Referees today | The Boneyard

Referees today

Reaction Score
The refs today were Pat Driscoll, Earl Walton and Brian O’Connell. Driscoll and Walton are 2 of the best who let the players play. O’Connell (the ref with white hair) is a control freak who calls ticky tack fouls as evidenced by the first foul on Sanogo. He barely touched him and did not impede his movement. When I saw O’Connell was doing the game i immediately thought Adama will have 2 fouls pretty quick. We are a physical team and officiating is very important to how we are allowed to play defense. That being said the players and coaches need to be aware of how the game will be called.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and there were a lot of calls that were very soft, to the point that it was hard to tell what had been called. Definitely some home cooking, as before Georgetown started to intentionally foul I believe they led in free throw attempts 35-13, and the game didn't seem like it should have that kind of disparity. Fortunately it didn't matter much in the result.

Reaction Score
The refs today were Pat Driscoll, Earl Walton and Brian O’Connell. Driscoll and Walton are 2 of the best who let the players play. O’Connell (the ref with white hair) is a control freak who calls ticky tack fouls as evidenced by the first foul on Sanogo. He barely touched him and did not impede his movement. When I saw O’Connell was doing the game i immediately thought Adama will have 2 fouls pretty quick. We are a physical team and officiating is very important to how we are allowed to play defense. That being said the players and coaches need to be aware of how the game will be called.
Where’s BigErn when you need him?

Reaction Score
I was at the game and there were a lot of calls that were very soft, to the point that it was hard to tell what had been called. Definitely some home cooking, as before Georgetown started to intentionally foul I believe they led in free throw attempts 35-13, and the game didn't seem like it should have that kind of disparity. Fortunately it didn't matter much in the result.
Wow--that's a huge disparity. Refs sending Hurley a message.

Reaction Score
Wow--that's a huge disparity. Refs sending Hurley a message.
Hurley needs to stay in his lane and the coach’s box and keep his volume in check. Tone and volume are extremely crucial factors of communication and clearly Hurley has never learned this as it pertains to the refs. The zebras are in control and not Hurley. Know your role, Danny.

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to stay in his lane and the coach’s box and keep his volume in check. Tone and volume are extremely crucial factors of communication and clearly Hurley has never learned this as it pertains to the refs. The zebras are in control and not Hurley. Know your role, Danny.
The better the ref the thicker his skin is. I wonder how many techs Pat Driscoll has called this year. Be interesting to know how many techs each ref has called. Willing to bet James Breeding is near the top.

Reaction Score
When a coach sees an obvious one way disparity in calls its the coaches duty to let the refs know how you feel. I always let the refs know how I felt.

Reaction Score
When I saw the white haired zealot, and his calls, all I could think was it's a Cahill clone.......That guy always seemed to have it in for Calhoun and the Huskies.

Reaction Score
The better the ref the thicker his skin is. I wonder how many techs Pat Driscoll has called this year. Be interesting to know how many techs each ref has called. Willing to bet James Breeding is near the top.
I think Kenpom rates the refs

Reaction Score
It’s a feature that you have to pay for on Kenpom. Maybe someone can share it.

Reaction Score
1646069815852.png

Breeding who t'd up Hurley is ranked 20

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Thanks. Now I have a name to hate him by.
The first genuine, callable fouls Sanogo actually committed was #3.
He was also the one who looked at the monitor and said it didn't change the call on the OOB.

Reaction Score
When I saw the white haired zealot, and his calls, all I could think was it's a Cahill clone.......That guy always seemed to have it in for Calhoun and the Huskies.
Yeah that’s O’Connell. He even looked a bit like Cahill, at least enough that back before we knew who he was, my dad and I used to call him “the look alike” as in the guy that looks like Cahill.

Reaction Score
Funny story about Cahill told to me from a former player. Calhoun was riding Cahill the whole game and Cahill finally had enough and told him to shut up up. Calhoun said ok I’ll shut but is is it ok if I think? Cahill looked at Calhoun dumbfounded and said sure. Calhoun responded with “ok, I think you f….n suck”.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I was watching I think it was a Patriot League game on TV last week and one of the refs was John Cahill Jr. Hopefully he never makes it up to Big East level games...

Reaction Score
I'm sure you know that John Cahill is the Big East Supervisor of Officials for men's basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom