Refreshing Tournament | The Boneyard

Refreshing Tournament

Reaction Score
Like all of you, I wish we played better, but I'm really enjoying the tournament. Almost all the usual suspects are out. So many underdogs winning. Very unique tournament. I'm enjoying it.

Side note. I drove to West Lafayette and watched us lose in person.

My plan was to watch the Maryland game. Then drive to Nashville afterwards and visit my cousin on Sunday. Head back to Indy for game 2 (if we had won game 1).

Obviously we didn't win, but I went to Nashville anyways. Figured I'd spend an extra day visiting. I arrived in Nashville around 2am. When I woke up my cousin wasn't feeling well so he got a rapid covid test. Positive. I had to leave basically immediately. Started driving home around 3pm on Sunday after my cousin got word he was positive.

This was pretty much the worst trip to watch the Huskies ever. Game sucked. My mini vacation in Nashville was interrupted. I suppose I could of gone back to Indy and watched a game, but I just went home.

What a lousy trip.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Sorry about that, double bummer. Maybe don't make it a triple bummer and get yourself tested in a week or so, just in case?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Worst NCAA trips....

1. VCU
2. You

That’s pretty tough.

One thing that I kinda do not mind about this schedule is the Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon - I think I like it.

Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon is fine.

The S16/E8 weekend of Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue (with double headers in primetime) flat sucks.

Also a missed opportunity to test drive not having exclusive windows yesterday for the first 2 games.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That's a real bummer man.

As for the tournament, there are 10 conferences represented in the Sweet 16. I can't pinpoint why that pleases me, but it does.
I’m convinced that Power 5 teams led by freshman and sophomores are not as tuned for elimination tournaments as mid major seniors and juniors who’ve played together for four years.

But really no non-conference creates mayhem.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Like all of you, I wish we played better, but I'm really enjoying the tournament. Almost all the usual suspects are out. So many underdogs winning. Very unique tournament. I'm enjoying it.

My plan was to watch the Maryland game. Then drive to Nashville afterwards and visit my cousin on Sunday. Head back to Indy for game 2 (if we had won game 1).

Obviously we didn't win, but I went to Nashville anyways. Figured I'd spend an extra day visiting. I arrived in Nashville around 2am. When I woke up my cousin wasn't feeling well so he got a rapid covid test. Positive. I had to leave basically immediately. Started driving home around 3pm on Sunday after my cousin got word he was positive.

This was pretty much the worst trip to watch the Huskies ever. Game sucked. My mini vacation in Nashville was interrupted. I suppose I could of gone back to Indy and watched a game, but I just went home.

What a lousy trip.
You drove to Omaha to watch us lose to Creighton and you didn't even get a good steak while you were there.

Then you drove to Indiana to watch us lose to UMD, drove straight to Nashville and neither ate Nashville hot chicken nor saw live music, and then drove home.

I suggest never leaving your house again. At least during basketball season.

Reaction Score
You drove to Omaha to watch us lose to Creighton and you didn't even get a good steak while you were there.

Then you drove to Indiana to watch us lose to UMD, drove straight to Nashville and neither ate Nashville hot chicken nor saw live music, and then drove home.

I suggest never leaving your house again. At least during basketball season.
Road Warrior.

Reaction Score
I have now become a temporary Creighton and Villanova fan. Never been that way before, but I wish them well all of a sudden.

Same here. Since we played them three times I feel like I know the Creighton team pretty well and have enjoyed watching them. They're a pretty solid team. Also easy to pull for Nova with Arcidiacono having his first meaningful minutes occur under the bright lights.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Syracuse has an AAC team and then an 8-12 matchup between them and the Final Four. I know Loyola is good, but we should gird ourselves here

Reaction Score
Syracuse has an AAC team and then an 8-12 matchup between them and the Final Four. I know Loyola is good, but we should gird ourselves here

A #2 seed AAC team. And Houston is favored by 6...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

What a lousy trip.
Sorry you didn't get to experience Nashville. I live here and it's a great city. Visited 3 years in a row and finally decided to make the move in 2019. Hope your cousin is doing alright and you get to come back soon to experience Music City!

I'm heavily involved in the food scene down here, so if you (or anyone reading this traveling to Nashville) needs food or bar recommendations that aren't the tourist traps on Broadway, feel free to hit me up.

Reaction Score
Sorry you didn't get to experience Nashville. I live here and it's a great city. Visited 3 years in a row and finally decided to make the move in 2019. Hope your cousin is doing alright and you get to come back soon to experience Music City!

I'm heavily involved in the food scene down here, so if you (or anyone reading this traveling to Nashville) needs food or bar recommendations that aren't the tourist traps on Broadway, feel free to hit me up.
No worries. I've been a few times. Last trip in December I went to Kayne Prime for Wagyu beef. It was great, but I gotta say I'm not sure Wagyu is worth the price tag.

Ran the marathon a few years ago. A lot more hills than Fargo.

Reaction Score
I visited Nashville two weeks after the Christmas-day van explosion as part of a 22-day roadtrip across the South/Midwest and that city together with Savannah were my absolute favorites. Even with covid19 regulations Nashville was a lot of fun. The live music, the bars, Broadway, the temperature, the Centennial Park and its beautiful and well-done replica of the Parthenon (and the Goddess of Athena). Even for non-country fans such as myself the vibe is still enjoyable. All bars with live music starting at 11am - that's insane!!!!

It's a shame you didn't get to spend time there. Hopefully your next visit is a positive one. Most importantly - I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for your cousin.

Reaction Score
I visited Nashville two weeks after the Christmas-day van explosion as part of a 22-day roadtrip across the South/Midwest and that city together with Savannah were my absolute favorites. Even with covid19 regulations Nashville was a lot of fun. The live music, the bars, Broadway, the temperature, the Centennial Park and its beautiful and well-done replica of the Parthenon (and the Goddess of Athena). Even for non-country fans such as myself the vibe is still enjoyable. All bars with live music starting at 11am - that's insane!!!!

It's a shame you didn't get to spend time there. Hopefully your next visit is a positive one. Most importantly - I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for your cousin.
I just don't get the Savannah thing. The nice part is very small.

Reaction Score
I just don't get the Savannah thing. The nice part is very small.

I think the covid situation may have impacted my judgement of the other cities visited. Atlanta, Louisville, Cincy, and Columbus were basically shut down.

Nashville, Pittsburgh, and Savannah were my top 3 for sure

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
No worries. I've been a few times. Last trip in December I went to Kayne Prime for Wagyu beef. It was great, but I gotta say I'm not sure Wagyu is worth the price tag.

Ran the marathon a few years ago. A lot more hills than Fargo.
Yeah man, its Nash-hill here for sure. Everyone who visits leaves with sore legs because we walk everywhere around town.

But yeah agreed on the wagyu. I've had its part of their "progressions of strip" steak platter and really couldn't tell the difference. They do sometimes have a BMS steak on their specials list - it's really expensive but the best steaks I've ever had. Kayne Prime is hands down my favorite restaurant, not only in Nashville but probably anywhere. Also, the number of Ferraris, Lambos and Bentley's in that parking lot on a Friday or Saturday night is just crazy.

Reaction Score
No Indiana - Cool!
No L'ville - Still laughing, enjoy that "snub"!
No Zona - Fantastic, and maybe in trouble too!
No Duke - Amazing!
No Kentucky - Incredible!
MSU is out in the First Four (even though they didn't deserve a bid) - Still, great.
Kansas gets smoked in the second round by lower-seeded USC - I can dig it!
UNC getting obliterated in the first round by a very pedestrian Wisconsin team from an overrated B10 - Freakin' awesome!
What else do we need? Can FSU beat shorthanded Michigan, please?
My biggest remaining gripe is Cuse sneaks in and tricks a few teams with their gimmick D, yet again, to sneak into the S16. Houston better take this week of prep and use it wisely and stomp Cuse. I will forever have disdain for Houston if they blow this clear path to the FFour. Make the FFour, be respectable against. Baylor and this will be the best year in Houston program history, at least the last 30 some odd years. If WVirginia had simply taken care of business vs Cuse this could have been my favorite tourney out of all the tourneys where UConn exited early (obviously 95, 98, 99, 02, 04, 09, 11 and 14 are all better).

Enjoy this year folks, we might never see something quite like this ever again (as far as blueblood performance).

The Zags better capitalize, this is their year, everything is lining up at least until they reach Baylor, if Baylor capitalizes. (Will that be the final game?)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom