad cuse team played slightly better than an even worse Uconn team.

I am starting to think that JA is not the next coming of Kemba or Napier....Uconn guards of the past, the best ones, when the game gets down to 8, they start to sniff blood and bring the team back. I've seen it happen so many times, where Uconn cuts a lead in half to 6 or 8 or what not, and suddenly, there is Kemba, etc. chipping away, putting the team on his shoulders, getting the game back to even....JA is not that. He just does not have that drive (yet) IMHO. He is not the next anything...

Maybe someday he could be, maybe. But right now, he is not that.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We cut it from 17 to 9 without our playing them. You guys are insane. If you hate this team so bad root for Central. Rumor is they’re gonna win more games than us.

Reaction Score
Do you feel like that was good officiating?
Absolutely not, but I will not complain. Sometimes refs seem to reward hustle, activity and aggresive play. Also its hard to get fouls called when you shoot jumpers.

Reaction Score

Not sure what board you were posting on back then.

Reaction Score
Ugly game. A bad cuse team played slightly better than an even worse Uconn team.

I am starting to think that JA is not the next coming of Kemba or Napier....Uconn guards of the past, the best ones, when the game gets down to 8, they start to sniff blood and bring the team back. I've seen it happen so many times, where Uconn cuts a lead in half to 6 or 8 or what not, and suddenly, there is Kemba, etc. chipping away, putting the team on his shoulders, getting the game back to even....JA is not that. He just does not have that drive (yet) IMHO. He is not the next anything...

Maybe someday he could be, maybe. But right now, he is not that.

I disagree. Jalen was highly recruited and was ranked right with Briscoe. He has not developed his game. I blame the Coaches because he has found some bad habits and is allowed to keep them. He's a kid and seems to be the type of kid that needs to be managed sternly. He is green lighted without any corrective action that I can see. Why Ollie an NBA PG has not developed him is astounding. He's the best recruit Ollie has ever gotten and he's marginally better than his freshman year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom