Ref Errors | The Boneyard

Ref Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good to know, though I’d want to see the report itself. I thought there were a few missed (ie non-) calls and I wonder if they were included in the report. For example, one incident in the second half where Reese slapped Molly Davis in a way that couldn’t have been construed as a ‘basketball play’ should have been whistled and reviewed for an upgrade. At a minimum it should have been a common foul, but maybe more. Of course, the technical called against Caitlin was preposterous even given the rules at the time.

Reaction Score
What jumped out to me was that they said the 88% was lower than their target, but consistent with the rest of the officiating for the tournament.

Not saying that it should be that low, and poor officiating should not be excused, simply stating that it was "fair" in that sense. It wasn't as if this one game was an outlier.

Reaction Score
How did you conclude quotas were involved? If their accuracy was on par with accuracy for the overall tournament....I'd have to say that they were as ready and able as anyone else.

The 88% correct call rate was on par with the rest of the 2023 NCAA tournament, but not ideal for the most important game of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom