Refs admit they should have given UConn 2 points at start of OT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Refs admit they should have given UConn 2 points at start of OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the first time that not having Calhoun on the sideline really made a difference this year. Calhoun gets that basket. Ollie did not. That's the problem with having a non-HOF coach.
Pure speculation. Not sure JC would have made a difference. Maybe but never know. Remember we have three ex coaches with KO and no one got it right.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Uconn staff knew the rule or maybe they did not. The refs did not take that much time to invent their call. Its not like Ollie and Co had 5 to 10 minutes to find and take out the rule book. I was surprised how fast the refs made their call, and they certainly did not spend much time discussing it with each coach. To try to find that rule in the rule book (I be the rule book is 40 pages minimum) is unrealistic.

Better point is does scumbag ESPN have any story on this - f no, but Sporting news does. ESPN sucks so bad when it comes to UConn we really should institute a punitive sports network state tax effective last year and drive them the hell out.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Uconn staff knew the rule or maybe they did not. The refs did not take that much time to invent their call. Its not like Ollie and Co had 5 to 10 minutes to find and take out the rule book. I was surprised how fast the refs made their call, and they certainly did not spend much time discussing it with each coach. To try to find that rule in the rule book (I be the rule book is 40 pages minimum) is unrealistic.

Better point is does scumbag ESPN have any story on this - f no, but Sporting news does. ESPN sucks so bad when it comes to UConn we really should institute a punitive sports network state tax effective last year and drive them the hell out.

ESPN does have an article stating this was Ollie's first game after signing his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom